LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Calling Out Warminwisc

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 07:02 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Calling Out Warminwisc

It's YOUR fault, buddy - and for that I'm forever thankful. It's time to celebrate with another bet!

Backround for all you newbies (and old folks like me):
Warminwisc, that famous Packers fan, and I had a (sucker) bet on the 1/1/12 game between the Lions and Packers at Lambeau. Of course I lost, and I ventured out to our local Meijer hypermarket on Monday, 1/2/12 to purchase a box of assorted Michigan food items to ship to the winner of our wager. I seldom went to Meijer, but I remembered them once having an aisle of Michigan food items. The first busy Meijer employee I met couldn't remember any Michigan aisle, but I eventually found what I needed. That evening, I was telling the story of the bet to my usual waitress (a big Lions fan) at a local restaurant. Some lady a few booths away turned around and introduced herself as the person who couldn't help me that morning. Well, this lovely lady and I are going to be married in the same restaurant next Monday.

The wager:
Warminwisc, in celebration of what you caused, I throw down the gauntlet and challenge you to another bet on next Sunday's Lions - Packers game at Lambeau. (I might actually have a chance at winning this bet given the improved Lions.) To make things easy on you, the loser of the wager will ship the winner only ONE package of a food item made in the loser's state. You won't have to rush to ship out my winnings, as we will be on our honeymoon in northern Michigan.

So, you game?
Old 09-30-13, 07:14 AM
ls430lover
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we will start to call this the espn forum
have fun guys
Old 09-30-13, 10:35 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations, caddyowner! All the best to you and your new adventure.
And thanks for your many contributions to this forum.
Old 09-30-13, 10:50 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Congratulations... and you must be in a small town... or that is a miracle of a coincidence...
Old 09-30-13, 10:53 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Great story and thanks for sharing. Wishing you and the misses many happy years to come
Old 09-30-13, 11:08 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

BTW, I posted this here as I think this is the only place Warm hangs out - and it's far more entertaining to do this in public rather then PMs.

Now, where is that cheesehead?
Old 09-30-13, 11:18 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Hee-hee...congrats!
See what the CL community can do for members. We can let Dave know and have a matchmaking section created.
Old 09-30-13, 04:06 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Game On!!! There is a stellar cheese plant 1/2 way to Lambeau where the guys arms are like as thick as Suh's head from tossing 50 lbs blocks of colby in the slightest chance the Lions have gotten some courage!!!.

I do have seat 2 section 115 reserved for ya if ya can get up here. The wife can watch with my wife on my latest 60 inch panasonic plasma.

But most likely I still have your address so I can send you a thank you card Cad if you can't make it!
Old 09-30-13, 04:36 PM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Well, I can't make it over there as it's the day before my wedding and I also have to work that Monday morning. (At least it's from home.) Heck, I may not even watch the game as we spend Sunday afternoons with my fiancee's mom at her assisted living apartment.
Old 09-30-13, 07:40 PM
Spydah
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! Good story.
Old 10-01-13, 03:37 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Sounds good lets hope its a fun game with no injuries and keep in context its just a game! This is a winderful story for a wonderful fella who I wish the best for!

Maybe some of us recall how Cad took care/served his failing wife, like the diamond she was and how fate befalls those deserving!
Old 10-01-13, 07:09 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha I'm glad to see this is back! Congrats again to Caddy, I'm very happy for you! May the best team win, naturally since I live (or used to live) in MI I should be rooting for Detroit, so go Lions!! (sry warm). Keep us posted on what happens
Old 10-06-13, 03:27 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

Hey, it's game day. BTW, my future bride and I both like cheese.
Old 10-06-13, 05:40 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Well Cad I like the miss's but tell her not to count her cheese curds before they before they curdle!!

Ladies and gentleman we will have a sunny day for kickoff at Lambeau field with a game time temperature of 57 degrees 4 years post Super Bowl coach Mike McCarthey at 1-2 brings his relatively healthy GB Packers against anxiety filled Jim Schwartz's free spirited Detroit Lions 3-1 for a can be expected hard fought conference game which would make Alex Karras and Jerry Kramer proud!.

The real story will be can the newly acquired Reggie Bush stretch the field so the banged up phenom Calvin Johnson can exploit the healing Packers backfield as he has the last 3 games for 448 yards.

For the Packers, can the Packers O Line keep Ndamukong Suh and fellow d line, off field headline makers, from stomping the Packers 4th round pick left tackle(very long name) and undrafted right tackle Don Barkley so Aaron Rogers is not running for his multi million dollar life or getting tipped upside down for the tasteful bites of the legendary Lambeau sod!

I expect this to be a high scoring game followers, with winds a wimpy 10 mph and a showdown between maturing Mathew Stafford and pretty boy A Rod.

Break out yur party hats, binoculars, bratwurst, beer cheese soup, brides and future brides and ladies and gentleman "Lets Rumble". Warm but never warm beer!
Old 10-06-13, 10:54 AM
caddyowner
Lead Lap

I'm not liking what I'm not seeing out of the Detroit offense.

Quick Reply: Calling Out Warminwisc