LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Enquiring minds want to know? (lower ls for VIP with coil overs)

Old 12-27-11, 01:52 AM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enquiring minds want to know? (lower ls for VIP with coil overs)

I am looking at starting a VIP/stanced LS 430 project, I don't wanna do bair bags for lowering, I'd rather do coilovers, what is the consensus around here for brands you guys might be using and get the lowest?
Old 12-27-11, 02:13 AM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BC Racing - Extreme Low gets the car to lay frame and you can get custom spring rates.

I currently have regular BC's and the rears will only get low if you adjust the preload, same with megans.

Keep in mind when working with VERY low cars static, you will need to consider drilling front upper shock tower out for UCA clearance, shorten the knuckle, or deal with the banging of UCA against the shock tower.

Powered By Max should have their coilover coming out soon...check on vipstylecars for more info.

What size wheels did you plan to run? And how low do you want to be?

Mine on BC's currently.
Old 12-27-11, 05:50 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is mines which is lowered on BC racing coilovers. it is on 20's in this pic... i have a lot of room left in the coilover for lowering, but this is as low as i can stand to drive presently on this offset setup

Old 12-27-11, 06:09 AM
clarkpark
Driver School Candidate

finally 30 posts!
Old 12-27-11, 07:29 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

hey mr doback, looks like you could use some spacers there ^ ^ ^
Old 12-27-11, 11:24 AM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Sojah, those rims are looking on point man!! Liking them against that color
Old 12-28-11, 10:17 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

car is looking good, but whats that white sticker on the small window?
Old 12-28-11, 11:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

its a bar code sticker to get into my baller *** neighborhood... nah seriously i hate it but the non ballin *** folks in charge of the HOA said i gots to have it cuz i can't be bothering the guards to manually open the gate everytime i want to come into my baller *** neighborhood.

i tried for about 3-4 months to get around it and they finally told me to either move out or put the damn sticker on my car. now i constantly feel like i'm riding around in a rental car,, a ballin *** rental car

and thanks for the ballin *** comments.... ^ ^ ^
Old 12-28-11, 05:07 PM
Ezay
Driver School Candidate

Mr.Doback ...so that banging noise everytime I hit a bump is the uca hitting the shock towers ?
Old 12-30-11, 08:28 AM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Originally Posted by Ezay
Mr.Doback ...so that banging noise everytime I hit a bump is the uca hitting the shock towers ?
Yep.

Sojah - i got some alloy to fill that space. Waiting on my upper control arms so they will fit.
Old 12-30-11, 12:21 PM
LophatRX
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not sure what wheels, yet, probably some old school wheels from Japan. I am very picky about the look cause I wanna try to do something noone else has done. Right now I have some 18 inch Huff wheels from an VW GTI, on my 09 XB, I get a lot of looks and props for the look and with the adapters I am running the are very flush. And I am on TEIN coilovers. For my LS 430 project I probably run some deep dish wheels, maybe some 22's.
Old 12-31-11, 05:37 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

22's are too big to achieve a good vip look in 99% of the applications weve seen on these forums.

@dobak we need to meet up at a meet sometime in the near future, i want to check out your car and i'd also like to finally meet selah777 too. i'm guessing your both in nova right? i don't FB but i try to hit up a few of the local meets in the neloc section. i never see much LS love though at any of the local stuff i go to so i'm trying to get some LS support so we can show those little ricer IS's whats up
Old 01-01-12, 05:24 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by LophatRX
I am not sure what wheels, yet, probably some old school wheels from Japan. I am very picky about the look cause I wanna try to do something noone else has done. Right now I have some 18 inch Huff wheels from an VW GTI, on my 09 XB, I get a lot of looks and props for the look and with the adapters I am running the are very flush. And I am on TEIN coilovers. For my LS 430 project I probably run some deep dish wheels, maybe some 22's.
22"s look too big on a stock body LS430 from what I've seen. 19" or 20" wheels would look good.
Old 01-01-12, 05:27 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

How is the ride quality on the BC coilovers? I was looking at possibly getting a set of BC's for my SC300 and maybe even for the LS too. I would hate to kill the LS' awesome ride quality with rough riding coilovers.
Old 01-01-12, 08:03 AM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Kira - all depends on how low and how you want your wheels to fit. My BC's ride great in my opinion with 12k f and 8k rear rates, however I am thinking about jumping to 26k/22k.

Car rides very smooth, the boatyness is eliminated and feels much more precise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Enquiring minds want to know? (lower ls for VIP with coil overs)