LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-12, 08:22 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default price

Originally Posted by Kira X
You got a great deal!

Maybe I should've held out for another three weeks before I bough mine. What color is the interior.
If this is the vehicle I.think it is, its a GREAT deal. It has the PCS also. I was about to see it on Tuesday, but could not see it and by wed, it was sold...: ( guess u snooze u lose.
Old 07-28-12, 09:24 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Year 2004
Color Black/Black
Mileage 80k
Package CL
Price 18,295
Date Purchased 5/4/2011
Condition excellent, no issues
Complete Lexus Service Records? yes, from day 1
Private Party or Dealer - dealer
How Long Did You Search? 30 days
City & State Witchita, KS
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) Ebay
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 07-28-12, 12:33 PM
98bpu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

year 2004
color blue/tan
UL
22k out the door
pretty good condition paint needs to be buffed out and the telescopic steering wheels is hit or miss.
so far i am loving it!
Old 07-28-12, 03:52 PM
toyo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What a beauty I just found this week.

Pearl
UL
100% Mint
Yes
Dealer
1 Week
Atlanta, GA
Old 07-29-12, 09:56 AM
Mavrick
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Yes, this was the Blck on Black UL in Teterboro. It does have the PCS, I was blown away as this car has every option offered. The UL2 package plus. I have to say flat out that Sylena Motorcars were awesome to deal with! Vitali and Barry are great people. Very hard to find this day and age.

I first saw this car July 18th and was astounded that this UL2 with ALL the service records at the Lexus dealer and was in for all the "recomended" services and then some. Some company in Naples Florida owned it and boy did they take care of it... sorry back to finding, I saw another LS430 in NY on Sat the 21st and boy what a wasted full day trip from Massachusetts. That trip however, proved to be the deciding factor for purchasing the one we did.

We decided on the ride home from NY that on Wednesday we would take the drive down and try to work out a deal. Once we took it for a drive we were sold. It had JUST been serviced at Lexus with 54K on it. The car had brand new brakes and rotors installed, new Michelin Primacy's installed (Love those tires and have them on our 03 Avalon XLS) and the whole car reviewed.

I couldn't have found a better car for the money. Side note: this was my 35th B-day present from my wife! What a present huh!?

Last edited by Mavrick; 07-29-12 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-29-12, 12:29 PM
AlexusAnja

Originally Posted by Mavrick
Yes, this was the Blck on Black UL in Teterboro. It does have the PCS, I was blown away as this car has every option offered. The UL2 package plus. I have to say flat out that Sylena Motorcars were awesome to deal with! Vitali and Barry are great people. Very hard to find this day and age.

I first saw this car July 18th and was astounded that this UL2 with ALL the service records at the Lexus dealer and was in for all the "recomended" services and then some. Some company in Naples Florida owned it and boy did they take care of it... sorry back to finding, I saw another LS430 in NY on Sat the 21st and boy what a wasted full day trip from Massachusetts. That trip however, proved to be the deciding factor for purchasing the one we did.

We decided on the ride home from NY that on Wednesday we would take the drive down and try to work out a deal. Once we took it for a drive we were sold. It had JUST been serviced at Lexus with 54K on it. The car had brand new brakes and rotors installed, new Michelin Primacy's installed (Love those tires and have them on our 03 Avalon XLS) and the whole car reviewed.

I couldn't have found a better car for the money. Side note: this was my 35th B-day present from my wife! What a present huh!?
Excellent... you mentioned "almost perfect"
so what was "wrong" with it?
Old 07-30-12, 07:09 AM
sajack
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Hey guys, nothing is mint condition or perfect unless it is straight from the factory brand new.
Excellent condition sounds more believable.
Old 07-30-12, 08:33 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

^^ Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if people just don't have a discriminating eye, or what, because I am an OCD nut job, and will pick apart a car with 2k miles on it and find flaws.

I looked at maybe 10+ of these cars and have never seen one I would call even remotely close to perfect. And that is to be expected given the age.

Mine is in very good condition, but there are still things I want to recondition, because as I mentioned I am OCD.lol
Old 07-30-12, 09:16 AM
sajack
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Cronic
^^ Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if people just don't have a discriminating eye, or what, because I am an OCD nut job, and will pick apart a car with 2k miles on it and find flaws.

I looked at maybe 10+ of these cars and have never seen one I would call even remotely close to perfect. And that is to be expected given the age.

