LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Proud new owner with a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-12, 04:42 AM
sennett0r
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proud new owner with a few questions.

Hey everyone. I just picked up my first lexus!

It's a 2004 ls430 in flint mica and black leather interior. It has navigation and the mark levinson system as well as every other option imaginable (i think) except for the ultra luxury package.

It has 100,500 miles and runs great. The car is in pretty immaculate shape. Just a few light scratches on the exterior and almost perfect interior. i paid just under $14k. How did I do?

Anyways, I was told that this car is equipped with Bluetooth but I could not figure out how to setup my phone. I checked the owners manual and didn't see anything about Bluetooth in there as well.

Any help on setting up my iPhone in the car? Also, is it possible to stream music through apps on my phone such as pandora?

As for the navigation, how do you update the software? Is it a new navi DVD I buy or a software update somehow?

Also, the car came with the smart keys however one of the keys is not so smart. It doesn't detect when I try to open the door, and it doesn't let me start the car without plugging the key into the ignition.

The other key works perfect. Any ideas what might be the issue?

One last random question. What is the hump in the trunk? The one right by the rear seat?

Thanks for any help in advance. I'll be sure to post some pics of my car as soon as possible,
Old 12-23-12, 07:03 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Price is fine key may need battery hump could be the Hybrid 04 Hybrid Battery case.
Old 12-23-12, 07:12 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bluetooth setup go to telephone setup and youll see bluetooth as an option. Go through menu to add phone.

Key either battery is low or the key has lost connectuon so needs to be reprogrammed.

The trunk hump is only on UL trim and its the coolbox and rear ac housings. Or, are you saying on.inside behind seats? If inside, its the center brake light housing.
Old 12-23-12, 12:07 PM
sennett0r
Driver

Ahh... I couldn't find the phone menu... Didn't realize I had to press information to get there. Got that all setup now. Thanks!

Also I realized that the key that "wasn't working" was the valet key after doing a search. Noticed that the key didn't have the trunk release button.

The trunk hump I'm referring to is inside the trunk in the back, up against the rear seat. Imagine you want to slide in a subwoofer box all the way back against the rear seat backs,.. The hump is in the way.
As far as I know my car is not a UL model. Does not have air suspension, nor does it have the rear audio/climate controls. It does have rear heated seats. Not sure if that's a standard option.

Also, I did a search for the navigation update and learned that my 04 should have the gen4 hardware and that I can purchase an updated navigation DVD from the dealership. I also learned that these discs can be upwards of $200??? Is that right??
Old 12-23-12, 12:09 PM
sennett0r
Driver

Here's a quick pic.

Old 12-23-12, 12:50 PM
beneteau
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sennett0r
Ahh... I couldn't find the phone menu... Didn't realize I had to press information to get there. Got that all setup now. Thanks!

Also I realized that the key that "wasn't working" was the valet key after doing a search. Noticed that the key didn't have the trunk release button.

The trunk hump I'm referring to is inside the trunk in the back, up against the rear seat. Imagine you want to slide in a subwoofer box all the way back against the rear seat backs,.. The hump is in the way.
As far as I know my car is not a UL model. Does not have air suspension, nor does it have the rear audio/climate controls. It does have rear heated seats. Not sure if that's a standard option.

Also, I did a search for the navigation update and learned that my 04 should have the gen4 hardware and that I can purchase an updated navigation DVD from the dealership. I also learned that these discs can be upwards of $200??? Is that right??

Sewell Lexus is a sponsor of Club Lexus. Go to the following website, register with your Club Lexus ID name and you will get a discount on any parts and accessories you purchase from them.

http://is.sewellparts.com/clublexus.php

Last edited by beneteau; 12-23-12 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-23-12, 01:50 PM
anthony430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my '04 UL trunk to help you compare.
Attached Thumbnails Proud new owner with a few questions.-dsc_0001.jpg  
Old 12-23-12, 02:31 PM
sennett0r
Driver

Originally Posted by beneteau
Sewell Lexus is a sponsor of Club Lexus. Go to the following website, register with your Club Lexus ID name and you will get a discount on any parts and accessories you purchase from them.

http://is.sewellparts.com/clublexus.php
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely do that.

Originally Posted by anthony430
Here's my '04 UL trunk to help you compare.
Thanks. My trunk looks a bit different.

That's the hump I'm referring to.
Old 12-31-12, 02:43 PM
sennett0r
Driver

Hey guys, I wanted an opinion and didn't want to create a new thread...

My 04 ls430 has had most of its maintenance done at lexus dealership. Pretty much, there are records until around 70k miles. Car currently has 100k and I do have some of the maintenance records for the car between 70k-100k from the previous owners personal mechanic.

If you guys had this car and were in my situation, would you take it back to the dealership and continue to have them service the vehicle and keep records or would you just take it to your own mechanic or do the maintenance yourself?
Old 01-02-13, 02:29 PM
LSGarry
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At that year and mileage, I think it would be in your best interests to go to a qualified local mechanic that has specialized in Lexus before. For example, I found a Lexus certified master mechanic that had opened his own shop in Redondo Beach and he works on both my cars at about a third of the cost of going to the dealership. If it were new and/or under warranty then by all means go the the dealership but otherwise google a local Lexus mechanic in your neighborhood and check him out on yelp etc.
Old 01-03-13, 11:02 AM
sennett0r
Driver

Originally Posted by LSGarry
At that year and mileage, I think it would be in your best interests to go to a qualified local mechanic that has specialized in Lexus before. For example, I found a Lexus certified master mechanic that had opened his own shop in Redondo Beach and he works on both my cars at about a third of the cost of going to the dealership. If it were new and/or under warranty then by all means go the the dealership but otherwise google a local Lexus mechanic in your neighborhood and check him out on yelp etc.
Thanks for the tip! I immediately found Lextech on yelp and here on CL and set up an appointment for this saturday!