LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Considering a LS430, please give me your input!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-10, 05:50 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's good to know! When I got the 328, the dealer refused to give me a hard copy of service records saying that it was a privacy issue I told them I just wanted then services, not the name of the prev owner. They still refused... This dealer does seem like they really want to work with me though. It's a 200 mi drive for me so I hope that it's worthwhile lol.
Old 08-16-10, 05:54 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^
What service is shown on the service history on Lexus.com?
Old 08-16-10, 05:58 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yes, before I forget, is there anyone here who has had experience with Lexus of Merrillville in Merrillville, IN? If so, or if you live nearby would you mind taking a look at the 2006 CPO LS430 they have with modern lux and 18in 5 spoke wheels? I would like to know how it looks in person. If you are relatively free and might want to go for a quick drive, that would be even more awesome! I know that this is asking a lot, but if someone is reading this and would be willing to help me out, I will forever be indebted to you!

Thanks!
Old 08-16-10, 06:06 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
^^
What service is shown on the service history on Lexus.com?
The online service history on Lexus.com is somewhat helpful but its very abbreviated. If you can get full print-out's of the service records from the dealer, you get to see everything that was done, along with service recommendations the dealer may have made to the owner that may or may not have been performed.
Old 08-16-10, 06:19 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I just took a look at the online service. It appears that the car has been serviced religiously, once every 5k miles. It even has had its 60k service recently! It does say a few odd things, like "FRONT/REAR BODY", "NON WARRANTABLE OPERATION CODE", and "FRONT AXLE".

Thanks again for that cool tip about going on the Lexus website! Makes me more confident in this car.
Old 08-16-10, 06:45 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Yeah, a lot of the notes in the service history can be rather cryptic or incomplete. Sometime, I'd like to see a service note that reads something like "Owner is more picky than my Aunt Mildred."
Old 08-16-10, 07:28 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, a lot of the notes in the service history can be rather cryptic or incomplete. Sometime, I'd like to see a service note that reads something like "Owner is more picky than my Aunt Mildred."
Lmao! That would be absolutely hilarious. Don't worry, they might say that when I come around. I am always polite to the techs and SA's but I am also quite picky
Old 08-17-10, 06:36 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Keep in mind that all used cars will need repairs. Make sure you don't spend all your money getting into this car and have nothing left over for unforeseen problems that are not a result of poor routine maintenance. For example; outside mirror replacement, telescopic steering motor failure, speaker replacement, power seat problems... while these issues may not happen, it's always good to have some money set aside to cover things that could go wrong.
Old 08-17-10, 07:07 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

^^^
If he buys CPO, all of the above items should be fixed for free if they occur, right?
Old 08-17-10, 07:40 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Keep in mind that all used cars will need repairs. Make sure you don't spend all your money getting into this car and have nothing left over for unforeseen problems that are not a result of poor routine maintenance. For example; outside mirror replacement, telescopic steering motor failure, speaker replacement, power seat problems... while these issues may not happen, it's always good to have some money set aside to cover things that could go wrong.
^^^
If he buys CPO, all of the above items should be fixed for free if they occur, right?
Yeah I'm looking into CPO in case of these problems. To be honest, the private sellers usually have around the same miles and maybe 1-2k cheaper. I have bumped into some ok deals, but they are very far away from me (at least 200+miles). I also need to get rid of my current car, so I will probably just do a trade-in if my private sale doesn't give me anything in the next week or so. I would rather go the CPO route for peace of mind. The particular one I'm looking at has been serviced every once every 5k miles and has had the big 60k mile service completed. I probably won't have to shell out too much from this to the next big 90k service. I drive roughly 8-9k miles/yr so that's a good 3+ years from now. In the meantime, anything else that may go wrong should be covered by warranty. Lexus say they will not pay for wear and tear things, but will cover expensive things like any type of failure in the engine or transmission.
Old 08-17-10, 07:44 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Here's another non-CPO unit in the Chicagoland area:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 08-17-10, 07:47 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Here's another non-CPO unit in the Chicagoland area:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Looks promising. Low miles and a good price. Will wait for pics. Thanks man you have consistently been a huge help to me!
Old 08-17-10, 08:02 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

^^^
Don't wait. Call the dealer and they will send you pics.
Old 08-17-10, 08:53 AM
lexuslspro
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you think about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 08-17-10, 09:16 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexuslspro
I definitely spent a fair amount of time drooling over this beauty! It looks so shiny. Has anyone ever bought from here? No CPO or nav though, so although it's very lightly used, the asking price is way too high to justify the car. It does look so pretty though.

It also does worry me a bit that an 06 has been sitting around is much. 14k miles in 4 yrs means just a bit more than 3k miles/yr. A lot of maintenance yet to be done, plus I have less than 1k miles before I have to take it in for a 15k service.

The paint is very nice on that car, but black in general is hard to take care of. Thanks for the suggestion though, I do appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Considering a LS430, please give me your input!