Pilot SS Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 05:47 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Pilot SS Reviews

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/miche...#BVRRContainer

it doesn't really say the cars they where used on but check out the reviews. I spoke to a Michelin tester in Houghton and asked him about tires he liked this one. I need new tires they have the 30 day guarantee get em from Tire Rack trade em in for Premier, other Michelin. Expensive but might be fun 4.9 out of 5 stars like 260 posts I have winter tires.
Old 04-20-15, 06:46 PM
shepherd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're looking for summer performance you've found the right tire. they're not cheap and realistically you'll only get about 20k miles out of them. If you're ok with spending that much money and getting that many miles out of a tire, by all means you won't be disappointed.

some other tires to compare it with are the continental extreme contact DW (not DWS), Pirelli P Zero (not the nero), Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar, or possibly something from the Nitto line.

I ran Nittos on my Mustang and had nothing but great experiences. First of all, they're about half the price of a Pilot SS. Haven't had them on the Lexus yet as I've got some Michelin Primacy MXM4's in great condition but when they're done i'll see how the Nittos do on it. I drove the living crap out of the Nitto 555's and still got 30k miles out of them and for that I'm going to try them on the Lexus. The only thing I'm unsure about is the road noise. I couldn't have heard mud tires with the exhaust I had on that Mustang. and now it's a much different story. I can tell you they ride very smooth though and do well in the occasional rain storm.
Old 04-21-15, 07:43 PM
ZanderZ32
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I run them on my other car 300zx twinturbo but that is a completely different car and isn't driven too often. I will say I had them on my previous car a Mazdaspeed3 and they were fantastic. The amount of grip in wet and dry is amazing. But they do ride rougher then the MxH4 I had on before. I will be getting a set of them on my LS shortly with the new wheels because they have always impressed me.

If you want the best summer tires look no further, even tire rack will say the same thing. For ride quality stay all season though.