LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Buying an LS430 from Lexus of Tampa - any other experiences?

Old 08-14-14, 09:56 AM
jasonson
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an LS430 from Lexus of Tampa - any other experiences?

Hey guys/gals,

Forgive me in advance if this is in the wrong area, and let me know if I should post somewhere else to maybe get more feedback (and I've search with no luck, so you can yell at me, but I did try).

After seeing Lexon20s recent pick up last week, I've engaged the sales department and have had a very responsive rep send me a few absolutely beautiful LS430s. I'm gaining confidence and think this might be the way I find the car I want (I've been looking for 13 months non-stop and haven't had anything pop up like Lexon20s "new" UL and the few cars the rep at Lex of Tampa has sent me).

I know how to do the VIN lookup on the Lex website and the dealer is sending a carfax with each. These are all one-owner vehicles as well. I'm aware of what services will be needed as well (Trans drain/fill, TB/WP, budget for UL air suspension delete at some point, etc).

Does anyone else have any feedback on this dealer? Their yelp, ebay, etc reviews look very good and I've read most of them and they sound legit. Obviously nervous about possibly pulling the trigger on a car unseen, but holy cow, I'm tired of hunting.

Also, any other things I should look for if I ship the car or does anyone have a shipper they can refer?

I feel like a one-owner, meticulously maintained vehicle with all 5K service records and recommended service is almost a no-brainer, especially in a warmer climate.

Thanks again for your help and taking the time to make this site one of my all-time favorites.

Sincerely,

Tired and frustrated in Maryland
Old 08-14-14, 10:21 AM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I have not dealt with lexus of tampa personally, however, I have only bought my used lexus's (plural) from a lexus dealer. It brings me peace of mind because I know that they will stand behind the purchase. If I have ever had a problem with the car, although there are not many with LS430's, I make notes after purchase and the dealer has always taken care of everything on the first complementary service.

I live in south florida and even today, LS430's are like chevys and hondas in my town. If I don't see at least one at a stop light I am very surprised. The elderly have them usually as a second car for their winter home so florida is usually full of lower mileage well kept examples. They usually trade them in on a newer one just because and sometimes the dealers may recondition them slightly to make them even nicer. The snowbirds do tend to back into things so you may find repainted bumpers on some of the cars but don't be alarmed about that. A certified lexus can still have repainted bumpers.

Lexus of tampa bay has their reputation to protect and in this day and age, the internet is a very powerful tool. The last thing they want to do is misrepresent a car to an out of town buyer and have you posting about it all over the internet. IMHO if the car is described to your liking and records and car fax check out, have an independent inspection performed for added peace of mind if you would like, if not go for it, I don't think you will be very disappointed when the car arrives coming from a lexus dealer.

Also, for shipping, ask the dealer who they recommend. If they use them all the time they may get you a cheaper price. Try working shipping into the deal as well. Its summer so there isn't really in climate weather to worry about like salt and snow ruining the car. Open transport may be cheaper and safe this time of year. I have also used Uship.com for shipping.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your search!
Old 08-14-14, 10:41 AM
jasonson
Rookie

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I have not dealt with lexus of tampa personally, however, I have only bought my used lexus's (plural) from a lexus dealer. It brings me peace of mind because I know that they will stand behind the purchase. If I have ever had a problem with the car, although there are not many with LS430's, I make notes after purchase and the dealer has always taken care of everything on the first complementary service.

I live in south florida and even today, LS430's are like chevys and hondas in my town. If I don't see at least one at a stop light I am very surprised. The elderly have them usually as a second car for their winter home so florida is usually full of lower mileage well kept examples. They usually trade them in on a newer one just because and sometimes the dealers may recondition them slightly to make them even nicer. The snowbirds do tend to back into things so you may find repainted bumpers on some of the cars but don't be alarmed about that. A certified lexus can still have repainted bumpers.

Lexus of tampa bay has their reputation to protect and in this day and age, the internet is a very powerful tool. The last thing they want to do is misrepresent a car to an out of town buyer and have you posting about it all over the internet. IMHO if the car is described to your liking and records and car fax check out, have an independent inspection performed for added peace of mind if you would like, if not go for it, I don't think you will be very disappointed when the car arrives coming from a lexus dealer.

Also, for shipping, ask the dealer who they recommend. If they use them all the time they may get you a cheaper price. Try working shipping into the deal as well. Its summer so there isn't really in climate weather to worry about like salt and snow ruining the car. Open transport may be cheaper and safe this time of year. I have also used Uship.com for shipping.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your search!

Huge help, thank you FL - good to know about the abundance of 430s in Florida too!
Old 08-14-14, 10:59 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I'd probably trust a Lexus dealer than I would other places. I bought mine off ebay from a broker, and saw tons of LS430's in amazing condition down in Florida. I had found one with 50k miles but it wasn't UL and was priced too high. But there are alot of nice options that are maintained well by older people who take it to the dealer for everything.
Old 08-14-14, 12:23 PM
beneteau
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, check out Lexus of Palm Beach. Bought a 2012 Toyota Camry SE from them after searching for 3-4 months. Had 5,000 miles, clean Carfax and was traded in on a Lexus in 2012. Never saw the car with exception of pictures on their website. Internet salesman walked around the car and described any blemish he could find. He couldn't find any. Worked out a great deal on the phone. Saved $8,000+ over ay comparable model I had found. It has every option offered by Toyota for the Camry SE. Had the car shipped to me, sight unseen, to northern Mississippi for $750.00. Very pleased.

