LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Read Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-12, 08:26 PM
stemirra
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Read Door Panel Removal

Hi. I need to remove a rear door panel to change out a blown speaker. I have easilly removed the front door panel with the help of the illustrations I found here. I could not find any for the "rear" door however. I was wondering if anyone can suply them OR if you can tell me in words where the clips/screws are. I think if it is similar to the front I could figure it out but IF there is some trick or something to be cautious of in the rear (like the ash tray light or similar thing) I would be greatful if you can share your knowledge. Many thanks, Stephen
Old 09-12-12, 08:03 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Stephen. Removing rear door panel is almost the same as the front. Three screws are on the bottom of the door under rubber molding (just like front) one under door handle molding (just like front), one under window switch panel (just like front) and one under a closing/pulling when you want to close the door handle (just like the front. Also if your car is a UL you need to remove sunshades for small back windows, otherwise you will not be able to take the panel off. To do that just pull on them hard, they are on metal clips.
Old 08-25-19, 06:43 PM
oldkystude
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yuri.ber
Hi Stephen. Removing rear door panel is almost the same as the front. Three screws are on the bottom of the door under rubber molding (just like front) one under door handle molding (just like front), one under window switch panel (just like front) and one under a closing/pulling when you want to close the door handle (just like the front. Also if your car is a UL you need to remove sunshades for small back windows, otherwise you will not be able to take the panel off. To do that just pull on them hard, they are on metal clips.
When I pulled off the small window sunshade the clips stayed on the door. They will need to be removed from the door holes and put back on the shade before reinstalling to get everything to fit correctly.

Also be sure to pry up only on the rear edge of the window switch/ashtray assembly as the front edge is hooked. Be sure to get your pry tool under the grey plastic and do not try to pry only on the wood plate. It took a lot of force but it popped free without damage.