LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

why do people lower the 430?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-11, 10:06 AM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..

b/c all cars looks 100x better lowered.... all u need is money and knowledge to do it properly.....also wider wheels than stock wheels will change the whole appearance of the car stance...
Old 03-03-11, 04:52 PM
JockMe
Driver School Candidate

That's the going to be my first mod. Does anyone have a hookup with air force suspension?? Or know of any other hybrids coil/bag system???
Old 03-03-11, 05:06 PM
yangins
Driver School Candidate

The look less wheel gap
Old 10-08-12, 08:39 AM
tahiles
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's purely looks.

The Toyota engineers have drawn from 100 years of automotive suspension deisgns when they did the 430 suspension. Did they sacrifice cornering for comfort? Absolutely!

But if you think for one minute you can do a better job then they did AND (here's the key) maintain the proper geometry so all the suspension components work in unison as designed, you're wrong.

You will ALWAYS be sacrificing one thing for another. In this case style over substance. If it's more important to you to look cool than to ride in supreme comfort, then that's your thing and I'm not knocking you for your choice. After all it's your car and your money.

Just don't try to tell me you "improved" the suspension unless you're head of R&D for Lotus.
Old 10-08-12, 09:48 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

The reason I'm lowering my LS is because the front of the car has a massive gap between the fender and wheel. It looks really stupid on with my factory 18"s.

If the fender gap wasn't so big, I would've left my SC and LS at stock height.
Old 10-08-12, 11:01 AM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Different strokes....

Some people keep their cars 100% stock and can be completely happy.

Other people are sick in the head....and no matter what, they can't drive a stock car. Wheels, suspension, interior, everything can be made personable and better...and cost a lot of money in the process

I've been lowering cars since highschool....the very first car. No plans to stop anytime soon.
Old 10-08-12, 11:41 AM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JockMe
That's the going to be my first mod. Does anyone have a hookup with air force suspension?? Or know of any other hybrids coil/bag system???
Check out AIRREX Suspension.
Bag an coil system this mite be the route i'll be taking in the future.

http://airrex-usa.com/applications.html

As for lowering the LS i do it cause i wanna break necks when i pass people on the streets lol
Old 10-08-12, 05:19 PM
sajack
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 71 Posts

I love my stock ride height LS430 with stock 16" wheels and the correct tire for which it was designed. I enjoy one of the finest riding, quietest, most comfortable cars ever made. I also don't have to slow down to a crawl at railroad tracks and drive-over curbs. I haven't ruined the resale value of my car either. Why would I want to attract the attention of every homeboy on the street anyway?
If I want handling and something low to the ground, I can take my Mazdaspeed MX-5.
I have the best of both worlds.
Old 10-08-12, 06:36 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sajack
IWhy would I want to attract the attention of every homeboy on the street anyway?
Everybody knows that the lower your car is, the more homeboys you attract....

But that's why we do it. We need it for street cred.... Thug life homie...better learn that. These streets will murda you son...betta recognize
Old 10-09-12, 04:41 AM
sajack
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 71 Posts

Another benefit of having the 16" OE wheels, nobody is gonna steal 'em!
Old 10-09-12, 08:56 AM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by C8V6C
Everybody knows that the lower your car is, the more homeboys you attract....

But that's why we do it. We need it for street cred.... Thug life homie...better learn that. These streets will murda you son...betta recognize
HAHA!! It's rough out here!! gotta do what you gotta do!! haha
Old 10-11-12, 04:14 PM
campisi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL. We all have different visions for our cars. I have 17" stock wheels/tires on my car but I, at one time, went to - EGAD! - 16" combo to see if I could make it even more comfortable. No discernable difference to me at least so I sold off the 16's and went back to stock 17's. I don't think I'd ever lower my car (though I think it can look pretty good if done in the right amount) but I'm old. You kids have fun with your cars - and stay off my lawn!
Old 10-11-12, 05:13 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

20's on bags is how I wanna roll...got the 20's, and after this next Afghanistan deployment I hope to have the money to buy bags, lol...
Old 10-12-12, 04:13 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by campisi
LOL. We all have different visions for our cars. I have 17" stock wheels/tires on my car but I, at one time, went to - EGAD! - 16" combo to see if I could make it even more comfortable. No discernable difference to me at least so I sold off the 16's and went back to stock 17's. I don't think I'd ever lower my car (though I think it can look pretty good if done in the right amount) but I'm old. You kids have fun with your cars - and stay off my lawn!
I've always thought the LS looked fine at stock height with the factory 16"s and 17"s. It's hard to beat the factory ride quality too.

My neighbors have a black LS with chrome 16"s and it looks amazing to me. My LS has the factory 18"s and it looks really goofy.
Old 10-12-12, 11:06 PM
stemirra
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saddle wald weds kranze vishunu I still have absolutely no idea what these words mean and have NEVER EVER EVEN ONCE seen a lowered LS430 that looked better lowered or with big aftermarket rims/low profile tires than factory (in fact the only place I have ever seen them is here on this site, never in person). I always feel sorry for the car and think to myself what a shame that was once such a nice car. I know I can't be alone here with this thought. Doing this absolutley lessens the handling, quietness and comfort of the car and I can not think of any other major $$$ investment that you can make to a car that in the end will never increase it's value or in fact severely limits it's marketability making such a wonderful car appeal to so few in the market for one if it is ever to be resold). That being said to each his own and you must do what makes YOU happy. I just don't get it though.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android

Last edited by stemirra; 10-13-12 at 02:42 AM.

Quick Reply: why do people lower the 430?