LS400 cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-04, 09:14 PM
tyvan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS400 cd changer

HI!
I have a lexus 1996 LS400, I want to buy a glove box cd changer, there is an use OEM cd changer part# 86270-50100 but as I know the manufacturing part# is 86270-50090, could you let me what's the different?( the part# 86270-50100 has an extra box on back #86240-50010 made by nakamichi !, with out this box the changer work, but no sound, I have to connect the cd changer pre wire to this box and plus the wire from this box to cd changer it will work ok! but the sound not so perfect !) my car's sound system is pioneer, the cd changer also pioneer. please let me know why the pioneer cd changer(86270-50100) need an extra box from nakamichi? if I don't use this box is there any way to make the changer work? ( I did email to local lexus dealer but gor no reply!)
thank you!
ty van
Old 07-13-04, 09:28 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should check the classifieds and post this in the audio forums...
Old 07-14-04, 08:16 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yes i will explain what the problem is. the nakamichi system changer 50100 has the sound traveliing in a digital cable. the round hole that looks like antenna jack on the back of the changer is ACTIA;LLY THE DIGITAL PORT. ON LATER CHANGERS IT IS A BLUE SQURE PORT. . it plugs into the nakamichi equalizer and thew changer 50100 could work with your pioneer headunit if you had the nakamichi equalizer box.. if you dont have the equalizer box then the changer will not put any sound out as it needs the equalizer box........................................................................................................................... this is a common problem where the seller withholds the box out of stealth or ignorance and sells it as a pioneer system changer because it was made by pioneer for the nakamichi system so buyer thinks its the right changer. . all other later nakamichi system changers from 98 up wont work even with the equalizer box on a pioneer radio so the seller probably withheld giving the box just to sell it to unsuspecting buyer who would think it was pioneer system since it says pioneer on label. if you could get seller to cough up the equalizer box the changer would work on your pioneer system 1996 ls400. and would actually have more treble and base capability. this is only true on 95 to 97 ls400 radios. no other pioneer system radio can control the nakamichi changer AND EQUALIZER except the 95 to 97 ls400 pioneer radio kex-8156zt with the numnber p1703,p1707 or p1713 on the cassette flap door.
Old 07-16-04, 05:48 PM
tyvan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

thank you very much ! you must be a professional on lexus audio?
Old 07-16-04, 06:36 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i have the plug in pcb board for the inside of the pioneer radio changer . i have not tried it but i think if i switched the plug in expansion board it would put out the sound necesary to play thorugh your pioneer radio. the board is expensive though 100.00. that may be the best option if the seller doesnt have the equalizer or he wont give you your money back . the cd changer as it sits without the equalizer doesnt work on either pioneer or nakamichi system radio. the other thing that comes to mind is where the e