LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

part number 06 430 drivers seat cushion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-15, 05:43 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 114 Posts
Default part number 06 430 drivers seat cushion?

i am going to change the seat cushion on my 430 and need the part number for the drivers seat cushion.would like to order from sewell before they stop online sales.i am having trouble finding it on there website.
thanks in advance,jim
Old 02-24-15, 06:00 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

# 7151250150

But i'd check with your local Lexus dealer too. Mine offers it for $267.73 Sewell wants $293.35. However, I don't recall what the LOC discount is. Maybe it's worth it. But only if there's free shipping.
Old 02-24-15, 06:26 AM
MyLparts
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
i am going to change the seat cushion on my 430 and need the part number for the drivers seat cushion.would like to order from sewell before they stop online sales.i am having trouble finding it on there website.
thanks in advance,jim
Shoot me your vin # and I will get your part # for you.
Thanks
Old 02-24-15, 06:57 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

$208 at LSA.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...erm=7151250150
Old 02-24-15, 07:04 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Wow. I just checked on their price for the seat heating coil, and I'd save $50 off my dealer price (which is already about $30 under Sewell Lexus)

Thanks for that heads-up, Lavrishevo!
Old 02-24-15, 07:07 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Their good people over there and literally about 1 mile away form my office.
Old 02-24-15, 07:47 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Originally Posted by MyLparts
Shoot me your vin # and I will get your part # for you.
Thanks
thanks,i just ordered the seat cushion with you guys and i must say,your prices are unbeatable and you get a club lexus discount too.i will be doing all my parts with you.thanks jim
i paid $192.01 delivered with myLparts so you guys best get yours ordered.

Last edited by jimbosr1; 02-24-15 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-24-15, 10:21 AM
honasbone
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks in advance,jim
Once you get it installed, please reply back to this thread with your thoughts on comfort. I have another thread going right now where I mention the condition of the foam in my seat still looking brand new even after 14 years and 70k miles (I pulled out the seat and removed the leather cover to verify). The seat isn't very comfortable despite the foam being in great shape. Wonder if new padding is somehow less rigid than old padding. My guess is that the padding was just as lack luster brand new as it is now. But I'd love to hear your thoughts after you put the new pad in. Hopefully I'm wrong!
Old 02-24-15, 10:26 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Originally Posted by honasbone
Once you get it installed, please reply back to this thread with your thoughts on comfort. I have another thread going right now where I mention the condition of the foam in my seat still looking brand new even after 14 years and 70k miles (I pulled out the seat and removed the leather cover to verify). The seat isn't very comfortable despite the foam being in great shape. Wonder if new padding is somehow less rigid than old padding. My guess is that the padding was just as lack luster brand new as it is now. But I'd love to hear your thoughts after you put the new pad in. Hopefully I'm wrong!
will do.i will install it myself when it comes in.any tips on removing the seat bottom?
i have swapped several skins but never one with so many motors.
Old 02-24-15, 12:49 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by honasbone
+1
this is what I think too. When I bought my LS I never had sciatic problems ever. I thought someone obese sat my driver's seat out. Now after reading so many similar accounts I think they were never comfortable to begin with.
Old 02-24-15, 01:04 PM
honasbone
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will do.i will install it myself when it comes in.any tips on removing the seat bottom?
Wear some kind of protective gloves if possible. I cut myself twice while being careful. Lots of random sharp edges underneath the seat.

The seat itself is very heavy. It's an awkward 2 person job to get it out of the car. By yourself is best avoided. Give yourself lots of room on the drivers side to pull it out too. Park at an extreme angle in your garage (far away from wall). Or do it outside, weather/space permitting.

You might want to fully extend the base cushion just to give yourself more area to work with once the leather cover is actually off. I didn't do that, but wished I had.

As far as removing the cover, it's pretty straight forward. But you'll need some good cutters to snip the hog rings.

That all said, I didn't actually pull the seat bottom off. I didn't need to as I was just trying the steam clean/rejuvenate method (which sadly failed to help). So I can't say what else to look out for after removing the leather cover.
Old 02-26-15, 11:30 AM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

good luck!! Excited to hear if the new seat pad improves the comfort level (or not).
Old 02-26-15, 01:03 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

delivery is set for the 4th of march.
Old 02-28-15, 04:16 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Jimbo.......mine arrives any day now as well......show me the way!!!
Old 03-02-15, 12:52 AM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

thanks,i just ordered the seat cushion with you guys and i must say,your prices are unbeatable and you get a club lexus discount too.i will be doing all my parts with you.thanks jim
i paid $192.01 delivered with myLparts so you guys best get yours ordered.
Hey, I'm curious how you can get the discount on this site, i was looking but couldn't find anything about it?

Quick Reply: part number 06 430 drivers seat cushion?