LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Need Help-Mirror Switch No Longer Backlite

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-14, 12:22 PM
schack
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help-Mirror Switch No Longer Backlite

Just noticed that the backllte for the power mirror switch (see attachment) is no longer working. Not absolutely positive that its supposed to be backlit but seeing everything else is, I assume it should be. Is this just a simple bulb replacement, how is it done?
Attached Thumbnails Need Help-Mirror Switch No Longer Backlite-mirrorswitch.jpg  
Old 11-12-14, 01:22 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Yes, there is a small bulb that lights the mirror switch from the back side. It's usually a bulb with a small plastic green-colored bulb cover. CAREFULLY pry (with tape on a flat screwdriver or nylon pry tool) the sides/edges (NOT of the switch itself) of the mirror switch face plate surrounding the switch. There are metal retaining clips holding the mirror switch face plate to the dash. The bulb is mounted on the back of the switch to a brown-colored, screw-in base. Unscrew old, and install new bulb and bulb cover.
Old 11-12-14, 04:35 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ill have to take a look when I get home but I'm thinking you might have to remove the lower portion of the dash to get to the bulb to replace it.
Old 11-13-14, 06:40 AM
schack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tom57
Yes, there is a small bulb that lights the mirror switch from the back side. It's usually a bulb with a small plastic green-colored bulb cover. CAREFULLY pry (with tape on a flat screwdriver or nylon pry tool) the sides/edges (NOT of the switch itself) of the mirror switch face plate surrounding the switch. There are metal retaining clips holding the mirror switch face plate to the dash. The bulb is mounted on the back of the switch to a brown-colored, screw-in base. Unscrew old, and install new bulb and bulb cover.

Thanks! I'll try that.
Old 11-13-14, 10:19 AM
schack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tom57
Everything was just as you described. Now all I need is a new bulb. Thanks again.
Old 11-19-14, 07:40 AM
schack
Driver School Candidate

Replaced the bulb and the arrows are now backlite but the letters "L" and "R" and the word "MIRROR" are not. Is this normal?