LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2006 LS430 CL... found the one I have been looking for but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-14, 04:56 PM
ma61
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2006 LS430 CL... found the one I have been looking for but...

Found what I was looking for after all this time...
One owner, 48k, service history at Lexus (not a ton of service though)
Flint mica on black Custom luxury..

The price is average for a dealer ($21,500), but its 1500 miles away from me and there a couple minor things stopping me from flying there and getting it now..

Opinions please, am I being too picky (I am picky), or is this par for a "used car".

Drivers seat has some sort of smudge on it:

Rear bumper has scuffs:
IMAG0793 by ma61, on Flickr

Front bumper has scuffs:
IMAG0791 by ma61, on Flickr

Wheel has scuffs:
IMAG0794 by ma61, on Flickr

Here are some more pictures of it:

get-attachment (1) by ma61, on Flickr

get-attachment (2) by ma61, on Flickr

get-attachment (4) by ma61, on Flickr

get-attachment (5) by ma61, on Flickr

get-attachment (6) by ma61, on Flickr

get-attachment by ma61, on Flickr

get-attachment (9) by ma61, on Flickr
Old 04-22-14, 05:55 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

what a beauty , if you can afford it id jump on it , low mileage and its MINT
Old 04-22-14, 06:28 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

a bit pricey even with the low miles. i remember a 2004 UL with 68k sold for 16,800 here in Southern California about a year ago from a private seller.

BTW, this one seems to have standard cruise control, no DLCC or radar cruise.

the issues you pointed out int he pics are pretty minor. more important is the service done on the car. if getting the car i'd recommend transmission fluid, power steering, brake, coolant, water pump, timing belt, thermostat, drive belt (check LCA bushings) done before getting it from the dealer with OEM fluids/parts. Or else negotiate that into the price with the dealer - based on age, not miles.
Old 04-22-14, 06:35 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by writes123
a bit pricey even with the low miles. i remember a 2004 UL with 68k sold for 16,800 here in Southern California about a year ago from a private seller.

BTW, this one seems to have standard cruise control, no DLCC or radar cruise.

the issues you pointed out int he pics are pretty minor. more important is the service done on the car. if getting the car i'd recommend transmission fluid, power steering, brake, coolant, water pump, timing belt, thermostat, drive belt (check LCA bushings) done before getting it from the dealer with OEM fluids/parts. Or else negotiate that into the price with the dealer - based on age, not miles.
It does have the Laser cruise control. Look at the front lower air dam. center vent, passenger side of it. You can see the cut out. I'd really want to make sure that works before I bought it. Very pricey fix. The rear and front bumpers are repairable. Probably south of $800.00 by a good shop. The rim is replaceable for about $350.00
The seat cushion wear is a pain to match. Looks like someone kept the thigh setting a little too high and wore the polish off it.
Randy B
Old 04-22-14, 07:17 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice car... probably could get it for 19.5 if you negotiate the things you've pointed out. Seen a few with slightly higher mileage 5k or so for 18-20k here in cali.

Haven't seen one with lower mileage yet

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 04-22-14 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-22-14, 08:19 PM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah. so it has the advanced cruise control, just not the PCS system.
Old 04-22-14, 08:22 PM
LookyLou
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks nice and great low mileage. As I was shopping around I found that the seats always looked worse in the pictures than they did in real life. You are just going to get some impressions in real leather from various things. I don't know why but the camera seems to amplify these, especially on black.
Old 04-22-14, 10:51 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No, it has DLCC (Dynamic Laser Cruise Control) which was available only on CL and UL cars.
The others had non-dynamic CC (no speed-matching, just constant speed holding).

With PCS (again, only available on CL and UL cars) DRCC (R for Radar) replaced DLCC.
They really are quite different technology - DLCC uses a laser beam I believe in the Infrared spectrum while DRCC uses millimeter-wave radar - but have the same purpose, i.e. to detect a car in front of yours.
Old 04-22-14, 11:15 PM
Mikerx80
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I like it. I just picked up a Crystal White on Creme Custom Luxury in Cali about 2 weeks ago with 62k miles for $17k from a private party. The Flint Mica was actually my second color of choice. These are well built cars and for used you are going to have some wear. If you are going to be nit picky you will be looking for one forever. Needless to say finding one with low mileage is getting rarer by the day. I am with Mikefoxx $19k-19.5k seems more reasonable considering the scruffs and scrapes. From the looks of it, the dealer did not do anything but give it a wash and put it right out on the lot. They probably bought it wholesale or as a trade for $15-$16k. I am a firm believer of buying a used car with 50-60k especially if you are thinking about keeping it. Usually that means you will need to cough up a few more $$$. But well worth getting a little taste of a newer car smell and feel.
Old 04-23-14, 04:00 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Bumpers scratched and wheel rash are a common problem especially with older drivers. MAke sure you get to a reputable body shop or paint on the park assist beepers has a tendency to flake off if not prepped right.
Old 04-23-14, 07:09 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I suggest you post the location here and in the appropriate regional forum and ask for someone to personally inspect the car for you (and take pics of issues) plus recommend a local independent shop for a professional inspection. Once those are done, then fly there, buy the car, and have a great roadtrip home.
Old 04-23-14, 02:38 PM
ma61
Driver

I think I'm going to pass on it, I would really like to find one that was treated well and not just a "car" for some elderly person.
If they didnt care enough not to repeatedly scratch the bumpers and curb the wheels, what else have they not cared about...

The bumpers and wheels are an easy enough fix, but the spot on the seat its whats bothering me the most since that cant be repaired (realistically).

The price isnt really out of line considering its a dealer, the book is $23,xxx but market price is just about what they are asking for it.
Old 04-23-14, 04:30 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

minor issues but pricey. I just don't see paying a premium for 48k miles car versus one with say 70 or 80k, however. Look for the well maintained cars with higher mileage and save big.
Old 04-23-14, 09:06 PM
deejayrock
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in my search for my LS430, i found there werent too many that didnt have scuffs on them, probably driven by older individuals. the UL i finay bought had marks on the rear bumper but had significant service records with lexus, which was a plus to me. good luck with the hunt, i paid premium for my car because it was the color exterior, interior and it was the UL edition. cheers
Old 04-24-14, 05:23 AM
ma61
Driver

I was ready to pay a premium since it was the combo I was searching for forever, and I could justify spending a bit more to have the bumpers refinished.

BUT.... getting in the car everyday and seeing that mar on the leather would drive me to the looney bin.

Quick Reply: 2006 LS430 CL... found the one I have been looking for but...