LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Crossed jumper cables on 01 ls430

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-13, 05:59 PM
Mr01ls430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Crossed jumper cables on 01 ls430

Ok so I made a big mistake.i crossed the jumper cables on my ls430 and now a few things don't work.There were a few fuses that blew and I replaced them.now all fuses are ok and the cluster,navigation,power seats, are not working.also the car starts fine but it won't shift out of park.while I was checking the fuses I had the car running and it overheated and the radiator now has a big hole.i think I messed up the body control module or Mabey the ECM but I don't know how to test them.
Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Old 05-10-13, 06:51 PM
kp60382
Driver School Candidate

Not to worry. I did the same thing to. Take it to the dealer and get ready to shell out 150 bucks. You fried your major 30 amp fuses. that's why you cannot take it out of park and your cluster is out.
Old 05-10-13, 10:47 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr01ls430
Ok so I made a big mistake.i crossed the jumper cables on my ls430 and now a few things don't work.There were a few fuses that blew and I replaced them.now all fuses are ok and the cluster,navigation,power seats, are not working.also the car starts fine but it won't shift out of park.while I was checking the fuses I had the car running and it overheated and the radiator now has a big hole.i think I messed up the body control module or Mabey the ECM but I don't know how to test them.
Any help is appreciated

Thanks
I feel much better about myself that there are more than one who did the same thing. lol

Most probably you can fix the problem with $3. I did extensive diagnostics mainly because the fuselink that I thought was fine actually wasn't. It is is 120A fuselink. check the fuses. it takes little effort to change it but it is a DIY. I say it because if I can do something then it is meant for entry level DIY person. it was difficult to find a 140A fuse so I got a 140 A fuse from Advance Auto. It was $3. I had called Lexus stealer prior to that but they had quoted me $45 for a fuse. Let us know how it goes.

I can;t help about the radiator issue though.

Note: Disconnect battery before you play with electrical. Discharge static electricity on your body/clothes just to be safe.

Last edited by BMW7_LS430; 05-11-13 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-11-13, 06:02 AM
Mr01ls430
Driver School Candidate

Default Fuse

Thanks guys...the big 140 amp fuse is blown.i am going to get it and hopefully that will solve all the problems.will update once done

Thanks
Old 05-19-15, 10:43 AM
Lejas
Driver School Candidate

Default Navigation / Radio / AC still out after replacing 140 amp fuse

I have an identical problem. I checked every fuse, replaced all of the fuseable links, and the big 140A fuse was blown. This brought the car back to life, sort of, but the AC Navigation / Radio are all dead. I've searched a lot of forums, and found similar problems, but no solutions about the radio/nav/ac unit. I was really hoping this was just a fuse, but double checked them with a tester. I have the Check Engine and VSC lights on as well, with 2000 max rpms. Please post what was the solution to your problem with the Navigation / AC / stereo issue.
Old 05-20-15, 01:00 PM
Lejas
Driver School Candidate

Default Solution

I checked all the fuses twice, had my son go over them all with a fuse meter, and finally, had my wife check the most likely blown fuses. She is much smaller than me, and discovered on the passenger kick panel, there is a row of fuses on the top that is covered by the carpet. So, when I was mapping which fuses to pull, the diagram was one row off. There is a fuse number 33 listed in the owners manual that is at the very top, concealed under the carpet. This was the fuse that controlled the AC / Nav and audio. So the solution is to find a very small person, maybe from a yoga class or the circus, and have them crawl up in that tight spot to pull the carpet back.
Old 05-21-15, 09:18 AM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Lejas
I checked all the fuses twice, had my son go over them all with a fuse meter, and finally, had my wife check the most likely blown fuses. She is much smaller than me, and discovered on the passenger kick panel, there is a row of fuses on the top that is covered by the carpet. So, when I was mapping which fuses to pull, the diagram was one row off. There is a fuse number 33 listed in the owners manual that is at the very top, concealed under the carpet. This was the fuse that controlled the AC / Nav and audio. So the solution is to find a very small person, maybe from a yoga class or the circus, and have them crawl up in that tight spot to pull the carpet back.
That is too funny....or just marry a small lady, like you did....
Glad you found the problem.
Old 03-08-20, 03:01 PM
Poppah
Driver School Candidate

good evening I'm having a problem that you once had are you talkin about the fuses that's behind the door on the passenger side