Prices in Florida are several thousand dollars less, for comparable models, than they are in the Memphis area.

I'll never buy another vehicle in this area. Lots of money in Florida, especially on the east coast which results in an abundance of luxury vehicles at great prices.
Old 08-14-14, 12:24 PM
FlaPhil
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you find one out of Tampa, let me know and if I'm in the area I'll stop by the dealer to take a quick look and give you an opinion - WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY!!!
Old 08-14-14, 02:42 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

It's true that there a ton of LS430s here in SE Florida. JM lexus and Lexus of Palm Beach will even sell LS430s with over 100,000 miles which they had not done in the past. However, they do get top dollar for them and if you don't step up to the plate to purchase one, they are usually gone in a day or so for the clean cars regardless of model year. I purchased my car 4 years ago from an independent used car dealer in the Tampa area. It turned out that the car was serviced by Lexus of Tampa all but the last few years and all records were available. The car turned out to be trouble free for my 4 1/2 years of ownership.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 08-14-14 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-14-14, 05:49 PM
lexon20's
Driver

Hey lexus of orlando has a 2005 ul looks really clean
Old 08-14-14, 07:18 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Lexus of palm beach also has 2 very clean ones with low mileage.
Old 08-15-14, 07:52 AM
jasonson
Rookie

Originally Posted by beneteau
Also, check out Lexus of Palm Beach. Bought a 2012 Toyota Camry SE from them after searching for 3-4 months. Had 5,000 miles, clean Carfax and was traded in on a Lexus in 2012. Never saw the car with exception of pictures on their website. Internet salesman walked around the car and described any blemish he could find. He couldn't find any. Worked out a great deal on the phone. Saved $8,000+ over ay comparable model I had found. It has every option offered by Toyota for the Camry SE. Had the car shipped to me, sight unseen, to northern Mississippi for $750.00. Very pleased.

Prices in Florida are several thousand dollars less, for comparable models, than they are in the Memphis area.

I'll never buy another vehicle in this area. Lots of money in Florida, especially on the east coast which results in an abundance of luxury vehicles at great prices.
Thank you for the feedback!
Old 08-15-14, 07:55 AM
jasonson
Rookie

Originally Posted by FlaPhil
If you find one out of Tampa, let me know and if I'm in the area I'll stop by the dealer to take a quick look and give you an opinion - WITHOUT ANY LIABILITY!!!
Now that is amazing. Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on that FlaPhil. I'll definitely throw you a referral fee if I go with a car you check out for me. This is so awesome. Thanks again everyone. I think this has pushed me over the ledge and opened up Florida as the place to buy. Screw this mid-Atlantic BS with clowns asking 20% over KBB for beat up cars.

THANKS ALL!!!!!!
Old 08-15-14, 05:03 PM
FlaPhil
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jasonson
Now that is amazing. Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on that FlaPhil. I'll definitely throw you a referral fee if I go with a car you check out for me. This is so awesome. Thanks again everyone. I think this has pushed me over the ledge and opened up Florida as the place to buy. Screw this mid-Atlantic BS with clowns asking 20% over KBB for beat up cars.

THANKS ALL!!!!!!
No worries, I'll keep an eye out for you locally. You just missed a gorgeous UL at Lexus of Sarasota. but I'm very friendly with them and will have them give me a heads-up on any they might have coming in. This is a wealthy area so you get very nice cars, fully maintained turning up frequently,
Old 08-16-14, 07:46 PM
FlaPhil
Pit Crew

Here's a nice 2004 one owner car with only 55,700 miles in Venice, FL
Old 08-17-14, 06:27 AM
honeygee2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't want to fan the flame but I bought my CPO 03 430 at tampa almost 6 years ago and it was a terrible experience. Tires on the car were 8 years old (brand new) trunk mat was stained, sub woofer speaker was blown, steering was way off center, 4 small dents in the car etc etc etc. because I live 130 miles Way it was difficult to return to them for everything. My local dealer took care of everything. Called lexus corporate to voice my opinion and they sent me a 250 dollar service credit letter. I was not very happy with them .maybe just a isolated case but who knows.
Old 08-17-14, 04:52 PM
jasonson
Rookie

Originally Posted by FlaPhil
No worries, I'll keep an eye out for you locally. You just missed a gorgeous UL at Lexus of Sarasota. but I'm very friendly with them and will have them give me a heads-up on any they might have coming in. This is a wealthy area so you get very nice cars, fully maintained turning up frequently,
Again, very cool of you and thanks. I think I'm going to go with a UL after seeing so many examples in FL.

I don't want to fan the flame but I bought my CPO 03 430 at tampa almost 6 years ago and it was a terrible experience. Tires on the car were 8 years old (brand new) trunk mat was stained, sub woofer speaker was blown, steering was way off center, 4 small dents in the car etc etc etc. because I live 130 miles Way it was difficult to return to them for everything. My local dealer took care of everything. Called lexus corporate to voice my opinion and they sent me a 250 dollar service credit letter. I was not very happy with them .maybe just a isolated case but who knows.

Thank you for the feedback Honeygee. I'm willing to get a car with rotted speaker surrounds and wont raise a stink about it......but toasted AC compressors and power steering pumps are going to really hurt if I discover them after the car comes north.

'ppreciate it all

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying an LS430 from Lexus of Tampa - any other experiences?