LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

part number 06 430 drivers seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 04:49 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 114 Posts

look at post #3 and when you are ready to check out you put CL5 in the discount area and it will be applied.
Old 03-02-15, 04:51 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Originally Posted by jpv7774
Jimbo.......mine arrives any day now as well......show me the way!!!
as soon as it can get the seat out i will let you know what to expect.
Old 03-02-15, 06:07 AM
LEX ES300
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi,
I replaced my drivers side seat padding/cushion on my 04 ls430. Previous owner was a little heavy so i felt the seat was a bit flat. Leather did appear to be a bit loose compared to the passenger seat. Ordered the replacement foam cushion from japan and when it finally arrived I took it to a car upholstery place and paid them to fit it.
The seat felt a little better after but unfortunately not a dramatic difference that I was hoping for from brand new OEM foam! I guess they were never super comfy to start with?. Visually the seat did look slightly better too but still not as good as the passenger seat. I guess the leather cover is much more stretched as it gets used more etc. The leather cover is very expensive and wasn't worth buying a new one. Also in case anyone was wondering I did not notice any change in air flow from the heated and cooled seats - same as the old cushion, it works but its the same.

Personally I was a little disappointed overall but everyone's seats might be flattened a little or a lot. For me the new cushion is marginally better and at least I know I have done all I could do.

Last edited by LEX ES300; 03-15-15 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-02-15, 10:01 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lukas99GS
Hey, I'm curious how you can get the discount on this site, i was looking but couldn't find anything about it?
Just use the discount code CL5 in the shopping cart. Its on the 2nd page of the shopping cart after you key in your name and info. Same page where you pick shipping. Thanks!
Old 03-02-15, 11:54 AM
BCrews
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEX ES300
Hi,
I replaced my drivers side seat padding/cushion on my 04 ls430. Previous owner was a little heavy so i felt the seat was a bit flat. Leather did appeared to be a bit loose compared to the passenger seat. Ordered the replacement foam cushion from japan and when it finally arrived I took it to a car upholstery place and paid them to fit it.
The seat felt a little better after but unfortunately not a dramatic difference that I was hoping for from brand new OEM foam! I guess they were never super comfy to start with?. Visually the seat did look slightly better too but still not as good as the passenger seat. I guess the leather cover is much more stretched as it gets used more etc. The leather cover is very expensive and wasn't worth buying a new one. Also in case anyone was wondering I did not notice any change in air flow from the heated and cooled seats - same as the old cushion, it works but its the same.

Personally I was a little disappointed overall but everyone's seats might be flattened a little or a lot. For me the new cushion is marginally better and at least I know I have done all I could do.
Hmmm I was curious about this- I've done a few motorcycle seats, and rarely have seen factory foam go bad- some memory foams however do slump after awhile. Does anyone know if there's a way to safely put perhaps a gel layer on top of the OEM foam and then a 1/4"top foam above the gel? This way the gel shouldn't be adversely affected by heated seat functions, but also you're building up the slack in the loose leather and providing support for your sitting bones.
Old 03-02-15, 12:04 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

There have been members who have had upholstery shops build additional padding into the seat. This will stop the airflow and prevent the heating or cooling from operating as intended.
Old 03-02-15, 03:08 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
There have been members who have had upholstery shops build additional padding into the seat. This will stop the airflow and prevent the heating or cooling from operating as intended.
I had mine reupholstered and the heat and cool functions are about the same.
Old 03-06-15, 10:03 AM
honasbone
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
as soon as it can get the seat out i will let you know what to expect.
jimbosr1,

Once you've had a chance to dive into this job (and report back to us ), can you please comment on the condition of the outgoing foam and how it compares to the condition to the new foam? Visual and tactile differences? I ask because my foam is still in "good" shape (even though it's not very comfortable). If your foam is in less than good shape and you notice a nice change in comfort after the swap, I'll want to know that. If, by comparison, your old foam is still in "good" condition like mine is, and you notice a nice change in comfort after the swap, I'll want to know that too.

I'm pretty anxious for your feedback if you couldn't tell.
Old 03-07-15, 07:06 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

received my seat cushion and decided to have a mobile interior guy that does the local lexus and other dealers change it at my house.will report back later this week.the seat is just to heavy.
Old 03-07-15, 12:11 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I just received mine too.....I have put mine to the side until I hear back from you. What was the cost estimate to have local upholstery guy come out? As much as I like doing my own work if the cost was only a hundred bucks to have a pro do it....I would pay the pro.
Old 03-07-15, 01:43 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

he said $95 so i said, come on down!
Old 03-08-15, 07:41 AM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh ya....for $95 bucks.......done deal. The only thing for me is that I would tape a towel over the center console and ask the installer to please not scratch anything!!!! I just replaced my scratched console pieces and it would kill me to see some installer set his drill and wrench on my shiny console. I know I probably sound like a freak.....but its hard to find good help these days.......Cant hurt to be a little over cautious. Hope it goes well for you......let us know how it goes.
Old 03-14-15, 05:42 PM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Looking for an update on this topic... I'm in the same boat as others in this thread. My seat bottom seems compressed with leather looser fitting than the passenger seat which also feels much more comfortable. The seat bottom has flattened out & side bolsters dig in more than needed. When compared to my 99' the bottom in the 05' takes an L.
Old 03-14-15, 07:32 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

The reviews I have read before are positive in replacing the bottom cushion. I have been considering this for a while but mine is not bad. The installer can also fix the center leather to be as tight as the rest of the seat. Personally, retracting the cushion about 1/2 way seems to make it more comfortable for me. Fully extended arches the back in a position that can lead to being uncomfortable. Lumbar and back arch are important.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 03-14-15 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-15-15, 06:44 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

after 2 no shows from the installer i have decided to change it myself.i will do it this week.

Quick Reply: part number 06 430 drivers seat cushion?