LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

lowering the front of my UL LS430

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-14, 05:59 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering the front of my UL LS430

I cannot stand to look at the front of my car sitting higher then the rear anymore. I am ready to put some aftermarket wheels on my car and the rear sits fairly low as is for me. Can I safely lower the front of the car about 1.5 to 2 inches with the ride height sensors ? I do not wanna spend a fortune right now as i have dumped enough money into it lately. So whats my best option to get the front down a little. I just wanna get rid of most of the gap once I have some 19's or 20's on. I am not interested in sitting really low. Thanks guys
Old 05-03-14, 06:13 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That front higher than rear look is a "signature" of the UL models. You can adjust the front to lower it but in time it will go back to the way it was.
Old 05-03-14, 07:12 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

My front is slightly higher than my back but not much. You can adjust the height sensors on the front of the car to compensate. They will be riding a little out of spec. Kind of like rolling the dice messing with the air suspension.
Old 05-03-14, 09:29 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

well I rather not have to spend the money on a data system ase663 but if I did , would it be ok on the factory air struts to just lower the front slightly or will it put a lot of extra pressure on them ? i remember reading a while back that the issues with the data system get bad when you go down more then a few inches. I have also read countless posts about it having a mind of it's own. Someone please tell me there is a relatively easy and affordable option for me
Old 05-03-14, 10:24 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

What measure do you use to determine front/rear height? Distance to wheel well cut out or horizontal chrome side strip? Or other measurement.
Old 05-03-14, 10:37 AM
kkasaki
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front SS kit??
Old 05-03-14, 02:43 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You could do the SS kit, just not sure if the rears will compensate for the difference of height.

I'd recommend the data controller....It'll cost ya aaround $6-7ish, but will give you full height control for maximum adjustability
Old 05-03-14, 02:46 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There's a lot of info on here about the factory air suspension and lowering. You'll find everything you need to know by searching. To answer your question quickly, yes you can easily and quickly lower your front end by adjusting the sensor adjustment rods to their lowest setting. You'll have to do it on the flattest surface you can find to get it the car to sit as even as possible. Even at the lowest height, you may not be happy with the ride height. Lowering the car more requires you to cut the sensor adjustment rods and shorten them. Keep in mind that the front sensors determine the left-right height of the car, and the height in the rear is determined by an average of the two rear sensors. Here's some helpful info:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...djustment.html
Old 05-03-14, 07:10 PM
deejayrock
Driver School Candidate

great info ancdmd, i ended up buying a data controller and also adjusted the sensor arms, i couldnt stand the gaps, also i measure from the center of the wheel to the edge of the fenders
Old 05-03-14, 07:19 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jayclapp
What measure do you use to determine front/rear height? Distance to wheel well cut out or horizontal chrome side strip? Or other measurement.
I go from the center of the wheel to the edge of the wheel well and even just lookin at the car , it just doesnt look right sitting slightly high in the front. The rear looks ok tho, good enough that with the right wheels/tires there wont be much of a gap.

Originally Posted by C8V6C
You could do the SS kit, just not sure if the rears will compensate for the difference of height.

I'd recommend the data controller....It'll cost ya aaround $6-7ish, but will give you full height control for maximum adjustability
Ya the ase 663 is $570 shipped and would arrive in 10-15 business days. The install does not look too bad either judging by the install thread i found on here from several years back. Someone messaged me and offered to get me a SS kit. I am gonna consider that option. like I said, i just wanna go down maybe 2 inches at the most. I'm a real estate agent and cannot be riding around real low. If I have a good enough spring season , I am gonna buy another vehicle to use for work and keep the miles off my LS