LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

have a question for knowledgable 04-06 LS430 people about no sunroof/moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-15, 07:37 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have a question for knowledgable 04-06 LS430 people about no sunroof/moonroof

Like the title says I am curious to know if there where ever any 04-06 LS430's ( or what ever they might be called in other regions of the world, like celsior's ) built that did NOT come with a sunroof / moon roof. Just a smooth roof. If so, where and what packages were they? thanks for everyones help.
Old 02-25-15, 08:00 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To my knowledge sunroof was a standart equipment on all ls430s.
Old 02-25-15, 08:28 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Standard equipment on every LS430.
Old 02-25-15, 08:45 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by tHeKiNg911
Standard equipment on every LS430.

is that regardless of what market / country it was sold in? please let me know. thanks
Old 02-25-15, 08:53 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

i looked up the roof panel on Sewell ( super bummed about them closing the website ) and it shows a roof without a sunroof / moonroof and even gives a part number. but i have no way of knowing if that is for a specific market or country and if it was specific to a certain package. heres the link to the diagram.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...S430-2004.html
Old 02-26-15, 10:59 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i have never seen one without a sunroof. Im sure its standard as other members said.

It would be embarrassing for a manufacturer to not have this as a standard option on their flagship sedan.

IMO.
Old 02-26-15, 12:10 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by g1kon1whee
Like the title says I am curious to know if there where ever any 04-06 LS430's ( or what ever they might be called in other regions of the world, like celsior's ) built that did NOT come with a sunroof / moon roof. Just a smooth roof. If so, where and what packages were they? thanks for everyones help.
Why? U don't like sunroofs/moonroofs?
Old 02-26-15, 02:06 PM
bfg23
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To be completely honest I would rather not have the sunroof. The only times its ever open are on nice barmy nights when me and the wife go for a long drive.

Otherwise, being 6ft8, I would much rather the extra 2" of headroom I could gain without the sunroof.
Old 02-26-15, 03:14 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pamperme
Why? U don't like sunroofs/moonroofs?
i just don't ever use mine AND the bigger reason is EVERY single car i have ever owned that did have a sunroof ALWAYS seems to warp / wrinkle on the front corners of the sunroof. it absolutely drives me insane. if i can get a roof without the sunroof i absolutely would re-skin my cars roof. plus the potential for rattles all be it no where near as bad as my 2nd gen GS is, but i know for a fact that they were made with no sunroof, so i will be skinning that one for sure right before i respray it.

Originally Posted by bfg23
To be completely honest I would rather not have the sunroof. The only times its ever open are on nice barmy nights when me and the wife go for a long drive.

Otherwise, being 6ft8, I would much rather the extra 2" of headroom I could gain without the sunroof.

while my short a$$ doesn't have to worry about that, atleast the seats in the LS are moveable in a vertical manner to try to help the taller folks out there like yourself.
Old 02-26-15, 03:18 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe that sun roofs were standard for 2004-2006 spec LS430s. But I think there was an option to delete them?

They weren't standard in the 2001-2003 LS430s, but any factory installed option included it. My car was advertised as a base model, for instance, but the car's invoice indicated it has an audio upgrade and a cold weather package (IIRC) that gave me heated seats.

I've only seen 1 LS430 without a sunroof and it was weird. It didn't even have heated seats. It was a 2002, and for sale in Florida, I think .

I've never seen a 2004-2006 LS430 without a sunroof.

However, I saw your location is AUS. Which means you'd probably want a Japanese spec car (right?). And the Celsiors (A Japanese Spec LS430 is called a Toyota Celsior) can be quite a bit different than the LS430s (e.g Celsiors had air suspension as a stand alone option, I think).

This is a 2004 Celsior without a Sunroof You can clearly see in the 5th picture that this car does not have a sun roof, but it has air suspension and it looks like a rear seat package of some sort? And it doesn't appear to have heated front seats.

What a strange car. I think US customers have some leeway to order what they want, but I think Japanese people can get whatever they want from Toyota. My friend once sent me a picture of a left hand drive Toyota Avalon he saw in Kyoto.

But a UCF30 without a sun roof is really rare.

and have you sat in an LS430? I'm 12 cm shorter than you, and I think the room is ample. The head room isn't spectacular, but its the best of any car I've been in. Although the adjustability of the seat and steering wheel is excellent. It's the most comfortable car I'll probably ever own.

Thanks for the interesting question!
Old 02-26-15, 03:34 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by airchomper
I believe that sun roofs were standard for 2004-2006 spec LS430s. But I think there was an option to delete them?

They weren't standard in the 2001-2003 LS430s, but any factory installed option included it. My car was advertised as a base model, for instance, but the car's invoice indicated it has an audio upgrade and a cold weather package (IIRC) that gave me heated seats.

