Hood latch mechanism support part

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-14, 01:36 AM
DonMolina
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hood latch mechanism support part

Hey guys,

I'm looking all over Sewel for a part number and I'm getting nothing. Either I'm blind or an idiot, or both, since I rear-ended a GLK yesterday. It was pouring rain, traffic comes to a stop on the highway, I slow down and at some point ABS kicks in and I just slided in the guy in front. I think there was a lot of water and once the ABS was triggered I was toast.

Anyway this is the result:

Good thing is I dind't hit the guy too hard after all. Bumper cover needs some work but it's serviceable, the reinforcement and the absorber behind it are a little bent (so they need to be changed), and the support of the hood latch is a lot bent. The bent reinforcement broke off the tabs on the left-hand side headlight (which is a huge pain), but at least everything else is completely fine. Even the parking sensors are working and there was nothing on the ac condenser or the radiator.
So it could be a LOT worse I guess.

Hood is also fine with a very slight dent on the lip, but it's raised in the picture due to the bent support of the hood latch. Anyway, I went here looking for the steel part on which the latch mechanism is located but I can't seem to find it there, nor anywhere else. Also bent and needing replacement is the tab that connects the latch mechanism and

I'm talking about the horizontal bar on which the air inlet, and the horns are positioned, and the vertical tab that is connecting the bar to the bottom in front of the AC condenser.

Anyone has any clue about the part number so I could order it? I think it's 53510 in the diagramme but the picture is not very helpful. Anyone else has a better source for parts research?

Unfortunately the car is quite rare in Europe and even more so in Switzerland, so I can't go to a junkyard and pick anything I need... I could get anything I wanted for my old 7 series, but to be fair the 7 series would have about a million parts broken in the same situation, just because of different layout.
Old 07-31-14, 06:45 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Post some pictures of the parts you are trying to order. Lexus of South Atlanta is also a good source but the diagrams are the same. What year is your car?

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 07-31-14 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-04-14, 04:30 AM
DonMolina
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry but past few days have been crazy...

The parts I'm looking for is the horizontal bar on which the horns are sitting, and the vertical tab going down. Any ideas?