LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Vaistech and auto-pressing the nav I agree button...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 05:51 AM
greg s
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vaistech and auto-pressing the nav I agree button...

Does anyone else have an issue with a Vais unit not automatically pressing the I agree button at startup? I have been in talks with their tech support and they keep telling me the same thing over and over... go into simple mode, press and hold RPT or simple mode/press disc rpt. Neither works for me. When I press and hold rpt, the button lights for a split second with a quick beep and that's it, nothing else happens. Same when I press disc rpt.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-09-14, 10:58 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I installed the Vaistech SL2Vi unit in my 04 UL.

Following the instruction, I used the following procedure to Deactivate "I Agree" button.

I opened the MD Changer screen, hit "SCANN" 8 times quickly, and then "DISC REPEAT". This caused the title screen to display info on this function and the "I Agree" function was deactivated after allowing a person some time to read it. But I then couldn't get out of the info display screen and get back to playing the iPod. I called Vaistech support and was told that in order to get out of the screen that I should hit the SCAN button quickly 8 times. This worked for me. But they never put that in their instructions. They just assumed that since the function was accessed by hitting the SCAN button 8 times that you would know that was the same way to get out of it.

This deactivated the "I Agree" button and has worked every time since.
Old 10-09-14, 11:01 AM
greg s
Driver

Maybe the trick is that I need to access it while on the MD screen with title off. I've tried different procedures on and off for the past two months and nothing has worked.
Old 10-22-14, 12:50 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

Sometimes the unit partially loses configuration, such as not being able to switch to the DVD screen or not pushing the I Agree button. I think it's caused by loose wiring at the harnesses and/or cold temperatures.

The fix is to re-do the entire DIP switch programming procedure, then follow the Vaistech manual to enable that auto button push. Best to route your Vaistech unit somewhere easily accessible like the glovebox - you may have to do this reprogramming every few months.
Old 10-22-14, 01:00 PM
greg s
Driver

I've actually contacted Vaistech and I will be sending my unit back to have them take a look. I also get distortion when I'm connected to more than one bluetooth device at a time which is also odd.
Old 10-22-14, 01:57 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by greg s
Maybe the trick is that I need to access it while on the MD screen with title off. I've tried different procedures on and off for the past two months and nothing has worked.
The procedure described by jayclapp is the same I followed for the MML Vaistech model in both my '01 and '06. (Push "Scan" button 8 X fast and you'll hear a beep; then push the "Disc Repeat" button and you'll hear a long beep. If the "I Agree" was not activated before doing this sequence, then it should be activated after doing this.) Seeing your question, I tried the sequence on my '06 and it worked (since the "I Agree" was activated, it turned it "off", so I had to do the same sequence again and it returned back to active - automatically bypassing the need to touch the "I Agree" after a few seconds upon start-up.

It is a little tricky and the VaisTech directions aren't as clear as they could be. The directions speak of "Toggle" the "I Agree automatic bypass function On and Off." The "toggle" is simply doing those 2 steps described, then the unit switches either to "ON" if it was "OFF", and "OFF" if it was already "ON". Good luck. VaisTech should make it right for you.
Old 10-22-14, 02:01 PM
greg s
Driver

I've done that exact procedure on numerous occasions and have never gotten a long beep. It seems as though I just got a bum unit.
Old 10-23-14, 06:54 AM
Tom57
Pole Position

I've done that exact procedure on numerous occasions and have never gotten a long beep. It seems as though I just got a bum unit.
I seem to recall you originally purchased a different audio interface adapter and had to return that one too. You haven't had much luck with this.
Old 10-23-14, 07:02 AM
greg s
Driver

Correct. I tried the grom first but it was quite buggy and had inferior sound quality. The sound quality of the Vaistech is great as long as its the only bluetooth device connected.
Old 10-26-14, 08:22 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Many thanks to jayclapp for the instructions. I just applied it to my Vaistech, and it worked like a charm! The "auto-press" takes about 15 seconds, and will work even if the Audio is off. Here are some photos to illustrate the steps...

Last edited by rkw77080; 10-26-14 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-21-14, 06:30 AM
greg s
Driver

This is becoming maddening. I sent my unit in and Vais said there were no issues but they sent me a new unit anyway. The new one solved my audio issues but I still cannot get the damn thing to auto press. I'm not new to car audio/electronics so this should be so simple. I've tried everything.
Old 11-21-14, 08:10 AM
greg s
Driver

Simple mode is no sweat. i press dsc rpt and back out of it. no changes, try again no changes. Try with only rpt. No changes.
Old 11-21-14, 08:22 AM
Tom57
Pole Position

Simple mode is no sweat. i press dsc rpt and back out of it. no changes, try again no changes. Try with only rpt. No changes.
Do it only once, not twice. In other words, don't "back out of it." What I found is that if you do it twice, you are reversing it back to original state. Set it once, and it's in the override mode.
Old 11-21-14, 08:29 AM
greg s
Driver

By back out I mean exit simple mode.
Old 11-21-14, 09:32 AM
Tom57
Pole Position

By back out I mean exit simple mode.
I understand ... when I programmed both of my VaisTech MMLs, I recall similar snafu. I did not "back out" of (exit) simple mode. I just pushed "Scan" button 8 X fast and you'll hear a beep; then push the "Disc Repeat" button and you'll hear a long beep.. that's it. Done. Shut off car. Then try it.

Quick Reply: Vaistech and auto-pressing the nav I agree button...