I just picked up my LS430!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 03:44 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just picked up my LS430!

Since you guys were so helpful last time I have a few more questions,

Do all 04-06 LS430 come with the taillights with the white strip or is that aftermarket?

I'm planning on doing airbags, and some people say they have AUS airbags on (megan) coilvers or something.

Why have coilovers and airbags? Do you need both?

Does anyone recommend a certain airbag?

Also I will be using coilovers for a while until I have enough to buy airbags, does anyone suggest which coilovers? I heard Megan LP?

Thanks
Old 10-29-12, 04:11 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

Oh also, is there a way I can play music in my LS on my Galaxy S3?
Old 10-29-12, 05:16 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

All 04-06 taillights with the white middle strip are oem. As for coilovers/UAS bags so you can adjust how high or low you want your car after you empty all the air. Plus it'll help when you want to drive low and the ride still be comfortable.
Old 10-29-12, 05:58 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe you go.one or.the.other.. air suspension or coilovers, not both at same time. The taillights are LED so not sure what you mean by white strip. Finally, standard Bluetooth does not take music from phone. There might be aftermarket for music.
Old 10-29-12, 07:29 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
I believe you go.one or.the.other.. air suspension or coilovers, not both at same time. The taillights are LED so not sure what you mean by white strip. Finally, standard Bluetooth does not take music from phone. There might be aftermarket for music.
You can do both coilovers and air combo. Below is the setup in my old LS

Old 10-29-12, 07:44 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AznRacer
You can do both coilovers and air combo. Below is the setup in my old LS

Sup my fellow Vietnamese friend haha.

What coilovers do you have?

And what airbags do you suggest?

Do you need a certain airbag suspension in order to do both as a combo? Or any coilovers will be able to go with any airbags?
Old 10-29-12, 08:00 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hopppppa
Sup my fellow Vietnamese friend haha.

What coilovers do you have?

And what airbags do you suggest?

Do you need a certain airbag suspension in order to do both as a combo? Or any coilovers will be able to go with any airbags?
They are Megan LP coilovers with universal air suspension aero sport bags. The UAS bags will fit onto many different coilovers on the market. You can call them directly and they'll answer any questions
Old 10-29-12, 08:03 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

They are Megan LP coilovers with universal air suspension aero sport bags. The UAS bags will fit onto many different coilovers on the market. You can call them directly and they'll answer any questions
How much were your airbags? Do you like them? Where did you purchase them?

Also, how much did you pay for the coilvers?
Old 10-29-12, 08:25 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't speak much on aftermarket air since I am on OEM air...

But for the MP3 compatibility, I just use a quality tape deck mp3 player...I tuck the wire under the wood, and keep the wire inside the sliding pocket under the changer so you can't even notice it, and the quality is great including bass notes for aftermarket subwoofers.

I am sure I could spend 10 times the amount of money and tear apart my dash, but this will do for now.

If you are buying from scratch, my friend swears by Airrex coilover/bag setups...they come in one unit, specific to the car, and look great. But most people do UAS
Old 10-29-12, 08:50 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by C8V6C
Can't speak much on aftermarket air since I am on OEM air...

But for the MP3 compatibility, I just use a quality tape deck mp3 player...I tuck the wire under the wood, and keep the wire inside the sliding pocket under the changer so you can't even notice it, and the quality is great including bass notes for aftermarket subwoofers.

I am sure I could spend 10 times the amount of money and tear apart my dash, but this will do for now.

If you are buying from scratch, my friend swears by Airrex coilover/bag setups...they come in one unit, specific to the car, and look great. But most people do UAS
Where did you buy your tape deck mp3 player? Is it as good of quality as a CD?

How much are the Airrex coilover/bag setup? Is there a price difference between that and UAS?
Old 10-29-12, 09:43 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

How much were your airbags? Do you like them? Where did you purchase them?

Also, how much did you pay for the coilvers?
This setup is in my old LS which is now belong to my younger bro. I like the ride to be a little soft but he likes it a little firm. After many hours of trying different ride height with the adjustment of the coilovers we found a spot where he really like it. You will have to play around with the adjustment until you find that sweet spot. But overall he's happy now, the handling and the ride is very comfortable even when it's driven low.

I got the coilovers from our vendor CircuitMS paid $850 then. I don't know if the price went up or down but you can pm them for a price quote. As for all the bags parts I buy a lots of the from bagriders.com

Last edited by AznRacer; 10-29-12 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 10:29 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

This setup is in my old LS which is now belong to my younger bro. I like the ride to be a little soft but he likes it a little firm. After many hours of trying different ride height with the adjustment of the coilovers we found a spot where he really like it. You will have to play around with the adjustment until you find that sweet spot. But overall he's happy now, the handling and the ride is very comfortable even when it's driven low.

I got the coilovers from our vendor CircuitMS paid $850 then. I don't know if the price went up or down but you can pm them for a price quote. As for all the bags parts I buy a lots of the from bagriders.com
I just checked out the site you suggested.. there's way too many options, which one should I pick? lol
Old 10-29-12, 10:30 PM
hopppppa
Driver School Candidate

also just to check it out.. where can i purchase AUS bags?
Old 10-29-12, 10:43 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You should research and google stuff, instead of having someone feed you all the answers
Old 10-30-12, 03:49 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you buy your tape deck mp3 player? Is it as good of quality as a CD?

How much are the Airrex coilover/bag setup? Is there a price difference between that and UAS?
I will try to remember to check the brand next time I am in the car, but yes, even streaming Pandora in my car on the go sounds CD quality. I get no distortion even when blasting to my 2 JL12W3s and it is night and day quality vs radio.

Airrex is kinda pricey...off the top of my head, I think the strut/bag setups start at $2k+ and you still need to buy everything else. I have never used them personally, just stating that my friend loves their stuff on his ride and his bias is towards Airrex vs others

Quick Reply: I just picked up my LS430!