LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

iPhone 6 problems

Old 09-22-14, 05:15 PM
peteyx
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default iPhone 6 problems

I just got my new iPhone 6 and paired it via Bluetooth to my LS. According to the screen on the car, all went well. Until a call came in. The screen showed the incoming call info but there was no button to answer the call. I hurriedly pulled the phone from my pocket and swiped to answer. The call came through the speakers but after the call was over, a setup screen came on. It asked me if I wanted it to commit to memory the settings. Not sure what settings since I already set the iPhone up. Anyone have a workaround for this issue?
Old 09-22-14, 08:44 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there not a button/switch on the left side of the steering column to answer the call?
I forget because I don't answer the phone while driving.
Old 09-29-14, 03:37 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I just ordered an iPhone 6 last week. Hope it's compatible with our 10yr old bluetooth in the LS.
Old 09-30-14, 11:57 AM
peteyx
Rookie

Yes, there is a button but I never use it. I usually hit answer on the LCD screen. Trying to figure which button while driving just plain took too long.
Old 09-30-14, 12:22 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Surprising it worked at all. Ive been reading a lot of issues with the iphone6 and bluetooth compatibility.
Old 10-02-14, 01:15 PM
peteyx
Rookie

I just read an article that the next iOS update should correct the Bluetooth problems. Can't wait.
Old 11-22-14, 12:25 AM
shanjam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peteyx
I just got my new iPhone 6 and paired it via Bluetooth to my LS. According to the screen on the car, all went well. Until a call came in. The screen showed the incoming call info but there was no button to answer the call. I hurriedly pulled the phone from my pocket and swiped to answer. The call came through the speakers but after the call was over, a setup screen came on. It asked me if I wanted it to commit to memory the settings. Not sure what settings since I already set the iPhone up. Anyone have a workaround for this issue?
it will commit to car memory so if you don't have your phone with you you can still call from car
Old 12-23-14, 11:40 AM
aypues
Instructor

my iPhone 6 is having a problem when making a phone call the car doesn't go to the phone screen or activate the speaker until the call is answered and there is a few seconds delay so you can't hear the other party's greeting. I called Lexus and they said to have the dealer do a firmware update to the car's Bluetooth but I asked when the firmware was released and they couldn't tell me. If it even exists I bet it's from 2006.
Old 12-23-14, 04:29 PM
BMWboy
Rookie

Originally Posted by aypues
my iPhone 6 is having a problem when making a phone call the car doesn't go to the phone screen or activate the speaker until the call is answered and there is a few seconds delay so you can't hear the other party's greeting. I called Lexus and they said to have the dealer do a firmware update to the car's Bluetooth but I asked when the firmware was released and they couldn't tell me. If it even exists I bet it's from 2006.
I've been dealing with the same issue for 2 months now. Let me know how you get it resolved. Thanks!
Old 02-05-15, 06:29 PM
aypues
Instructor

Originally Posted by BMWboy
I've been dealing with the same issue for 2 months now. Let me know how you get it resolved. Thanks!
so I had the dealer check on the firmware. it has the latest version. I've been doing research on iPhone 6's and from what I've found it seems to be a problem with iOS8....lots of people are having various Bluetooth problems on older cars. I hope it gets fixed with 8.2 release coming up next month.
Old 02-05-15, 08:55 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no problem with an iPhone 5S under iOS 8.1 .
Old 02-06-15, 09:07 AM
peteyx
Rookie

iOS 8.1 did cure the problems.
Old 02-06-15, 09:23 AM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

iOS 8.1.3 is the current operating system, and I too thought it was a "bug fix" for the bluetooth issues.
Old 02-06-15, 12:33 PM
aypues
Instructor

Originally Posted by peteyx
iOS 8.1 did cure the problems.
didn't fix it for me! it rings silently and then once the phone call is answered by the other party THEN the Bluetooth recognizes a call and the screen pops up after you've missed the first 5 seconds.
Old 02-13-15, 05:53 PM
aypues
Instructor

ok so after being transferred to a supervisor at Apple we resolved the problem with the non-ringing that I described earlier. We had to wipe the phone and set up as new and redownload the OS from iTunes to restore as that as new. Restoring from backup was just bringing back whatever error I had onto the phone again. I lost all my text and imessages but I have them all on my iPad so that's kind of like my backup. The pics and apps were all backed up and are fine. Good news is that it is working with the car's Bluetooth fine now!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: iPhone 6 problems