LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

moving to japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-12, 12:00 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default moving to japan

just found out i'm moving to japan next month... my car is for sale in the for sale section. not even looking to profit from the sale just not to loose any if possible.

needing to move the car by middle to end of may best case scenario.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...vip-style.html

PCS'ing and can't bring sand to the beach...

Last edited by sojah; 04-14-12 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-06-12, 02:12 PM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You going to part it out? I'd be interested in the visors, roof spoiler, and maybe wheels.
Old 04-06-12, 02:30 PM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Were going to miss you here on the forums!! send me a set of JDM side skirts!! lol have a safe trip
Old 04-06-12, 04:21 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Sorry to see you go Sojah, glws
Old 04-06-12, 05:51 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Ohh I won't be absnt from the forums. My plan is to buy a newer toyota crown majesta or nissan cima/president. I also would like to get another 04-06 LS430, but I only saw one 01 when I was searching online. I also have a set of wheels (vip modular VR01) on the way sized for an LS430 so this is also an encouragement to get another one

BTW I will be going back to okinawa where they have older cars, not the tokyo market.

Last edited by sojah; 04-06-12 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-06-12, 07:23 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default okinawa..

Originally Posted by sojah

BTW I will be going back to okinawa where they have older cars, not the tokyo market.
Good luck back there ... going to do any Okinawa karate?

Keep in touch on the forum...
Old 04-06-12, 08:10 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the PCS, I've been trying to get there since 99 when I joined the Army. You gonna hook some fellow Soldiers up with some deals from Yahoo Japan or Up Garage? Pm me on that and we'll shat it up. I know a guy there now but he's deployed to Afghanistan and I'll be PCS'ing to Ft. Drum NY and be in route to Afghan myself.... Lemme know if you can hook me up though bro...be easy, GLWS!!
Old 04-06-12, 08:41 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Good luck Sojah! Hopefully the move is beneficial for you.
Old 04-06-12, 09:10 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Wishing you best of luck with your move. Safe journeys.
Old 04-07-12, 01:32 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Good luck with your move and stay safe out there.

I'd love to move to Japan someday.
Old 04-07-12, 05:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i lived in okinawa from 02-04 during my 6 year stint in the air force and met my wife out there, although she is form osaka japan (lucky me ). but after getting out of the air force in 07 and starting to work for the army i had been trying to move back to okinawa since 2007 basically and it is finally coming true. it is like a dream for me so far since this has been my short, medium, and long term goal over 5 years and i just feel likes its not even happening. i guess when i have the orders and plane tickets in hand (hopefully next week sometime) i will believe it maybe when they start packing up my furniture i will believe it. maybe when i'm sitting at the airport about to fly over there i will believe it.

about buying and selling cars and car parts, i'm all for it, but am a little on the novice side of how it should be done. since i'm not plugged in on their side yet with the car community like i am here it will prolly take a couple months of getting back into the car scene over there and then i can start to find out the proper ways of doing it. i do know the best way is to fill up a shipping container full of stuff and send it on its way. i already have one shop on board for some items and possibly a car or two from these shipments but i need to get at least one or two more people/shops on board i figure in order to make it work out.

the problem is that with the exchange rate and shipping fees, that everything is crazy expensive to get from japan to the states presently. shipping by boat and container is the only cheap way. if there are any bulk buyers out there please speak up (PM).

thanks for all the best wishes. the hardest part is going to be getting our 2 cats out there and not having them have to sit in the pen (vet quarantine) for 6 months.

Last edited by sojah; 04-07-12 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-07-12, 08:18 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn bro, what a coincidence, lol, I did 4 years AF prior to crossing over to the Army. My dreams have been crushed longer than yours though, lol, I've been trying to get to Japan since '99. It has yet to happen, I was close once but someone re-enlisted for it right before I got into my window. By the stations you've been/going you sound like MI, am I right? I'd love like a 72 Skyline, those things are awesome, but most likely out of my price range, haha...
Old 04-08-12, 08:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Not MI, IT. I would love a 72 skyline myself

Hopee u get to japan 1 day.
Old 04-10-12, 04:54 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i did a car search the other day and couldn't find crap for decent cars in okinawa, then i had my wife do it in japanese last night and there are now some decent options but i'm still a little disappointed with the selection.

i know its a completely different car market over there but the majority of the cars (crown's and cima's) don't seem to compare to my current 05 UL.

so far the lead front runner is an 03 cima (q45) with some decent looking 19's but i would be putting my brand new vip modulars on it so i am hoping they will fit since i measured them out to be a very snug fit fo teh 05 LS430. the 03 cima is black on light khaki leather and has about 75k miles (i converted from km) and the guy is asking 8500$ (i converted from yen) as is with side visors, a lip kit, hid fogs and headlight conversions and some other small trim stuff, or 7500 to put back to stock. i was going to try to negotiate to 8k for everything next month if its still available.

best case scenario my wheels will fit perfectly then i will just do air susp or coilovers if it doesn't already have adjustable (height) suspension and cruise this thing around for 2 years since the tax (insurance and road inspection tax thing) is paid up for like 20 months on it.

for 8k you can't beat it, although the leather seats looks a little more worn in some spots than i would prefer.

i am ultimately looking for something with seat coolers but apparently only the celsior and the majesta have this in the jdm market and i can't seem to see any mention of this accessory in any of the majesta sales info, but maybe when i see them in person i can confirm this or not.
Old 04-11-12, 02:57 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

what do you think about my next car...

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/sprea...120228001.html

i'm looking for one like this, that actually just sold in the link below this...

http://www.goo-net.com/php/sales_rec...03820111214001

this one below is a steal and its a turbo, but an 01 and the tax thing is due on it in dec...

http://www.okinawa-mays.com/search/U10006.php?hi_skind=1&hi_stock=1:471800:15

13,500 with the exchange rate... ^ ^ ^ and only 33k miles...

Quick Reply: moving to japan