Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LS Models > LS430
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LS 430 Door Lock Actuator Tutorial

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-13, 02:03 PM   #121
BizEagle
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430 View Post
There are so many scratches on the motor. I am guessing it must be a used motor from junkyard or something. Anyways it is not available anymore.
Are you saying the photo on the vendor's web site showed scratches on the motor housing?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
BizEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 07:17 AM   #122
LazyAccent
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 122
Default

Hmm, thats odd, the link still works. Also when I got the motor it was packaged in original packaging and brand new. There were no scratches or anything and everything functions perfectly now. If it was indeed scratchy I wouldnt care, Im not looking at the door lock motor anyways haha.

Last edited by LazyAccent; 08-21-13 at 07:22 AM..
LazyAccent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 08:56 AM   #123
BigWalt
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
BigWalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: tx
Posts: 133
BigWaltFTW ProperCrab
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyAccent View Post
Hmm, thats odd, the link still works. Also when I got the motor it was packaged in original packaging and brand new. There were no scratches or anything and everything functions perfectly now. If it was indeed scratchy I wouldnt care, Im not looking at the door lock motor anyways haha.
It was a direct fit or did you have to file it? My pass side door needs to get done
BigWalt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 04:18 PM   #124
BMW7_LS430
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BMW7_LS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalt View Post
It was a direct fit or did you have to file it? My pass side door needs to get done
It looks like it is a direct fit. I would have preferred this instead of filing. I don;t think I did a good job filing it but it works so I am not going to change it now.
__________________
____________________________________________
Custom Luxury Mercury Metallic LS430 with Black Interior


Fram Sure Drain Valve for sale on classifieds http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gene...rain-plug.html
BMW7_LS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-13, 05:07 PM   #125
BizEagle
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 12
Default

I need to replace the motor in my driver door (LS430 '03). I am a really good backyard mechanic but I would much prefer not to file the shaft.
BizEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 05:51 AM   #126
Lexnewbie
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3
Default

Question for the old pros here: in the past week three of my 430's actuators appear to be on the blink - during the heat of the day. At night and in the morning they work beautifully.

What are the chances that 3 actuators would simultaneously fail and then simultaneously begin to work.

Having read the thread, I've pretty much convinced myself that this CAN happen - given the Arizona member's problems with his old motor housing/new armature/heat of the sun separating the two phenomenon. But what are the odds?

(Doors in question are the driver, front passenger, rear passenger.)
Lexnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-13, 07:31 AM   #127
BMW7_LS430
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BMW7_LS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexnewbie View Post
Question for the old pros here: in the past week three of my 430's actuators appear to be on the blink - during the heat of the day. At night and in the morning they work beautifully.

What are the chances that 3 actuators would simultaneously fail and then simultaneously begin to work.

Having read the thread, I've pretty much convinced myself that this CAN happen - given the Arizona member's problems with his old motor housing/new armature/heat of the sun separating the two phenomenon. But what are the odds?

(Doors in question are the driver, front passenger, rear passenger.)
Each actuator is separate and they have their own motor. What you said is possible but it happening with all three at the same time everytime is like odds of a lottery.
Check battery under the hood.
__________________
____________________________________________
Custom Luxury Mercury Metallic LS430 with Black Interior


Fram Sure Drain Valve for sale on classifieds http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gene...rain-plug.html
BMW7_LS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 04:20 AM   #128
lexie430
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430 View Post
Each actuator is separate and they have their own motor. What you said is possible but it happening with all three at the same time everytime is like odds of a lottery.
Check battery under the hood.
Anything's possible, but it's the driver's door that usually goes first, since it goes through 2 cycles every time you double click to unlock all doors.
lexie430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 11:38 AM   #129
groomerz
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
groomerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Il
Posts: 59
Default

i think it is possible. there are 2 sce3narios 1 that the motors are not working correctly or that the slide contact inside the actuator is the problem . The door lock control module actuates the lock motors until the slide contacts signal open or closed locked or unlocked. When problem occurs try manually moving lock to other position and see if it will then go back via power. if so motor might be ok and the contacts could be not changing signal from lock to unlock (open or closed switch) th heat could be causing the grease on slide switch to interfere with the connection ot the contacts to lose their spring tension. somewhere in this thread there is an explanation of the slide contact switch signals .. i replace a motor and had a slide contact problem Just my 2 cents
__________________
His 2002 LS 430 base Mystic Gold/Tan interior
Hers 2009 Rx350 AWD, NAV Matador Red/Grey int
groomerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 01:07 PM   #130
Lavrishevo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,320
Default

Do you guys know if the door lock actuator is different if my car as the easy close option? My driver door is starting to act up and I am working on getting the dealer to send me the part under warranty but I am confused if the part is different from models that do not have this option.

