LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Official aggressive wheel stance thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-12, 07:25 AM
VIPDrizzy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official aggressive wheel stance thread

I have been looking but haven't found much I used to own an evo and they had a thread similar to this. The point was to consolidate the info into one thread. Rules just post pictures of your set up and then list the wheel and tire spec and fender work needed no questions or comments this is an information thread for new comers to come and see quickly where to start. Mods are welcome to delete if this is up already just didn't see anything.

Any one want to start this thing off??
Old 01-21-12, 07:28 AM
VIPDrizzy
Driver

Also feel free to add your suspension info as well
Old 01-21-12, 09:20 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think you will get some pics of aggressive setups, but it seems as though the wheel specs and fender mods as well as any other modding to make it fit is like proprietary information lately. it seems like its a secret only to those who care to put in the time and effort to achieve the look.

i'm in the middle on this subject personally and don't mind sharing my trials and tribulations with those seeking the knowledge to achieve a similar look but a lot of people really don't like giving out all of the details of the finished product i've noticed.

i found a website a long time ago called rim tuck that really helped me http://www.rimtuck.com/ and also i have a celsior book from japan with an entire 150 page issue dedicated to the wheel & tire / offset / mods combos available to the 01-06 celsior or LS 430 rather, this issue has been a godsend for me when making wheel & offset recommendations and choices of my own.

the book is "ONE & ONLY: Celsior vol. 2" I believe the Celsior line is One & Only's series 66 on the book shelf of any Japanese book store. This book/issue is basically the thread you are requesting to be made but in a magazine/book form and with all high quality japanese vip'd out cars... i'd say like 90% of the 150+ celsiors in that issue are all complete vip cars, not just rims and a drop i'll see if i can get my wife to find a link to the book later and post it up for you guys to ponder¿

Last edited by sojah; 01-21-12 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-21-12, 01:25 PM
VIPDrizzy
Driver

That's really depressing I would have thought that the community was designed to help one another granted I totally understand why someone would not care to share just seems silly not not be willing to help on a forum. I'm going to look into that book and try to find a copy it would be great if u found a link. I really do appreciative you taking the time to respond I appreciate it.
Old 01-22-12, 10:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I'll have to see if I can locate that book. I don't see too many aggressive wheels on the LS/Celsiors outside of the ones in Japan.

I've seen a few on here. A member on here by the name of Gato has an amazing stance on his LS.
Old 01-22-12, 11:53 PM
notserp
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sad to say but ive asked this question many times... but like what sojah said peeps dont like to share this kinda info
Old 01-23-12, 03:29 AM
JasonRN87
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I plan on not going too aggressive with my wheels when the time comes, because it seems that achieving that perfect agressive stance (which I absolutely LOVE) takes a lot of time, money, patience, and trial and error, which is why the ones that achieve such greatness can be reluctant to share their exact setups.

On a side note, Gato's LS is IMHO one that all 430 owners can look up to. That car is truly a masterpiece.
Old 01-23-12, 01:45 PM
F.Brown
Rookie

Hey VIPDrizzy, here's pretty much what you’re asking for: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ve-wheels.html

As I've learned (still a VIP noob), a lot of factors are involved in deciding how aggressive "your" wheel setup should be. It’s a start, but someone just giving you specs is not going to give you what you want. You'll need wheel specs, tire sizes, static or air setup, coilovers (some coils don't adjust as low as others), ride height, info on fender mods (rolled, cut, pulled, shaved), etc...

For example, I'm not going any more aggressive than 20x9 (F) 20x10.5 (R) lowered on Tanabe coils. I think that's aggressive but my homie rolls way more aggressive with totally different coils, different ride height, and different fendor mods. I’m rolling on the black wheels and he’s sitting on chrome. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...s-k-break.html

I see that you live in TX, those guys (waijai, junjdm & GATO) down there have some of the best VIP platforms around. I'd suggest you get with those guys at a meet http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/11/family-affair/ and maybe you'll get the information you're seeking. VIP at its finest; GATOs whip: http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/01/f...-futura-ls430/

If anyone finds a link to that book please let me know, I'm interested in perusing it as well.

Last edited by F.Brown; 01-23-12 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-23-12, 02:28 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

dude ^ ^ ^ are you ever gonna update us with that teaser thread you started ^ ^ ^

tell ay-nako i PM'ed him just now if you happen to talk to him. thanks,
Old 01-23-12, 03:32 PM
F.Brown
Rookie

Sojah, the homie Ay-nako started the thread so I can't update it...only he can. I'll post some pictures in about a month or so when my K-Break KB-Sniper mufflers arrive and get installed. SMH...I hate the process of waiting for new parts.
Old 01-23-12, 03:39 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i hate waiting too. i bought david's old wheels from whoever he sold them to, but now i'm looking at refreshing them up a bit and doing some fender modding in the process
Old 01-23-12, 03:43 PM
F.Brown
Rookie

Originally Posted by sojah
yeah i hate waiting too. i bought david's old wheels from whoever he sold them to, but now i'm looking at refreshing them up a bit and doing some fender modding in the process
Nice....I love those wheels! I wanted them for my car!
Old 01-23-12, 04:15 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

who are you guys getting K*Break merchandise from?
Old 01-23-12, 04:52 PM
F.Brown
Rookie

Waijai, I got my K-Break kit from Kyoei (http://kyoei-usa.com/) and I ordered the KB sniper muffler from Fizz (http://www.renderphase.com/fizzautos...he-states-now/).

I met the owner of Kyoei, Jin Ueno, in person and he is as cool as they come in this community and great to do business with. This is my first purchase from Fizz but its been a good experience so far.
Old 01-23-12, 05:47 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

F-beezie I guess I should say thank you for that link, however now I will need to come up with more money to fund getting my alltime fav kit (k-break) for the LS430.

Quick Reply: Official aggressive wheel stance thread