LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Just had my timing belt changed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 07:01 PM
jackjumper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had my timing belt changed.

Big shout out to Lexus of Shreveport-Bossier City. I had spent almost six hundred dollars on parts and tools to do the job myself and I decided to call them for a quote expecting it to be in the $1000+ range. They had a special going on that included the timing belt, drive belt, multi-point inspection and engine coolant flush. Originally I was quoted right at a thousand for everything including the pump, tensioner and pulleys. I left my kit and thermostat with them just in case they didn't have the right parts. Turns out they ordered the wrong idlers so they used the OE Koyo ones that came in my kit along with the timing belt and drive belt, thermostat and OE NTN tensioner. I was credited for the two belts. They used their own water pump which is ok since they will warrant it if something goes wrong. Total was $860 including tax. I could not be happier. If anyone lives close to this dealer I would definitely give them your business. They even left the old parts for me to inspect! Will post pictures. Also I have the OE Aisin pump, gasket, and o-rings left over from my kit if anyone would like to buy it please PM me, I will give you a really good deal.

Last edited by jackjumper; 08-06-14 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Title change.
Old 08-08-14, 10:26 AM
AndreasMet
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jackjumper
Big shout out to Lexus of Shreveport-Bossier City. I had spent almost six hundred dollars on parts and tools to do the job myself and I decided to call them for a quote expecting it to be in the $1000+ range. They had a special going on that included the timing belt, drive belt, multi-point inspection and engine coolant flush. Originally I was quoted right at a thousand for everything including the pump, tensioner and pulleys. I left my kit and thermostat with them just in case they didn't have the right parts. Turns out they ordered the wrong idlers so they used the OE Koyo ones that came in my kit along with the timing belt and drive belt, thermostat and OE NTN tensioner. I was credited for the two belts. They used their own water pump which is ok since they will warrant it if something goes wrong. Total was $860 including tax. I could not be happier. If anyone lives close to this dealer I would definitely give them your business. They even left the old parts for me to inspect! Will post pictures. Also I have the OE Aisin pump, gasket, and o-rings left over from my kit if anyone would like to buy it please PM me, I will give you a really good deal.
Congratulations on the great deal you got.

I think your experience is one in a hundred. I usually call the dealer to get a quote and then feel even better about doing the work myself. Every dealer I ever worked with on any car was a rape me please pricing.