I believe this is the part number:

6912050030

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...912050030.html
__________________
2004 LS430 UL
1999 LS400

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 09-10-13 at 01:34 PM..
Lavrishevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 06:50 PM   #131
BMW7_LS430
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BMW7_LS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavrishevo View Post
Do you guys know if the door lock actuator is different if my car as the easy close option? My driver door is starting to act up and I am working on getting the dealer to send me the part under warranty but I am confused if the part is different from models that do not have this option.

I believe this is the part number:

6912050030

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...912050030.html
I recently fixed my driver door and I have automatic door close option. See photos I posted few posts back.

I am not sure about the part number but I think it is about $900 or so. Part you linked may not be the right one.

It is not too bad of a DIY if you read this whole thread thoroughly and take your time doing the fix with a $5 dc motor.
__________________
____________________________________________
Custom Luxury Mercury Metallic LS430 with Black Interior


Fram Sure Drain Valve for sale on classifieds http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gene...rain-plug.html
BMW7_LS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-13, 04:30 AM   #132
Lavrishevo
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
Lavrishevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430 View Post
I recently fixed my driver door and I have automatic door close option. See photos I posted few posts back.

I am not sure about the part number but I think it is about $900 or so. Part you linked may not be the right one.

It is not too bad of a DIY if you read this whole thread thoroughly and take your time doing the fix with a $5 dc motor.
I have been reading about the Mabuchi motors. I'm not against this at all but since I am not paying for the part myself so I am going to take advantage getting the OEM assembly. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and this is the part they listed for me. Did you pay $900 for the part? Lexus of South Atlanta prices are about the most competitive I have seen so I know they beat out other online sources but $900 sounds outrageous.

Edit:
I did go ahead and order two motors off Amazon to have as backups for any other doors. for $22 it can't hurt.
__________________
2004 LS430 UL
1999 LS400

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 09-11-13 at 05:41 AM..
Lavrishevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-13, 07:01 PM   #133
BMW7_LS430
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BMW7_LS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavrishevo View Post
I have been reading about the Mabuchi motors. I'm not against this at all but since I am not paying for the part myself so I am going to take advantage getting the OEM assembly. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and this is the part they listed for me. Did you pay $900 for the part? Lexus of South Atlanta prices are about the most competitive I have seen so I know they beat out other online sources but $900 sounds outrageous.

Edit:
I did go ahead and order two motors off Amazon to have as backups for any other doors. for $22 it can't hurt.
I just fixed mine with a $6 motor. I ordered 2 just in case to have one as a back up.
While I was researching my options I had come across $900+ price for the actuator that goes with automatic door closure LS430 but I can't find the reference now. I did a quick search again and your price sounds more correct (Checked rockauto).
__________________
____________________________________________
Custom Luxury Mercury Metallic LS430 with Black Interior


Fram Sure Drain Valve for sale on classifieds http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gene...rain-plug.html
BMW7_LS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-13, 04:03 PM   #134
69charger
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ca
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavrishevo View Post
Do you guys know if the door lock actuator is different if my car as the easy close option? My driver door is starting to act up and I am working on getting the dealer to send me the part under warranty but I am confused if the part is different from models that do not have this option.

I believe this is the part number:

6912050030

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...912050030.html
What exactly is the part you are looking for? The locking actuator is actually a plastic case in the door that houses the easy closer mechanism and the locking devices, many, many parts. Lexus sells only the entire case w/ closer for about $930.00. Tell me exactly what symptoms you're having, maybe I've had the same. 1969charger
69charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-13, 06:20 PM   #135
BMW7_LS430
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
BMW7_LS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69charger View Post
What exactly is the part you are looking for? The locking actuator is actually a plastic case in the door that houses the easy closer mechanism and the locking devices, many, many parts. Lexus sells only the entire case w/ closer for about $930.00. Tell me exactly what symptoms you're having, maybe I've had the same. 1969charger
Thanks for backing up my $900+ price claim.
__________________
____________________________________________
Custom Luxury Mercury Metallic LS430 with Black Interior


Fram Sure Drain Valve for sale on classifieds http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gene...rain-plug.html
BMW7_LS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-13, 06:20 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
04, 2004, 430, actuator, club, door, is300, lexus, lock, ls430, ls430door, mabuchi, motor, problem, solenoid

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$26 diy VS $1,800 at the dealer. Door lock actuator Alex818 SC 430 16 09-21-14 04:53 PM
1997 LS400 Door lock actuator motors DanKLS400 LS400 1 11-23-13 12:17 PM
2005 LS 430 Easy-Close Drivers Door Lock Actuator hklinker LS430 6 10-28-13 07:44 AM
RX330 Door Lock Actuator DIY JamesInJax RX - Second Generation 9 10-17-13 07:38 AM
Door Lock Actuators (another DIY) Alphaman19 GS - Second Generation 14 06-05-13 05:02 AM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info