Search this Thread

Old 08-02-12, 04:25 PM
VIPnsanity
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DataSystem Controller ASC680 Question

I installed the ASC680 controller on a 04 UL and according to this post:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-with-pix.html

the controller should show some Japanese characters then allow you to select the car upon initial start up. First time I turn it on, it shows 'Warning" and then goes to the ride height setting.

The only thing different I didn't do was hook up the speed sensor. According to my research, the speed senor connection is only to warn you of the speed before the automatic factory lower setting. I even tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power.

Anybody know why it's doing this?
The following users liked this post:
kkchoi (04-04-21)
Old 08-02-12, 05:27 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Controller shows "WARNING" (in red) everytime I turn mine on too, no biggie. You can still adjust your height and if you want "super low" mode you gotta press a button on the controller and hold it as you turn the car on. You're good man.
Old 08-02-12, 11:22 PM
VIPnsanity
Rookie

The first time you turned it on, did it show the Japanese characters and allow you to select your vehicle?
Old 08-02-12, 11:27 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to confirm, we.don't need to hook up the speed sensor portion? I read that somewhere else, but want to make sure before mine arrives soon!
Old 08-02-12, 11:57 PM
VIPnsanity
Rookie

My understanding is no. See fist post.
Old 08-03-12, 06:30 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

VIP if you bought it used from another LS owner it most likely was set to an LS and it didn't need it. If not and it works go with it! LOL, my next post is a good write up I researched.
Old 08-03-12, 06:30 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

ASC-680 INSTRUCTIONS

Button descriptions
Top left button: Mode button (switches between the setting modes)
Bottom Left button: Select button (switches between the settings in each mode)
Top Right button: Up button (change values up in settings, or in height select mode it switches between height settings)
Bottom Right button: Down button (change values down in settings, or in height select mode it switches between height settings)

Initial Screen
When you first plug it in, it should give message, then it will ask you to select your car. It gives the chassis number, and underneath that it says the car name in Katakana. Yours is the Ucf30 or 31 obviously. Press SELECT to confirm

Then after pressing Select, it will ask you to select between ホアンキジュンMODE and EXTRA-DOWN MODE. Should be obvious, but EXTRA-DOWN MODE is what you want. Lets you adjust while driving and lets you get lower. Press up/down to select this, then press the select button

Lastly it will give you the height setting screen

----
If you had already gone past that and want to change chassis,
With the ignition off, press and hold the Mode button while you switch the ignition on. You can then select the chassis, and ホアンキジュンMODE / EXTRA-DOWN MODE.
----
If you did the chassis correct and just want to set extra down mode
With the ignition off, press and hold the SELECT button while you switch the ignition on. You can then select between ホアンキジュンMODE and EXTRA-DOWN MODE.

If you selected extra down mode, when you turn the engine on, you will get a message on the screen that says "WARNING!!", otherwise it will have the R-SPec logo. The warning is there to tell you that you have selected an "illegal" mode, so just ignore it.

Mode Cycle
After the warning/Rspec logo, you get the height setting screen.

From there, if you press the MODE button, you go to the TEMS setting screen. Thats the shock absorber stiffness.

Press MODE again and you go to the VALVE MONITOR screen (lets you see what the valves are doing)

Press MODE again and you are in the HEIGHT MONITOR screen (see the current height of your struts)

Press MODE again and you are in the SPEEDOMETER Mode Press MODE again to go back to the height Setting screen....

i.e.

Height Setting screen
TEMS Setting screen
VALVE monitor screen
HEIGHT monitor screen
Speedometer screen
Back to Height Setting screen
---------------------------------

HEIGHT SETTING Mode
Display explanation
Top left - TEMS setting icon
Bottom left - Speed alarm
The 4 '=' type symbols around the centre number - height setting bar for each strut
M1 - height memory number
Display number in the centre is the height setting display

Under that in the manual it describes the Bargraphs. In EXTRA-DOWN mode you would look at the bottom left pic, which goes from L9876543210ABCDEF and FEDCBA0123456789

In the height setting mode, pressing UP/DOWN will select between NORMAL SELECT (normal mode), and M1-M5

Regarding the centre number: Thats basically the height setting of the rear struts.

This is the main screen you will be in. Press UP/DOWN to switch between memory settings...

