2004 Bluetooth behaviour question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-11, 09:14 AM
Yaff
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2004 Bluetooth behaviour question

Hi Guys,

I paired my Blackberry with the car no problem. When I dial out, the handfree takes over the car audio only when the other party answers (I don't hear the ringing and most always miss the beginning of the conversation).

Is there a way to hear the ringing as well?

Thanks.
Old 09-04-11, 09:56 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try and see if you can transfer contacts to the car. My iphone did the same thing until I stored in contacts. Whenever I dial one of my contact numbers now, it rings and I can hear the other person when they initially pick up.

Now, if you have a newer phone then it might not transfer the contacts onto the older Lexus bluetooth interface. To successfully transfer (or what I did anyway), break out one of your older phones with bluetooth. I found my old Motorola Razr laying around and simply put all my contacts I wanted to transfer onto that phone. Once you do so, go into bluetooth and select the transfer contacts option. Then, click your contact that you want to send and hit 'send contact via bluetooth' or w/e your phone says. That should allow you to add the contacts (albeit one by one), so I only added family and a few friend (people I frequently call). This also allows you to see their name instead of a random set of numbers everytime they call.
Old 09-04-11, 10:21 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine does the same thing where i don't hear anything until they answer or the machine and i miss like the first 3-4 seconds. it really sucks when the line is busy cuz the thing won't let you know at all.

as far as i've read on here there are only a few cell phones that would ever transfer contacts and i heard of people buying that phone just to import their contacts to their ls430. the razr is one of those phones. mines never worked or at least i couldn't get it to work (old g1; haven't tried my g2 yet).
Old 09-04-11, 10:43 AM
Yaff
Driver

Thanks guys. I stored my car in winter (taking off the battery) I was wondering if it was not some dumb default setting.

I didnt have that problem with my previous blackberry. For which I did transfer the phone book in the car. Numbers are still there.

I'll try to retransfer with the new BB and see if it works.

I recall seeing here a way to enabled/tweak hidden features that are supposed to be only done by the dealer. I wonder if there are any tweaks for the bluetooth and if yes how to access them?

Those tweaks can be set via the computer link but it also can be done manually if you know the magic button combo to enable the menu.
Old 09-04-11, 11:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you talking about the volume --> upper left, lower left, upper left, lower left

this is my new fav after the old up up down down left right left right b a select start, or the even better 'justin bailey' technique
Old 09-04-11, 12:07 PM
Yaff
Driver

Transfering the address book didn't do the trick :-(

Sojah, are you just kidding?

I could swear I've entered few years ago in some secret menus after following a specific button sequence. I can't remember how. If you know how to do it, please tell.
Old 09-04-11, 12:13 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The bypass listed by sojah only works on software versions 5.2? and earlier.
Old 03-08-12, 10:15 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

HI, everyone.
I thought it would be better to use an existing thread rather than start a new one.
Please let me know if this is not the best way to go.

I have a Samsung GS505 phone which works quite well with the integrated BT in the LS430.
I can upload the entire phone book, and I can also upload individual numbers.
Everything seems to work nicely... except (you knew there was an exception coming :-)
Some (perhaps 25%) of the phonebook numbers are grayed out and therefore cannot be set as one-touch numbers. Very annoying.
I can't see any pattern of differences between the "good" numbers and the greyed-out ones, but there must be something that I have done when creating the phone book on the cell phone.
Has anyone run into this?
Old 03-12-12, 05:08 PM
Yaff
Driver

Originally Posted by Gene01
HI, everyone.
Some (perhaps 25%) of the phonebook numbers are grayed out and therefore cannot be set as one-touch numbers. Very annoying.Has anyone run into this?
Yes this is for your own safety. Mine does the same only for girl numbers.
It has been programmed by your wife to prevent you from one-finger-touching the competition.

Sorry... I couldn't resist. I have no idea why you have this issue.

Maybe someone with less humor and more knowledge can help you out.
Old 03-12-12, 05:45 PM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, but I did NOT get the Tiger Woods option with my phone. :-)
Must be some other explanation.
Old 03-12-12, 06:31 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Not all cell phones may be compatible with the car. Lexus site has a listing available of phones by provider that are compatible. Suggest you check that list before assuming something is wrong.
Old 03-13-12, 09:57 AM
Gene01
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, jayclapp.
I checked the official list, and found that my phone (along with many, many others) had "not been tested".
I think it is not a compatibility issue (at least not an obvious one), because I can do all the expected functions without a problem - transfer an individual number, transfer the phone book, make a call, receive a call, etc.
I only have two issues:
1. The volume is low on transmit. I plan to spend some quality time with the BT configuration menu to fix this.
2. Some of the contacts are greyed-out. I have not yet figured out what is the difference that causes it.
I was hoping that someone else had run into this, but it looks like I will be the pioneer with the arrows in my back :-). I will post the answer here when/if I do get it resolved.