Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

FULL ARTICLE: LS600h

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-05, 02:45 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't like the way the butt sticks up in that pic.....
Old 06-13-05, 04:03 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it alot. I dont like the turbine blade wheels and high rear end though
Old 06-13-05, 08:58 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Inabj2
So how will it have the same performance as a 604 Hp S65 AMG with 500 hp? S55 Amg or maybe even S600 I can see.
AMGs have so much junk in them that I'm sure it probly could. I actually think the S65 is alot heavier than the LS430...but still a fine @$$ ride.
Old 06-14-05, 12:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Seems like the new Lexus sedans are getting grilles with verticle slats ala new IS & GS, do you prefer horizontal ? You can always fix that later if you don't like it
i love the one on the sc430 and the current ls430

and i love the jp grille on the gs, how about that
Old 06-17-05, 05:53 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if lexus make their next LS that that, they will never receive my deposit!!! Man, I was hoping it will be more elegant!! But this is just a computer drawing a mix of IS GS and BMW!!! Lexus is not stupid enough to make a car taht doesn't even look right!
Old 06-17-05, 06:13 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
if lexus make their next LS that that, they will never receive my deposit!!! Man, I was hoping it will be more elegant!! But this is just a computer drawing a mix of IS GS and BMW!!! Lexus is not stupid enough to make a car taht doesn't even look right!
Right on!
Old 06-27-05, 03:14 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Right on!
It looks like Bangel designed the front end on this rendition. They should take this front end and mate it with the 7 series back end and have it compete with the BMW Z4 for the ugliest car on the market.
Old 06-28-05, 09:27 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
AMGs have so much junk in them that I'm sure it probly could. I actually think the S65 is alot heavier than the LS430...but still a fine @$$ ride.
I think Toyota made a big bet on the hybrid technology, but imo they are risking too much. It will require a lot of electronics to balance the petrol engine with the electro ones. For new cars I don't see a lot of problems, but in 5- 7 years time ... a lot of the expensive parts may be due for replacement.

Also, can you mod a hybrid? Adding a turbo to a hybrid and what will then happen
Old 06-29-05, 01:37 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HKGS300
For new cars I don't see a lot of problems, but in 5- 7 years time ... a lot of the expensive parts may be due for replacement.

Also, can you mod a hybrid? Adding a turbo to a hybrid and what will then happen
Yes I do see your point. The parts will need replacing in about 5-7 years I'm sure but wont other parts on a non-hybrid have to replaced? It all depends on how you drive it I'm sure. And adding a Turbo to a hybrid, how would you do that? Sounds deadly to me.
Old 06-29-05, 02:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I think Toyota made a big bet on the hybrid technology, but imo they are risking too much. It will require a lot of electronics to balance the petrol engine with the electro ones. For new cars I don't see a lot of problems, but in 5- 7 years time ... a lot of the expensive parts may be due for replacement.

thank god i am not a hard core fan on the power

i think it's still too early to talk about the hybrid. true that toyota is putting a HUGE bet, but from what i see, they are ahead of other people. about the parts on the current hybrid in 7 yrs, i don't know, but if in 7 yrs hybrid is really the way to go, i would love to put my money on toyota since they are so much ahead of other people
Old 06-29-05, 08:15 AM
LexFather

Well I see tons of just gasoline powered cars with shoody quality so I am confident a Toyota made hybrid will at least be as good as that

As for mods, yes people are modding already. The key is tuning or increasing the voltage of the batteries for more power.
Old 06-29-05, 03:26 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
As for mods, yes people are modding already. The key is tuning or increasing the voltage of the batteries for more power.

since they are cranking out so much voltage, I wonder if they will ever have real deal electric superchargers on the hybrids!? Imagine 15lbs boost in an instant flick of a switch. I'm not talking about the $99 ebay electric SCs either.
Old 06-29-05, 10:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by chuckb
since they are cranking out so much voltage, I wonder if they will ever have real deal electric superchargers on the hybrids!? Imagine 15lbs boost in an instant flick of a switch. I'm not talking about the $99 ebay electric SCs either.
We are in the beginning states of batteries. When they change to llthiam around 2010, they will get more effience AND more powerful.
Old 06-30-05, 10:03 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

It's almost scary how much power has been increased over 5 years. How much power will we have by 2010 and beyond? Pretty soon we will have so much power that it will be truely wasted. Do you think having too much power could be a bad thing?
Old 06-30-05, 10:16 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

Wow!!! Looks like a GS on steroids. That's it - I've had it with the Bangle designs. Somebody please let me know when this is coming out - I'll run to my Lexus dealer to pick up the old style LS. I really can't imagine pulling up to a client's house in that thing. I think I like the classic lines better. Why can't they just IMPROVE upon it instead of trying to break the mold again.

Quick Reply: FULL ARTICLE: LS600h