Register Forgot Password?

Rear Driver Side Parking Sensor Keeps Going Off

Old 07-25-14, 08:41 AM   #1
jdotlim
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Default Rear Driver Side Parking Sensor Keeps Going Off

Hello,

I know every time you press the master switch for the parking sensors that the system goes on a full system check. All the sensors work, and I do not get any messages to clean or having a faulty sensor. But when I put the car into reverse. The driver side rear sensor keeps going off, even when there is nothing near by the sensor. I tried resetting the sensors, but switching the master switch off and on, it worked for a little, and it came back. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

The car is 2004 model, if that is needed.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
jdotlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 05:13 PM   #2
LS430inDE.
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to LS430inDE.

Is it possible there's a tiny bit of contamination on the surface of the sensor? Bird dukie, bug remains, or perhaps the paint is flaked? I had a similar issue except it was on the driver side front bumper. A rock or armored bug (lol) must have hit it and chipped the paint on the circle! I gently sanded with very very fine sand paper, the sensor. I then painted over the black circle with Toyota/Lexus touch up paint. I NEVER had an issue after that. (I read the solution on here!)

If that doesn't work, I think it's reasonable to assume the sensor is just "going bad". Electronic devices can last 50 years, or 5 days. You just never know.
w/Modern Lux
w/sport package
w/LOUSY AM RECEPTION!
HEY TOYOTA! my OTHER car was a loaded 2002 Acura 3.5RL w/ALWAYS UPDATED NAV that's usable IN MOTION!
LS430inDE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 08:41 AM   #3
jdotlim
Rookie
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS430inDE. View Post
Is it possible there's a tiny bit of contamination on the surface of the sensor? Bird dukie, bug remains, or perhaps the paint is flaked? I had a similar issue except it was on the driver side front bumper. A rock or armored bug (lol) must have hit it and chipped the paint on the circle! I gently sanded with very very fine sand paper, the sensor. I then painted over the black circle with Toyota/Lexus touch up paint. I NEVER had an issue after that. (I read the solution on here!)

If that doesn't work, I think it's reasonable to assume the sensor is just "going bad". Electronic devices can last 50 years, or 5 days. You just never know.
I just sanded down the sensor, so far so good. No beep or anything when I am far away. Hopefully it stays like this for ever. Thanks for your help.
jdotlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 03:35 PM   #4
LS430inDE.
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Send a message via AIM to LS430inDE.
Thumbs up nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdotlim View Post
I just sanded down the sensor, so far so good. No beep or anything when I am far away. Hopefully it stays like this for ever. Thanks for your help.
That is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to post a reply that the solution worked!
w/Modern Lux
w/sport package
w/LOUSY AM RECEPTION!
HEY TOYOTA! my OTHER car was a loaded 2002 Acura 3.5RL w/ALWAYS UPDATED NAV that's usable IN MOTION!
LS430inDE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 03:35 PM