LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2001 LS430 nav not working "program disk is inserted" and cannot eject dvd

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 02:12 PM
billhinatl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 LS430 nav not working "program disk is inserted" and cannot eject dvd

Nav system not working. Display works and get the following message after starting car program disk is inserted"

So here are some of the details:

[IMG] adult photo sharing[/IMG]
  • removed nav drive from trunk and took off cover and plugged cables back in. Got Jap message that system was updating and them went to "program disk is inserted" message. From here it freezes. I had it plugged in and could see drive spinning intermittently.
  • the nav dvd will not eject either when pressing the eject button. Saw in another post to activate eject with key on (not engine on) not sure if I tried that or not. Also asw in a subsequent post a recommendation to remove car battery for a perido time to allow reset. Did not try that yet either.
  • updated nav disk from sewell lexus a few years back and worked fine for a long time
  • Had a prior problem with radio. Whole different story but in essence someone crossed polarity when jumping dead battery and radio fuse blew. Replaced fuse and all was ok and NAV systems worked after that occurred but thought might be relevant.
  • Also have a cabling question pertaining to the nav dvd drive. so there are 4 cable inputs on theback on the drive. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the problem.

[IMG] screen capture software[/IMG]

• three out the four female connectors on back of drive make sense to me. The grey one top right, the big one below it and the one in the middle all have cables that logically fit and connect.
  • The one to the far left does not appear to have a cable that connect to it. Even though there is a cable with a blue head unconnected in the general area explained next bullet.
  • There is a cable (blue connector) that I thought fit it in far left loose and unconnected that fits into the female but the connector style is completely different. It is just loose there, maybe it was connected before. The cable appears to have a single pin like to (grey) on top right accepts but the fat left female receptor is a 6 pix pin and even though it slides in it does not go in all the way and engage. See below the blue on is the one that was unconnected and the grey one goes to the top far right.

imag

free picture hosting
  • Is the far left female connector not supposed to have cable connecting?
  • Any suggestions in general?

Last edited by billhinatl; 05-06-13 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-24-14, 07:59 AM
Bill3986
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help with "program disk is inserted" problem

I have the same problem. I also have an unconnected blue wire.
Before I disconnected the battery for over ten minutes the only problem was the the background map was not visible. After the battery "reboot", I can't get to the screen with the map. I can only get tot the screen shown in the original post. Audio, climate control, clock, etc. all work fine.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? A used gps drive unit is $700 and I don't know if that would fix it or not.

Thanks
Old 06-24-14, 01:03 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Lexus charges $99 for a diagnostic fee and you can go from there. At least you may know what the fix is and what your options are.
Old 06-24-14, 01:20 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Suggest you update Nav unit to Gen 4 system which can be had for $300 +/-.