LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rear camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-11, 05:36 PM
Mr.Doback
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HiloDB1
Zero info? I posted pics as well as my alignment specs But I guess that accounts for zero.

As for toe it will be a limiting factor when the stock adjustment can no longer compensate for the negative camber. At what point I do not know as what I have its a non issue.
Oh, I should have read your post more thoroughly, I didn't know that was the after with the control arms, since I pulled the same at my height without.

Old 08-04-11, 09:39 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

working on the toe arms and to make sure we get some miles on the first set of protos. Also need to mod some of the bracketry for final release.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 08-05-11, 12:24 AM
ray123
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So we looking at about a month or two for full release
Old 08-05-11, 12:55 AM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
working on the toe arms and to make sure we get some miles on the first set of protos. Also need to mod some of the bracketry for final release.
I want toe arms
Old 08-17-11, 11:44 AM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so I see the link and the postings about the prospective newly engineered part but here's my question:

1) How do you know what size lateral arm you already have? (Other than the obvious of getting underneath the car and measuring it.)
2) Are there any other peripheral parts that will need to be addressed when replacing the lateral arm with a different size?
3) Logically you would think that if you replaced the lower arm with a 5mm longer arm it would allow for an added 5mm of negative camber because it pushes out the lower portion of the wheel but have these numbers been actually confirmed and has anyone actually done this? I see that lowered430 has installed an adjustable set but I'm curious to know how this compares to the OEM options with the different sizes.

If I'm wrong in my thinking in any way please tell me, I just want to know what can be done to increase the negative camber and allow for a more aggressive offset.
Old 08-17-11, 12:51 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
Ok, so I see the link and the postings about the prospective newly engineered part but here's my question:

1) How do you know what size lateral arm you already have? (Other than the obvious of getting underneath the car and measuring it.)
2) Are there any other peripheral parts that will need to be addressed when replacing the lateral arm with a different size?
3) Logically you would think that if you replaced the lower arm with a 5mm longer arm it would allow for an added 5mm of negative camber because it pushes out the lower portion of the wheel but have these numbers been actually confirmed and has anyone actually done this? I see that lowered430 has installed an adjustable set but I'm curious to know how this compares to the OEM options with the different sizes.

If I'm wrong in my thinking in any way please tell me, I just want to know what can be done to increase the negative camber and allow for a more aggressive offset.

i put in 5mm shorter arms and it reduced the negative camber some and it took away 5mm of clearance at the top. the only math equation here is how many mm is 1 degree of negative camber worth? but in my opinion who cares about degrees of camber? all i care about is if it clears or not. it it barely rubs then i see it like maybe you need to add a few mm of extra clearance.
Old 08-19-11, 09:22 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Ok so I ordered the longer lateral arms and it did make a difference but in spite of it being 10mm longer I really can't confirm that it increased the clearance on top by the full 10mm... nor can I confirm that the camber adjustment allowed for 10mm more inward movement at the top of the wheel/tire where it meets the fender. Just thought I'd share this with you guys.
Old 08-20-11, 03:31 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_LS_430R
Ok so I ordered the longer lateral arms and it did make a difference but in spite of it being 10mm longer I really can't confirm that it increased the clearance on top by the full 10mm... nor can I confirm that the camber adjustment allowed for 10mm more inward movement at the top of the wheel/tire where it meets the fender. Just thought I'd share this with you guys.
the longer than stock arms are only 5mm longer than stock, so you will have increased your top inner fender clearance by only 5mm, this is most likely why you do not notice a big difference. on that site with the 3 length choices,, the middle size is the stock length.

i have the 5mm shorter than stock arms and it did in fact take away 5mm of space over stock.
Old 08-30-11, 04:47 PM
912inc
Lead Lap

Any idea when everything will be ready to go?
Old 08-31-11, 02:52 PM
04_LS_430R
Pole Position

Well after closer inspection it appears that the "longer" arm actually only moved the rear part of the wheel out and increased the toe angle. It did seem to increase some of the clearance but not by much and not too noticeable either. I'm hoping that this part that Fig is working on will make a difference. I'm also curious to know how to adjust the negative camber... is that possible or does it require replacing additional parts too?
Old 10-05-11, 11:47 AM
912inc
Lead Lap

Any updates?
Old 10-05-11, 06:23 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

I will put the finishing touches and get parts ordered in the newxt few weeks. Just a lot to do to get everything in line. Also working on the Toe link verification.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 10-12-11, 06:15 PM
912inc
Lead Lap

So when everything is said and done, what's going to be available for the LS430?
Old 10-12-11, 06:30 PM
HiloDB1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When its all said and done Mr Figs will have - camber, toe, track and sway end links for the rear. Who knows he may even have a UCA for the front.
Old 10-13-11, 02:40 AM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much longer before its all said and done? ijs....i want camber!!

Quick Reply: Rear camber adjustment