LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2005 LS430 UL Murcury Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-13, 09:49 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 LS430 UL Murcury Metallic

Just purchased this LS430 and absolutely love it! A 2005 one owner with 57k miles, pristine! Still smells like new and once you insert your favorite CD and play it through the Levinson, while you are chilling in the reclining/massaging back seats, you realize why you bought this car. The last car was a RX400h, yes it was nice with good mileage, responsive and great in the snow, but come on, luxury is better in my opinion. Although this baby is a bit thirsty on fuel, it is a fair trade off for all of the perks, I am very happy with this car and would buy another one tomorrow. The only complaint I have is the bouncy suspension, something I think should be addressed. Other than that, Lexus you did it Right! Amazing car!
:2005 LS430 UL Murcury Metallic-014.jpg
Old 06-13-13, 09:00 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

You'll love it! Congratulations.
Old 06-13-13, 09:18 AM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Amazing Find! Im sure that didnt come cheap. Hope you enjoy it! and if you dont like bounce its time to go static!
Old 06-13-13, 09:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Nice!

You should have the suspension evaluated. It should not be "bouncy", it should ride flat and smooth. At that age it could easily have some worn components that once replaced would make it ride great.
Old 06-13-13, 11:43 AM
InfamousLS
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ my guess would be worn air shock... like I said time to go static!
Old 06-13-13, 02:52 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Have you tried the "sport" selection of suspension button? That should firm up the suspension some. I wouldn't worry about the air suspension failing at your mileage. Also, I don't think they go out in pairs or several at one time. When one goes out, the car will not sit level and be visually noticeable. Suggest you have Lexus check it out. People that don't have air are mostly the ones that say you should get rid of it. I love my air suspension.
Old 06-13-13, 04:56 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Thirsty on fuel? Look at the super luxury competition, rings of Death OOOO, Jag, Benz, Infiniti? You could be doing alot worse with repairs to offset a few pennies versus a bumpity bump "hold tight I am passing" 3.5 Camry/Avalon.. V8 RWD glad ya like yur LS!! I get 24-25 mpg daily but ya city driving will suck, fuel.
Old 06-13-13, 08:38 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jayclapp
You'll love it! Congratulations.
Thanks, I do love the car, it's an amazing piece of engineering. I can't stop waxing and vacuuming it, what's wrong with me? HAHA
Old 06-13-13, 08:50 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by InfamousLS
Amazing Find! Im sure that didnt come cheap. Hope you enjoy it! and if you dont like bounce its time to go static!
Hey, thanks for the post. Yes I did get a screaming deal on this one, one owner and low miles. But there is something going on at the right rear, maybe a shock. Once I pinpoint the problem it will be perfect. I had an 01 that rode like a dream and I should have never let it go, but I love the black leather, way better than the light colored interiors. Question for you, what is Static? Thanks!
Old 06-13-13, 09:04 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Nice!

You should have the suspension evaluated. It should not be "bouncy", it should ride flat and smooth. At that age it could easily have some worn components that once replaced would make it ride great.
When it's time for the 60k service, I will have an evaluation. The 01 I had never did this, it was smooth as silk. I wasn't willing to let this one get away, even with this issue. The car is absolutely beautiful and so comfortable. Most folks don't realize what goes into these cars until they discover them like I did. Thanks for the post, I appreciate the feedback!
Old 06-13-13, 09:07 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by InfamousLS
^^^ my guess would be worn air shock... like I said time to go static!
Thanks for the advice on the worn shock, I will have it checked out!
Old 06-13-13, 09:12 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Have you tried the "sport" selection of suspension button? That should firm up the suspension some. I wouldn't worry about the air suspension failing at your mileage. Also, I don't think they go out in pairs or several at one time. When one goes out, the car will not sit level and be visually noticeable. Suggest you have Lexus check it out. People that don't have air are mostly the ones that say you should get rid of it. I love my air suspension.
The car does ride best in the sport/high mode, but still has a little rocking from back right to front left, weird. It could be a shock maybe, I will have it checked out, it's driving me nuts! Thanks for the post, much appreciated!
Old 06-13-13, 09:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver13
The car does ride best in the sport/high mode, but still has a little rocking from back right to front left, weird. It could be a shock maybe, I will have it checked out, it's driving me nuts! Thanks for the post, much appreciated!
That sounds like a stabilizer issue to me...
Old 06-13-13, 09:19 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by warminwisc
Thirsty on fuel? Look at the super luxury competition, rings of Death OOOO, Jag, Benz, Infiniti? You could be doing alot worse with repairs to offset a few pennies versus a bumpity bump "hold tight I am passing" 3.5 Camry/Avalon.. V8 RWD glad ya like yur LS!! I get 24-25 mpg daily but ya city driving will suck, fuel.
Yes, you are right...not so bad actually for a V-8. It's very efficient and will last a long time, which offsets the costs. I do love the LS and would buy another as money allows. Thanks for your post, much appreciated!
Old 06-13-13, 09:25 PM
Driver13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW13GS
That sounds like a stabilizer issue to me...
Hi, What does the stabilizer do? and how can I correct it....Thanks for the post!

Quick Reply: 2005 LS430 UL Murcury Metallic