LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Flint Mica LS430s

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-11, 06:36 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these ls430's in the US market cannot have the fogs on without low beams 'unless' you change up the wiring diagram. i just took mine over to a car stereo install shop and they did mines for about an hour of labor.

i will have to get a good shot of the fogs + drl's only when it is not completely daylight. i think at dusk & dawn + or - an hour is the best looking for the 7kish DRl + 3k hid fogs combo. these fogs actually put out a lot of light that is actually usable and i am very very pleased with how they turned out. gotta love science

BTW my wifes sister lives in queensland and we haven't been able to get ahold of her for a few days now. she is usually heavy on the internet and hasn't replied to any emails for 3+ days. i am guessing that means no electricityż i just read more bad weather is headed there again
Old 01-02-11, 09:08 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fergo308
Not trying to brag or anything,but I do think we have the best colour combo that the car came out with. next best would be the silver with black IMHO. I don't see a heap of 430's on the road here,but the majority on the 2nd hand market are the champagne/tan combo and I wouldn't be caught dead in one with that scheme. It just screams old age pensioner. My missus digs me occasionally with calling the car I drive now 'the old man's car',I'd never hear the end of it if I'd bought one in champagne. Being in my mid 30's,I'm getting a bit old for sports cars,but aren't quite in the usual demographic for a 430 just yet...

Talking weather,ours has been crazy.. 20deg c and raining one day,and 36deg c and sunny the next. It was almost 30deg c this morning when I was out working on the missus' pathfinder,and now that I've just had dinner,it's cooled right down,and is raining...

Justin...
I agree that we have one of the best combos. My friends like to give me crap sometimes and call it an "old man car" as well, but I pity them when they have to drive around in Pontiacs and Plymouths. I am 21, so I am a bit young relative to the avg owner's age, but since I am running insurance off my parents a sports car would be out of the question. Besides, the LS430 is the perfect all-rounder: luxury you can appreciate everyday with the power of a sports car!

The weather here has been odd as well, I recorded a low of 10 deg F (in my car) and it was 43 deg F all day yesterday...and it's snowing this morning (right now as I'm typing this).

Originally Posted by KENBAKER12
I Just got mine 3 weeks ago, Flint Mica with Black leather. Mine has the 18" wheels, radar cruise control, double pained glass, Nav, parking sensors..... I dotn remember the name for it but its the package just under the Ultra. This is my fourth LS. I havent owned one for three years, never realizing how much I enjoy them. Nice to see such enthusiasm for these cars.
Car looks fantastic and welcome back! Great find. How many miles are on it?

Originally Posted by sojah
these ls430's in the US market cannot have the fogs on without low beams 'unless' you change up the wiring diagram. i just took mine over to a car stereo install shop and they did mines for about an hour of labor.

BTW my wifes sister lives in queensland and we haven't been able to get ahold of her for a few days now. she is usually heavy on the internet and hasn't replied to any emails for 3+ days. i am guessing that means no electricityż i just read more bad weather is headed there again
I'm gonna have to check that out sometime, I suppose once I change the DRLs and fogs (which are both a lot more complex than I thought they would be!!).

Weather has been weird here in MI as well. One day it's so cold you'll get frostbite without a jacket and the next it's warm enough so that you don't need a jacket to go out at all...and all the snow melts. Then, it's snowing again...all within a week...god I love this state
Old 01-02-11, 01:11 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

the lights are really not that complex, and if it is a little more than you bargained for take them all to a stereo install shop and have them wire them all up for you. shouldn't cost more than like $300 for all parts and labor.
Old 01-02-11, 02:55 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I miss my Flint Mica 430 (pics below) sometimes and this thread brought back some memories.

BTW very nice looking Flint Mica's to all the owners!!!!

Last edited by Tee; 01-02-11 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-02-11, 03:09 PM
Tee

^ ^ ^ yeah you were correct, i guess i shouldn't be drinking and posting for a lack of clarity, or hungover and posting to correct my original mistakes... the fogs were upgraded to hid's and then i changed out the bulbs last week from 6k to 3k cuz my little sis got me some 3k bulbs for christmas...

not the best pics but here you go:

Sojah I see you still modding, I just did the same with my fogs HID 3K very usable over the yellow Halogen bulbs I was using. Also 6K lows.

(2 different exposures) showing the HID fog beam pattern of useable light vs a halogen bulb light output.

Old 01-02-11, 04:55 PM
fergo308
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will have to get a good shot of the fogs + drl's only when it is not completely daylight. i think at dusk & dawn + or - an hour is the best looking for the 7kish DRl + 3k hid fogs combo. these fogs actually put out a lot of light that is actually usable and i am very very pleased with how they turned out. gotta love science

Some more pics of the lights would be great.

Fingers crossed that your sister in law is ok. There's a LOT of flooding up north at the moment,with many areas currently inaccessible. I haven't been watching much of the news,but what I have seen looks like it's under control. People have been evacuated and the emergency services are on the job.

Justin...
Old 01-02-11, 05:47 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
I miss my Flint Mica 430 (pics below) sometimes and this thread brought back some memories.

BTW very nice looking Flint Mica's to all the owners!!!!
Thanks! Your LS430 was absolutely stunning!!!!!. I love those rims, reminds me vaguely of the ones on the R8 V10. Your 460 is very nice as well, have you done anything customization to the 460 yet?
Old 01-02-11, 06:00 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Thanks! Your LS430 was absolutely stunning!!!!!. I love those rims, reminds me vaguely of the ones on the R8 V10. Your 460 is very nice as well, have you done anything customization to the 460 yet?
Thx! Nothing major done on the 460 just tint, HID fogs & 6K lows. Next on my list LED's interior light's and wheels.
Old 01-02-11, 08:57 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
Thx! Nothing major done on the 460 just tint, HID fogs & 6K lows. Next on my list LED's interior light's and wheels.
Good stuff, you have chosen an awesome color combo for your 460 btw. At first glance your paint looks dark blue (from your pics anyways), but it's black (with a hint of blue?). The tan interior complements it nicely.
Old 01-03-11, 04:47 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

TEE: yeah man you have great taste in LS 4** color combo's. the lights look pimp as hell on ur 460, sorry i couldn't find anything reasonably priced for you in japan thats just the way they roll i guess ($$$ or ĄĄĄ rather ). good to hear from you again TEE.
Old 01-03-11, 05:34 AM
Tee

Good stuff, you have chosen an awesome color combo for your 460 btw. At first glance your paint looks dark blue (from your pics anyways), but it's black (with a hint of blue?). The tan interior complements it nicely.
Thx again! It is hard to see the color but low light the car looks black, in the sun a dark blue with fblue flakes.

Better pics here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-a-new-ls.html
Old 01-03-11, 05:40 AM
Tee

TEE: yeah man you have great taste in LS 4** color combo's. the lights look pimp as hell on ur 460, sorry i couldn't find anything reasonably priced for you in japan thats just the way they roll i guess ($$$ or ĄĄĄ rather ). good to hear from you again TEE.
Thx buddy and I appreciate you looking out for me!
Old 01-03-11, 11:49 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Tee: Sry to hear about your 430. It really was exquisite! Glad to hear you're ok with no personal injuries and that you got to upgrade out of all this!
Old 01-04-11, 04:29 AM
Tee

Tee: Sry to hear about your 430. It really was exquisite! Glad to hear you're ok with no personal injuries and that you got to upgrade out of all this!
Thx Carguy, it all worked out with a nice ending and I'm very thankful for that!
Old 01-04-11, 10:58 PM
4drferio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice colorrr

Quick Reply: Flint Mica LS430s