Just bought these wheels....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-14, 04:03 PM
LS430Nole
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default **Update** just bought these wheels. OEWheelsLLC. LS460 style on my 430

Update****

Attachment 311914Just ordered these wheels for my 05 LS430. I know it says for LS460 but that is just the style. According to the specs and the disclaimer they do not fit a 460 but will fit a 430.

My question is ..... It's states in the specs that the offset it 35. Will I have issues with fitment? The gentleman I spoke to when I ordered them says they guarantee fitment.

My current aftermarket wheels are 7.5 wide with 40 offset with no issue. These are 8 wide with 35 offset. Not sure how much difference half inch and 5mm makes.

Has anyone had any experience with this company or fitting 35mm offset on the 430?

Front calipers are a concern.Attachment 311914

Thanks

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...2#.UtR7sbK9KSM

Got them mounted today. I like them. Fitment was great. No problem clearing the front brakes. No problems with scrubbing. Seem to be good quality. Will be looking for some lexus center caps to match.
Attached Thumbnails Just bought these wheels....-image.jpg  

Last edited by LS430Nole; 01-16-14 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-13-14, 04:43 PM
KAHUNA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know nothing about what you are asking but saw these rims also thought they looked great and then thought could 450 for 4 rims possibly be a good idea? I have 2 young kids in the car often and just couldn't bring myself to buy them.

Did you do some research that led to you being comfortable with them? The last set of rims I bought were American Racing rims for my 69 firebird and that was 27 years ago.....
Old 01-13-14, 04:48 PM
SQuester
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm concerned about the part stated in red at the bottom of the description mentioning that they won't fit cars with upgraded brakes such as brembo. Our calipers are large/thick and you must use a high disk pad type wheel on the front or spacers for clearance.

As for the width and offset, you'll be fine. They'll fit 9mm further outward than your current rims.
Old 01-13-14, 04:49 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I can tell you that I have bought two sets from OE wheels llc and so far I have been very happy with the quality. They are of course heavier than the stock wheels but I have not had any problems with them *knock on wood *
Old 01-13-14, 05:24 PM
LS430Nole
Rookie

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
I know nothing about what you are asking but saw these rims also thought they looked great and then thought could 450 for 4 rims possibly be a good idea? I have 2 young kids in the car often and just couldn't bring myself to buy them.

Did you do some research that led to you being comfortable with them? The last set of rims I bought were American Racing rims for my 69 firebird and that was 27 years ago.....
I researched the company here on the forum and online. I have not found anyone on this site or on the net that has anything bad to say about them or the quality. If they would have had the original 5 spoke in the Hyper Silver/Black I would have bought them. I didnt want the chrome so I went with the next best option on their website. Cost was not as much a concern for me as the style of the wheel.

My main concern was the fitment. The only reason I bought them was becuase the salesman I spoke with on the phone assured me they would fit. They have a return policy if not.
Old 01-13-14, 05:30 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They look good, as long as they clear the caliper they'll fit fine. Be sure to post pics when you get em.
Old 01-13-14, 05:46 PM
KAHUNA
Rookie

Originally Posted by LS430Nole
I researched the company here on the forum and online. I have not found anyone on this site or on the net that has anything bad to say about them or the quality. If they would have had the original 5 spoke in the Hyper Silver/Black I would have bought them. I didnt want the chrome so I went with the next best option on their website. Cost was not as much a concern for me as the style of the wheel.

My main concern was the fitment. The only reason I bought them was becuase the salesman I spoke with on the phone assured me they would fit. They have a return policy if not.
Very cool - thanks - I wanted to get a set then convert my 16 stocks to winter's, I am going to search around their site now - like I said I have zero experience with rims but always in my mind is the doesn't matter what the car is if the rims and tires are crap...the car is crap.

My LS is black so I am thinking of going chrome with Hyper Silver as a second choice.
Old 01-15-14, 11:18 AM
fangtl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
Very cool - thanks - I wanted to get a set then convert my 16 stocks to winter's, I am going to search around their site now - like I said I have zero experience with rims but always in my mind is the doesn't matter what the car is if the rims and tires are crap...the car is crap.

My LS is black so I am thinking of going chrome with Hyper Silver as a second choice.
You are associating price to quality. Check the Vette forums, people who track and HPDE their Z06s uses replica wheels from OE Wheels, same from the Mustang forums, Porsche forums have nothing but positive things to say. I am not saying you are wrong because these rims may very well turn out to be 'crap' but evidence from many users suggest this company and their products are legitimate.
Old 01-15-14, 05:25 PM
KAHUNA
Rookie

Originally Posted by fangtl
You are associating price to quality. Check the Vette forums, people who track and HPDE their Z06s uses replica wheels from OE Wheels, same from the Mustang forums, Porsche forums have nothing but positive things to say. I am not saying you are wrong because these rims may very well turn out to be 'crap' but evidence from many users suggest this company and their products are legitimate.
Yep 100% was going off of price alone - very excited to see the positive notes from the folks here - Probably grab a set in the spring. Since it seems I will have my 02LS for at least 3 more years or so I figure a few grand in freshening it up is well worth it -

I have it scheduled to go in for a sanding - full detail in the spring - prepaid in the winter for a better deal - figure I will finally get the Sub fixed too.

Of course this could all be moot as the check engine line came one today and my passenger headlight went out also - I can not imagine the two are related but....
Old 01-16-14, 05:20 PM
LS430Nole
Rookie

Front wheel
Attached Thumbnails Just bought these wheels....-image.jpg  
Old 01-17-14, 01:18 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

for 501 dollars shipped you cant beat that,and they look great!may order a set tonight.
you didnt have to put any spacers did you?

Last edited by jimbosr1; 01-17-14 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-17-14, 02:14 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

I've seen those wheels on OEM Wheels and like them a lot. They update the looks of the 430 too. You can't beat the price. Get a set of "L" wheel center caps and you'll be all set. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 01-17-14, 02:20 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Capital Wheels had Lexus center caps in hyper silver when I bought wheels there years ago.
Old 01-17-14, 06:24 PM
LS430Nole
Rookie

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
for 501 dollars shipped you cant beat that,and they look great!may order a set tonight.
you didnt have to put any spacers did you?
No spacers needed. There is actually plenty of room between the caliper and wheel. Even thought about having the mounting surface milled down to bring the wheel into the well a little more.

Any input on whether or not that would compromise the integrity of the wheel strength wise.??
Old 01-17-14, 06:35 PM
Prochamber
Driver

They look really nice. Probably best to get some wheel locks on those very soon. Later!

Quick Reply: Just bought these wheels....