I've only seen 1 LS430 without a sunroof and it was weird. It didn't even have heated seats. It was a 2002, and for sale in Florida, I think .

I've never seen a 2004-2006 LS430 without a sunroof.

However, I saw your location is AUS. Which means you'd probably want a Japanese spec car (right?). And the Celsiors (A Japanese Spec LS430 is called a Toyota Celsior) can be quite a bit different than the LS430s (e.g Celsiors had air suspension as a stand alone option, I think).

This is a 2004 Celsior without a Sunroof You can clearly see in the 5th picture that this car does not have a sun roof, but it has air suspension and it looks like a rear seat package of some sort? And it doesn't appear to have heated front seats.

What a strange car. I think US customers have some leeway to order what they want, but I think Japanese people can get whatever they want from Toyota. My friend once sent me a picture of a left hand drive Toyota Avalon he saw in Kyoto.

But a UCF30 without a sun roof is really rare.

and have you sat in an LS430? I'm 12 cm shorter than you, and I think the room is ample. The head room isn't spectacular, but its the best of any car I've been in. Although the adjustability of the seat and steering wheel is excellent. It's the most comfortable car I'll probably ever own.

Thanks for the interesting question!

i'm in Arizona, but i'm not sure if all or your response is towards me. thanks for the link to to those pics, and your right, in pic 5 there is no doubt that there is no sunroof. now i need to see if i can get just a roof. that should be easy

that one you posted even looks to be a Ultra Luxury model which is even better news for me since mines a UL as well.

Last edited by g1kon1whee; 02-26-15 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-26-15, 04:28 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I apologize, g1kon1wheel.

I thought that bfg23 was the thread creator.

But there is definitely a solid LS430 roof out there.

But I don't think there'd be a different roof between the original and post-refresh cars. Don't take my word for it though. Just talk to a body shop about it. If you wanted the extra head room, you'd have to pull a ton of crap out of the car, including some wiring probably. And I really don't know if you'd have to get a new headliner, but I'm inclined to say 'yes'. And the welds on these cars are incredible. I don't think an affordable human would weld as good as the lasers at the factory. Consider the quality of worksmanship at your body shop if you replace the roof.

Lastly, the car I posted seems to have some UL features, but I wouldn't call it a UL. In fact, all our terminology goes out the window with Celsiors. I'd say it's a Celsior with no sunroof, no mark levinson, and air suspension - make what you want of that!
Old 02-26-15, 05:00 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by airchomper
I apologize, g1kon1wheel.

I thought that bfg23 was the thread creator.

But there is definitely a solid LS430 roof out there.

But I don't think there'd be a different roof between the original and post-refresh cars. Don't take my word for it though. Just talk to a body shop about it. If you wanted the extra head room, you'd have to pull a ton of crap out of the car, including some wiring probably. And I really don't know if you'd have to get a new headliner, but I'm inclined to say 'yes'. And the welds on these cars are incredible. I don't think an affordable human would weld as good as the lasers at the factory. Consider the quality of worksmanship at your body shop if you replace the roof.

Lastly, the car I posted seems to have some UL features, but I wouldn't call it a UL. In fact, all our terminology goes out the window with Celsiors. I'd say it's a Celsior with no sunroof, no mark levinson, and air suspension - make what you want of that!

no biggie on the thread creator. are you saying that you think the 01-03 has the same roof as the 04-06 cars? according to part numbers on Sewell's site the 01-06 LS's all had the same roof skin. maybe it will be easier to find a US car without the sunroof in the 01-03 cars. for me its not the extra headroom but more for what i posted in post #9. i'm not worried about getting it done more so than i am about just trying to locate a complete roof panel including the headliner at a somewhat affordable price, especially now that i know it for sure exists. i also noticed it didn't have rear door shades or leather wrapped interior panels like the US UL does. its kind of neat to see the differences in options for other markets outside the US.
Old 02-26-15, 05:20 PM
BCrews
Rookie

Not to derail the thread- but anyone notice there's a TV button? (same as our AM/Sat button) also it has what looks like DVD and DTS logos on the factory stereo! This was in 2004? Man, those Celsior's are SWEET!
Old 02-26-15, 08:54 PM
g1kon1whee
Rookie

Originally Posted by BCrews
Not to derail the thread- but anyone notice there's a TV button? (same as our AM/Sat button) also it has what looks like DVD and DTS logos on the factory stereo! This was in 2004? Man, those Celsior's are SWEET!

good eye man. i didn't even notice that. then i was on ebay and say this. curious how the TV button worked?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-CELSIOR-2006-CD-Changer-0061250-/311287091387?hash=item487a2810bb&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: have a question for knowledgable 04-06 LS430 people about no sunroof/moonroof