LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Smaller braker calipers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-13, 07:09 PM
sleepingbe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smaller braker calipers?

I have a 2005 LS430. I just became aware of the BBK today. I bought a nice set of Helo HE834 rims off of craigslist. They do barely hit the front brake calipers even with a spacer (I do not know what size of the spacer is but I am guessing it is 4mm). I really dont want to use any spacers.

Is there any replacement calipers that are a tad smaller?

Ebay has these caliper covers listed with the sizes, "Black Brembo Style Universal Disc Brake Caliper Covers 4pcs Front and Rear bms08".
Old 12-07-13, 08:00 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

inadvisable.

the braking system was designed for your car. taking into account: car weight, speed, this that and the other thing. to 'downgrade' would put yourself and others into jeopardy.

that was your mistake for buying wheels in which you did not know would fit. no big deal, a lot of us do it but we are willing to run spacers to help the wheels fit.

perhaps you do not want to run spacers because you are unfamiliar with them. you can run small, slip on spacers in a completely safe manner. (as long as there is some hub space left for the wheel to contact)

as for those caliper covers you suggested... theyre just covers. they wouldnt help with the fitment, they would just make your car look stupid, here is a thread in which we discuss those caliper covers
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...er-covers.html
and here is a photo i took of someone i saw running those covers

they do absolutely nothing for your car. BUT if you think you would like the look of YOUR car with those on, go for it.
Old 12-07-13, 08:28 PM
sleepingbe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I will have to get some different rims. I know a lot of people use spacers, but there didnt seem to be a lot of thread left with the current spacers.
Old 12-07-13, 09:39 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ah ok. so you erred on the side of caution, which is good. yeah man im sure you can find plenty of wheels you like in your price range that will fit the way you want. sometimes you just have to be patient