LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 with Landau Top discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-14, 01:44 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by username32
Still waiting for the LS460 version of this hideous modification.
I see LS430 and LS460's with these cloth tops around Boca Raton all the time. The only one I think looks somewhat good is a white one I have seen with a tan top. The rest really aren't my taste
Old 02-27-14, 04:22 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this entire thread should be removed by mods due to it repulsing nature!

Yet I couldnt resist to come in and read it, like watching an accident.
Old 02-27-14, 04:47 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

I saw this hideous looking LS430 on ebay, why?? Did this person or company think this is a Cadillac Sedan De-ville?
that's certainly very different , I don't hate it as much as everyone else seems too.

I guarantee if Junction Produce started producing them people would all of a sudden start wanting them, people are like sheep unfortunately

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 02-27-14 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-13-14, 08:14 AM
LS430FL
Instructor

Still waiting for the LS460 version of this hideous modification.
here is one on ebay right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-LS-L-2010-LS460-L-AWD-ONLY-8-184-ORIGINAL-MILES-1-FLORIDA-OWNER-AMAZING-/111324294402?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19eb71ed02&item=111324294402&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Old 04-13-14, 08:31 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

That is the most incredibly ugly thing I have ever seen. The low milage is obviously because the owner is embarrased to be seen in it in public!
Old 06-17-15, 10:07 PM
Rosayy714
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Has anyone ever heard of or seen a lexus ls430 "Malibu Edition" soft top?

Can someone please enlighten me with some more info and history on their let us ls430 Malibu edition that comes with a soft top, I've been seeing this car in my city since 2009 and have always tried chasing it down to ask the owner more about it, I have never seen a stock soft top lexus ls, or any lexus in a soft top version for that matter, I was driving around looking for homes that have gone on the market for sale and I saw the car I've been seeing and trying so hard for years to chase it down, so I stopped my car and snapped a photo in the hopes of posting it on here and maybe getting more info on this beast, I've tried Google a bunch of times and have always come up with nothing, there is no info, no talks about it no articles nothing, I have never seen one nor can I find any info on it, I'd love to get my hands on one, can someone please enlighten me, I'm sure the rest of the lexus community would love to know as well, thanks in advance to anyone reading this and hopefully giving some input......
Attached Thumbnails LS430 with Landau Top discussion (merged threads)-image.jpg  
Old 06-17-15, 11:04 PM
doodoo
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I believe it is not an original car made from factory. I saw a " pebble beach edition" I think it was called on ebay before with soft top and I dont think that was original either. The car you saw had a trunk spoiler Which I know for a fact isn't original. It doesn't match with the car at all. And the rims aren't original either. You can do anything to cars nowadays if you pay enough money. Heck Ive seen a honda civic with a 2jz engine and the rear had a skyline conversion. But if anything, you have already tracked down the owner. Why not just ask them yourself.
Old 06-18-15, 06:19 AM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

That's just a fake glued on fabric "soft top", not a real functional soft top. It's very popular dealer add on package for Lincoln and Caddilac, I didn't think someone would be crazy enough to put it on a LS430....������
Old 06-21-15, 11:43 AM
BigLS430
Driver School Candidate

seen one of these at a used car lot in houston. not a fan
Old 07-21-15, 04:02 AM
SuperCoupe400
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb Hypocritical?

First, let me go on record by saying I also detest the site of these landau tops on our LS's. Some things should just never be done.

But let me point something else out. I think a number of us get selective amnesia when it comes to something like this. How many times do you see a thread where someone has done something outside the box with their LS and the first person to post a negative comment gets flamed for it. Seems the old, "If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all" mantra gets thrown up in their face.

For example: I may be in the minority on this, but I can't stand black wheels, especially matte black, and especially on an LS. I think they look absolutely, completely, and without question, hideous (on 90% of the cars that have them)! In my opinion, they bring the look of a car WAY down. But if I were to slam them like everybody's piling on this landau top treatment (which I also detest), I'd be called on the carpet for it BIG TIME by everyone on this board.

All im saying is, don't get all holier-than-thou in defense of an easthetic modification or treatment you think is the best thing since sliced bread just because others on the board like it too, and then act like that rule doesn't apply when it comes to something like these landau tops.

Just sayin'...

Last edited by SuperCoupe400; 07-21-15 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-17-19, 09:21 PM
JonnyO78
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

But here's the real question:

What should I pay for one? Is this an addition or subtraction of value? Because I'm looking at one. 150k miles and in kinda minty shape.
Old 03-17-19, 10:08 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Run away!!!!
Old 03-18-19, 03:55 PM
Ricklin
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyO78
But here's the real question:

What should I pay for one? Is this an addition or subtraction of value? Because I'm looking at one. 150k miles and in kinda minty shape.
Just take the cost of removing it in to consideration when you make an offer.

That top looks better than slammed with lots of camber. That's the look I despise. I don't mind low within reason it's when they go so low that the wheels are all cambered to make them fit. Despise that look, that some spend thousands to get. To each their own. It's what you like that matters. Within the bounds of safety of course, we all share the roads.
Old 03-18-19, 08:09 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

my opinion very tough sell. There are two by me that have been on the market for months.
Old 03-18-19, 08:21 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ricklin
Just take the cost of removing it in to consideration when you make an offer.

That top looks better than slammed with lots of camber. That's the look I despise. I don't mind low within reason it's when they go so low that the wheels are all cambered to make them fit. Despise that look, that some spend thousands to get. To each their own. It's what you like that matters. Within the bounds of safety of course, we all share the roads.
The original post ask what he should pay for the car. As you have noticed, that is not a question with an absolute answer. The answer lies with every individual that would be interested in buying the car or not buying the car. Some people might find it valuable and others might find it to be near junk. Stupid question?!!!!

Quick Reply: LS430 with Landau Top discussion (merged threads)