Mine is in very good condition, but there are still things I want to recondition, because as I mentioned I am OCD.lol
DITTO! I've been lubeing the weatherstripping on mine today, and I live in humid Louisiana.
The only perfect used cars I have seen were show cars that aren't driven.
Old 07-30-12, 09:22 AM
Cronic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sajack
DITTO! I've been lubeing the weatherstripping on mine today, and I live in humid Louisiana.
The only perfect used cars I have seen were show cars that aren't driven.
Pretty much.

Even my "toy" car that has 8k miles on it and gets driven maybe 1k miles a year, and sits under a cover has a couple flaws, that 98% of people would miss but they bug me.

Not to mention I rarely see a car for sale that doesn't at least need a paint correction/full detail due to the condition of the paint. But again, I am super particular about swirls, to any degree, and paint defects. Every car I buy I get fully corrected IMMEDIATELY.

Honestly, it doesn't pay to be this OCD because I have a hard time enjoying anything. lol
Old 07-30-12, 08:56 PM
kazkut
Driver School Candidate

Year: 2002
Color: Mystic gold w/ ivory interior
Mileage: 117k
Package (ML or UL): not sure but not ul
Price: 10,800
Date Purchased: 07/26/2012
Condition: excellent
Complete Lexus Service Records: all it's life
Private Party or Dealer: dealer
How Long Did You Search? A week
City & State: Minneapolis, Mn
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.): autotrader
Old 07-30-12, 10:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
If this is the vehicle I.think it is, its a GREAT deal. It has the PCS also. I was about to see it on Tuesday, but could not see it and by wed, it was sold...: ( guess u snooze u lose.
An LS like that definitely would sell fast. It's a shame you missed out on it.

Originally Posted by Cronic

I'm the same way with my cars. Everybody seems to think my SC and LS are in perfect shape, but I see every single flaw and it drives me crazy.
Old 07-31-12, 05:39 PM
AlexusAnja

Thanks Kira. Yes, that LS went real fast. I saw posted on Craigslist Monday night, and Wed it was gone. I told my wife, I have to see if fast because it's not going to last to the weekend... And the worst thing, I'm local and got beat by the lucky birthday guy from Mass.

Hey, I have a very good LS already, I didn't feel too bad to have someone else enjoy the luxuries of the LS430 and expand our CL family.
Old 07-31-12, 06:14 PM
Mavrick
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Thanks Kira. Yes, that LS went real fast. I saw posted on Craigslist Monday night, and Wed it was gone. I told my wife, I have to see if fast because it's not going to last to the weekend... And the worst thing, I'm local and got beat by the lucky birthday guy from Mass.

Hey, I have a very good LS already, I didn't feel too bad to have someone else enjoy the luxuries of the LS430 and expand our CL family.
Thanks AlexusAnja, I am EXTREMELY happy about the score on this car. I can truly say I know how lucky I am to own this car. With the UL2 package and the LOW miles, this was a once in a lifetime chance. I am sorry you missed out on it but know that this Black Beauty is appreciated to the fullest. I first thought that there had to have been a mistake on the price and recorded miles. Much to my surprise, the carfax confirmed the miles and the ALL the service records at the Lexus dealer. I'm sure, like many others, I would only believe it if seen in person. This car is truly amazing. I know I said "almost perfect" but understanding that this IS A 2004, I feel it is beyond remarkable shape. I too am very critical of my cars but found this car to be in amazing condition. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to own a car of this magnitude. How many reviews, have we as enthusists, read that "many of us will never have the opportunity to own this car"?? We ALL must count our lucky stars to be in this category.

I still, even tonight on my drive home, find myself in disbelief of having the chace to own this car!
~ Mav
Old 08-03-12, 04:23 AM
Simmerman
Driver School Candidate

2002 LS430 - $9500
-183k miles
-Original owner
-Charles Barker Lexus maintained since day one
-Purchased May 2012 from older gentleman through Craigslist
-Overall condition is very good. Leather is a bit worn from the owner loving his dog
-Was looking for a car for about 3 weeks.
-Well I had already called about this LS430 but the owner said it was pending sale. Called me back about a week later and said the sale fell through and that it was still available. Well between that time period I had already put a deposit on a RL through Acura of West Palm Beach and within the next couple of hours was going to purchase my plane ticket. I scrambled to cancel the RL and within 48 hours I had a LS430 sitting in my driveway.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?