WTB: Lexus Cell Phone

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-03, 08:53 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Lexus Cell Phone

Looking to buy used Lexus integrated cell phone. It will have phone and phone module that plugs into factory audio/navigation system. Willing to pay for dealer to have it removed professionaly from your car.

Last edited by LS007; 02-06-03 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-20-03, 05:44 PM
ericnewman
Driver School Candidate

Default Hmmm I considered this, but... WTB Phone?

I just purchased a like new LS 430 with phone kit, but it's missing the phone. I asked the dealer about removing the kit today, as it's interfering with the operation of the Radio volume controls on the steering wheel.

Apparently, it's a HUGE deal, as the wiring harness gets replaced when the phone is installed. This sound right? I'd be interested in either adding a phone to mine if I know what model phone to get, or removingthe whole thing.

But, either way apparently it's over $500 labor to just remove my kit, so you may not find many takers...

Or is my dealer on crack?

E-
Old 03-23-03, 08:59 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

The only new wire harnesses should be under the center console going to the phone craddle. Then there is a phone ECU that is plugged into the navigation/radio system and the steering wheel buttons. Wow! $500 is a lot to have it removed. My guess is they haven't put one in or removed one before so they are estimating on the high side so they don't have to do the job. I wonder how many hours they say it would take or what another dealer in your area would quote you? I'd pay $700-$750 (including removal costs) for the phone system without the phone. I bet the phone alone will cost in the $200 - $300 range.

Lexus is coming out with a new model of integrated phone for $1800. You might not want to wait on the replacement phone when a new integrated Nokia 6310 will be available soon.
Old 03-24-03, 05:58 AM
ericnewman
Driver School Candidate

Default Hmm.

You seem pretty knowledgable about this. I was trying to get mine removed so I could regain use of the Radio Volume controls, which have been taken over by the phone kit apparently. Now, without a phone installed, all they do is just kill the radio, or Beep at me. The no longer function as the Up/Down/Set buttons. I didn't care so much about removal, as getting these buttons to work.

I'm interested in having it removed if it will restore my radio. Either that, or finding an inexpensive phone to use. I'm told it will have to be Sprint phone in my area, but I can't tell what model cell phone I need...

Would you happen to know what causes the radio controls to switch over to be phone controls? The Dealer basically couldn't figure out how to restore the old operation.

Thanks,

P.S. If you happened to find a dealer who could remove this stuff for a good price, we might have a deal
Old 10-29-03, 11:59 AM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hmm.

Originally posted by ericnewman
You seem pretty knowledgable about this. I was trying to get mine removed so I could regain use of the Radio Volume controls, which have been taken over by the phone kit apparently. Now, without a phone installed, all they do is just kill the radio, or Beep at me. The no longer function as the Up/Down/Set buttons. I didn't care so much about removal, as getting these buttons to work.

I'm interested in having it removed if it will restore my radio. Either that, or finding an inexpensive phone to use. I'm told it will have to be Sprint phone in my area, but I can't tell what model cell phone I need...

Would you happen to know what causes the radio controls to switch over to be phone controls? The Dealer basically couldn't figure out how to restore the old operation.

Thanks,

P.S. If you happened to find a dealer who could remove this stuff for a good price, we might have a deal
All: FYI - Sprint no longer supports this phone and you cannot activate it... the phone is a $3000 waste of money at this point. If you have purchased this and are interested in joining a class action suit against Lexus because of the support and problems with this phone, please email me at lee.ladisky@bigfoot.com

L