LS430 air freshener¿

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-12, 09:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS430 air freshener¿

whats a good air freshener for my LS430

anyone got a link to one i can order? i stopped by the auto store and they had 2 to choose from, so i went by my old full service car wash and they no longer sell any there

the auto shop had one that was like extreme cherry and the other was like summer hawaiian citrus or something. i almost bout the citrus one but feared i would just throw it out after smelling it, since it was sealed in a car and couldn't be smelled through the can... thanks,

ideally i want one that smells VIP worthy and not just an overpowering musky or fruity fake smell, and i know i can't be the only one with these requirements.
Old 03-27-12, 10:25 AM
VIPDrizzy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Squash is what i been using in all my cars forever smells great last long and its available in my location....
Old 03-27-12, 10:38 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I don't know if it is still offered, I saw these at the Lexus dealer in Kagoshima back in '08. They had smaller bottles at ~1890Y.
Attached Thumbnails -larma.jpg  
Old 03-27-12, 01:08 PM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
I don't know if it is still offered, I saw these at the Lexus dealer in Kagoshima back in '08. They had smaller bottles at ~1890Y.
What is that? "Lexus new car smell" in a bottle?
Old 03-27-12, 03:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RA40
dude, nice... now i just gotta get my wife to find some for me so i can order em'
Old 03-27-12, 04:32 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

is what most have....

I like to use..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Carall-G...ht_1589wt_1163
and leave it in the center console, when the air is on it helps to distribute the smell through out the cabin.
Old 03-27-12, 06:29 PM
Brewmyown
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a used car for my wife and it had a Yankee Candle freshener hanging in it, It was bought from a male and it smelled really good and subtle. They have vent sticks also.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/home-car/car-jar-ultimate
Old 03-28-12, 11:41 AM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Order the Griots leather spray.... smells awesome. A while back we had this discussion and someone had the idea of soaking a sponge in it and placing it in the drawer in front of the passenger seat.
Old 03-28-12, 01:00 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i used to regularly clean my leather and the scent actually always made the car smell good, well my wife mentioned about 4 months ago that since she had known me (8 years) that my car had always smelled like that specific leather cleaner and for the first time it didn't. i realized that i am not cleaning my car as regularly as i used to and now need to resort to an air freshener. the car is still clean looking, but the leather isn't as smooth and it doesn't smell like it used to.

thanks for the info, i think i will be ordering the csx one from above and used to get these back in japan at the autobox but haven't seen them in the states in a long long while.

ordered,, thanks and i was actually picturing this dang cs-x3 when creating this thread and couldn't remember the name just the vague memory of what cs-x3 thing looked like.

Last edited by sojah; 03-28-12 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-28-12, 05:20 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I've found that if you use the Lexus cleaner and follow with the Lexus conditioner, that it smells new again.
Old 03-29-12, 10:40 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sojah

thanks for the info, i think i will be ordering the csx one from above and used to get these back in japan at the autobox but haven't seen them in the states in a long long while.

ordered,, thanks and i was actually picturing this dang cs-x3 when creating this thread and couldn't remember the name just the vague memory of what cs-x3 thing looked like.
you don't even have to buy the complete set... only need the refills and throw them in your center console. you'll be good for a few months
I like the round glass ones too, has the the same smell but last much longer than the CX3s. Just limited as to where you can put it....
Old 03-29-12, 11:01 AM
agibson
Driver School Candidate

Default Febreeze

Just purchased the new Febreeze car air freshener. Sadly to say, it does not smell as good as the normal product used for fabrics. I have to keep the vent blower on low because the scent is too strong even when the clip on is attached to the rear vents between the front seats.
Old 03-29-12, 03:55 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

^ throw them in your center console on the top shelf. it'll distribute just enough and help last a little longer.
Old 03-29-12, 04:52 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

that is a good idea.
Old 03-29-12, 05:53 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
that is a good idea.
I dont think it is, unless you plan on leaving your armrest up and open all the time. Otherwise youll basically have an extremely fresh, strong smelling center console and maybe a hint of that smell lingering in the rest of the car.

It also wont last any longer this way, itll last the same amount of time only it will be wasting away in a location where you cant smell it.

Quick Reply: LS430 air freshener¿