SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks ~ couldn't agree more!
Old 03-09-15, 07:05 AM
beneteau
Driver

I discovered about 2 years ago that Florida was the place to shop for automobiles especially luxury automobiles. Lots of wealth in Florida, especially the east coast, and lots of late model, well serviced, low mileage cars available.

Just recently I compared used RX350 prices in Florida compared to Lexus of Memphis and found prices in Florida $3K, $5K and up to $8K less for comparable models. In 2012 I purchased my 2012 Camry SE (5K miles) from Lexus of Palm Beach for $8K less than I had previously found anywhere.

Local dealers in Memphis purchase late model cars in Florida and ship them to Memphis for resell.

I'll never purchase another vehicle from any local dealer---I'll always shop in Florida.
Old 03-09-15, 07:06 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Sweet ride , congrats
Old 03-09-15, 09:26 AM
FlaPhil
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beneteau
I discovered about 2 years ago that Florida was the place to shop for automobiles especially luxury automobiles. Lots of wealth in Florida, especially the east coast, and lots of late model, well serviced, low mileage cars available.

Just recently I compared used RX350 prices in Florida compared to Lexus of Memphis and found prices in Florida $3K, $5K and up to $8K less for comparable models. In 2012 I purchased my 2012 Camry SE (5K miles) from Lexus of Palm Beach for $8K less than I had previously found anywhere.

Local dealers in Memphis purchase late model cars in Florida and ship them to Memphis for resell.

I'll never purchase another vehicle from any local dealer---I'll always shop in Florida.
Agree, with one caveat - be VERY, VERY careful shopping in Miami/Ft Lauderdale from a non major dealer. I got tired of finding deceptive claims on various cars I tried to buy there. Auction cars seem to be the biggest problem area.

By the way, don't rule out the west coast of Florida. There is a lot of wealth in the Naples to Sarasota region too.

My '05 came from an Audi dealership in Orlando who had taken it as a trade-in and it had never been near an auction. Great car. As always, caveat emptor. Vehicle history is everything.
Old 03-09-15, 11:30 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FlaPhil
Agree, with one caveat - be VERY, VERY careful shopping in Miami/Ft Lauderdale from a non major dealer. I got tired of finding deceptive claims on various cars I tried to buy there. Auction cars seem to be the biggest problem area.

By the way, don't rule out the west coast of Florida. There is a lot of wealth in the Naples to Sarasota region too.

My '05 came from an Audi dealership in Orlando who had taken it as a trade-in and it had never been near an auction. Great car. As always, caveat emptor. Vehicle history is everything.
I agree with you. I have a place in Naples/Bonita springs and I would bet this area has as much wealth or higher then any other area in the country. I service a 2006 GS430 at the Lexus dealer and they always seem to have a few nice low mileage LS's in stock. Not cheap though...
Old 03-09-15, 01:49 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SixSeven
I just found out about the My Lexus site - and on there it is showing the 90k was recommended, but doesn't say it was done?

Dealer Reported 08/09/2013 Lexus of Palm Beach 39806 0755692 RECOMMENDED SERVICE - 90K SERVICE - RECOMMENDED SERVICE - 90K SERVICE - 39806 RECOMMEND REPLACING TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP AND ENGINE SEALS, COOLANT, FRONT BRAKE JOB, THROTTLE BODY/FUEL INJECTOR CLEANING
The car has 41K miles ... unless you subscribe to the theory that the belt is old, why do the 90K service?
Old 03-09-15, 03:36 PM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

best of all your transmission isn't due for service yet based on miles. I would consider that before timing belt,
very nice and 2005 are the best. they were at their peak production wise.
Old 03-10-15, 08:45 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JffGRY706
best of all your transmission isn't due for service yet based on miles. I would consider that before timing belt,
very nice and 2005 are the best. they were at their peak production wise.
I agree except that the 2006's are the best LS's. LOL...
Old 03-10-15, 11:35 AM
gebo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with JffGRY706 as far as the best year LS430...
Old 03-10-15, 02:08 PM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Yes!!
This is my 3rd car from FL - and just like you said, the prices, condition, etc - so much better IMO ...

Old 03-10-15, 02:10 PM
SixSeven
Driver School Candidate

Thanks - I was wondering why they had recommended that. I didn't really know if it was based on age, mileage, or both ~

Originally Posted by Tom57
The car has 41K miles ... unless you subscribe to the theory that the belt is old, why do the 90K service?
Old 03-10-15, 05:07 PM
gebo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SixSeven
Thanks - I was wondering why they had recommended that. I didn't really know if it was based on age, mileage, or both ~

Mine was done by previous owner at 50K which was about 7 years of driving. However, they only changed the belt. No water pump.
Old 03-10-15, 08:35 PM
shepherd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very clean car! the whole interior looks brand new

a bit far for you but California has a similar used car market. I just picked mine up for a steal out of Beverly Hills.
Old 03-11-15, 07:45 AM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the 2005 LS430!
Do you also have the latest Navigation DVD update?
<ducks, and runs away, after posting this>

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.
Old 03-11-15, 08:04 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Super clean looking LS. Do you like it more than your LX's?

Quick Reply: My 2005 LS430 arrived today