To set a height memory...
In Height setting mode, on any given memory setting (M1~M5), press SELECT to start the edit mode.
* First setting is ALL STRUTS - Pressing up or down sets all struts at the same time
* Press SELECT again to switch to FRONT LEFT strut setting - press up/down to select a height
* Press SELECT again to switch to FRONT RIGHT strut setting - press up/down to select a height
At any point, press MODE to save the settings

Example:
Setting a height in Memory 3 to Front(5) Rear(3)
From M1 position, press up/down to select M3
Press SELECT.
Press DOWN to set all struts to 3.
Press SELECT
Press DOWN to get the front left to 5.
PRESS SELECT
Press DOWN to get the front right to 5.
PRESS MODE to save the settings

In order to do balance left/right, just set the front left and front right struts to the required values.

Note that to get into HYPER LOW DOWN mode (L on the display), when you get down to 9 on the height select screen, you need to press and hold the DOWN Button for 3 seconds

There are a bunch of warnings there but the resolution is too low to read them all
Something about under 10km/h
Something about going from hyperlow to normal mode taking more than 5 minutes
And something about not switching the ignition off while in hyperlow mode.

Also, after Hyperlow mode, in order to raise it you need to go to at least height setting 4 or above (i.e. 4,3,2,1,0,A,B,C,D,E,F). Or Normal Select Mode.

Valve monitor mode
probably doesnt need explaining
Note you can also see the valves in the main height setting screen - the pic in the centre is a little car, with the wheels on the top left right top and bottom

Heignt monitor mode
press up or down to select between having HEIGHT モニター displayed or not.

Note in the main screen you can also set it to show the current height instead of the height setting, by pressing SELECT for 2 seconds

Speedometer mode
From the main speedo display screen, press SELECT to set the alarm setting
Press up/down to set a speed, then press MODE to save the setting

From the main display screen press SELECT twice to set the warning setting
Press up/down to set a speed, then press MODE to save the setting
When you pass this speed, the backlight will change as a warning
The following 4 users liked this post by ultm8mind:
FortuneLS (04-15-18), mhussien32 (10-22-20), Rowdiggty (04-19-18), wiggy45 (10-18-17)
Old 08-03-12, 07:15 AM
TTBomB
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ultm8mind- thanks for posting. I could never find that info. Great post!!
Old 08-03-12, 02:33 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TTBomB
ultm8mind- thanks for posting. I could never find that info. Great post!!
no problem man, gotta share good info when I get a chance
Old 09-22-12, 10:11 AM
VIPnsanity
Rookie

Thanks ultm8mind, those instructions are spot on.

So I'm having a problem with the ride height.

With the datasystem controller installed, the passenger side would always be up all the way regardless of the setting on the datasystem controller was set to. The driver side would adjust according to controller. The rear driver side would adjust a little, but both rears were still high. Come to find out, the height sensor was set all the way up by the previous owner.

So I lowered all the height sensors all the way. Now the passenger side always sits all the way down regardless of the height setting on the datasystem controller. The driver side front will adjust according to the datasystem controller. The rear driver side adjust a little bit, but the complete rear stays low.

Basically the driver side will adjust based on the datasystem controller while the passenger side not so much. Anybody know why this is happening?
- The bags are holding air since all four adjust according to the height sensors manually (adjusting the rod).
- The compressor is working since all four corners are able to hold air and deflate.
- Could it be the passenger side height sensor be not responding?
- I think the previous owner knew something was wrong and didn't admit it. Who would adjust all four height sensors all the way up?
- How do I test to see if the passenger side height sensor is truly not responding?
- It's reading the height and makes an effort to adjust the heights. Shouldn't be the datasystem controller right?
Old 09-22-12, 08:09 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Disconnect the controller, jack car up, then put it down. Put it in drive(on flat surface), go five feet up, reverse 5 ft, do this a couple times(back and forth). Then hook controller back up. Sounds silly but that's how I fixed issue you're having...
Old 10-04-12, 02:20 PM
VIPnsanity
Rookie

Hmmm .... I'll have to try that later.

Right now, I have the driver side front lowered all the way, passenger side front little above half way, and both rears half way up evenly. So far, it's fairly leveled. Not perfect, but will do for now.

When I get time, I'll have to try that out.
Old 10-07-12, 11:37 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

So you're that low on Datasystems ?
Old 12-31-14, 04:11 AM
ls430vipch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, me again...

I got my ASC680 installed and it looks like it works!

But there is still a Problem

if i put the Car in superlow mode it looks so nice, if i would already drive on 20s it woud possibly tuck the rims

But aslong as i choose Level 8 or 9 the car is not really lower than original

Does somebody knows what could be the cause?

Greetings from switzerland and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Old 12-31-14, 07:11 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a really nice looking drop
Originally Posted by ls430vipch

Quick Reply: DataSystem Controller ASC680 Question