LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Wald exhaust, resonator delete?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-13, 12:05 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wald exhaust, resonator delete?

Looking for some feedback and hoping some members have done this before. I've got an '02 UL with a Wald exhaust currently installed and am looking to make a little more sound. I love the tone (low and deep, very rich sounding and never raspy) but wanted a bit more volume. I've thought of doing an Injen intake, but I don't think this will help a whole lot with getting me the volume I'm hoping for, although I'm thinking it will increase a touch. Would doing a resonator delete be what I'm searching for? I don't want it to be too raunchy or too loud, but I do want it louder than what it is now. Tried searching here and on you tube for sound clips, but not much out there for LS's. Seen a bunch for GS's and SC's though. Anybody done a resonator delete with a Wald exhaust and if so, how did it sound? Would I be completely nuts by just removing one resonator to see first if it's loud enough?
Old 12-10-13, 08:02 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

The Injen intake might help a little but I don't think it will get you the volume you desire. Deleting the resonators can add a decent amount of volume. It may be exactly what you're looking for but it's hard to say. I'd recommend you try that since it's the cheapest option.

There is always the option of bigger piping if your Wald exhaust uses the factory size. 2.25 inch piping with your resonators on might be good enough too.
Old 12-10-13, 08:03 PM
NickawdIs
Pole Position

I did res delete & injen intake the sound is sex lol !
Old 12-10-13, 09:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by NickawdIs
That's a good combination right there! I bet it sounds great!
Old 12-11-13, 01:46 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Would you be able to share a video of that?

Because i recently got the Injen, but I'm looking for more sound ;D
But id like to hear how it sounds first.
Old 12-11-13, 08:19 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
The Injen intake might help a little but I don't think it will get you the volume you desire. Deleting the resonators can add a decent amount of volume. It may be exactly what you're looking for but it's hard to say. I'd recommend you try that since it's the cheapest option.

There is always the option of bigger piping if your Wald exhaust uses the factory size. 2.25 inch piping with your resonators on might be good enough too.
Thanks for the feedback Kira. I think I'll probably start with the Intake and go from there. I'm also thinking it may not quite do it, but it'll change the sound right off the bat too, so that will be nice. I'm sure there really won't be any performance gains either, but if I still wanted performance, I wouldn't have ever sold my STi .

Originally Posted by tHeKiNg911
Would you be able to share a video of that?

Because i recently got the Injen, but I'm looking for more sound ;D
But id like to hear how it sounds first.
+1. Would love to hear a sound clip if you got it.
Old 12-11-13, 09:21 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by Silver'04
Thanks for the feedback Kira. I think I'll probably start with the Intake and go from there. I'm also thinking it may not quite do it, but it'll change the sound right off the bat too, so that will be nice. I'm sure there really won't be any performance gains either, but if I still wanted performance, I wouldn't have ever sold my STi .
I think the intake should make it deeper and give it a more aggressive sound. I put one on my SC300 a few years ago and it made it sound a little bit deeper and louder. If it doesn't get you the exact sound you want then taking off the resonators and having the intake should do it. I bet it will sound pretty good.