LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I'm Not a Violent Man ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 01:05 PM
slclexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Not a Violent Man ...

... by nature, but today I could kill someone. Literally. And specifically the guy who decided the mint '06 CL 430 I spent eight months looking for as my GF's next ride was something he just had to mess with. We've only had this car for five damn weeks!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!

It appears (forensics is a forte of mine) that this "person" saw our unblemished 430 and with considerable force and malice repeatedly pounded the rear bumper and cladding with a ball peen hammer and knocked off a sensor for the coup d' grace.

Probably 2K worth of damage.

P.S. And no, no known enemies. My GF and I get along spectacularly well with everyone in both our neighborhoods and places of work. This was a random "You've got something nice and I don't" act of violence.

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 07-20-10 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-18-10, 01:57 PM
chris81964
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone ran a shopping cart into mine and I felt as upset as you. You can imagine how many blood vessels I would have popped if someone took a hammer to my car. I keep reminding myself it is only a car.
My sympathies and I hope the person that damaged your car gets theirs.
Old 07-18-10, 02:01 PM
LexFather

Very sorry to hear. Its a shame some people have no regard for peoples personal property
Old 07-18-10, 02:04 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The world is full of envious people. Where was this parked?
Old 07-18-10, 02:58 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Man that sucks. I get angry just reading about it.
Old 07-18-10, 03:28 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

So sorry to hear someone vandalized your car. I feel for you. Get it fixed good as new and don't look back.

The &^%head that did that to your car will have to deal with his own Karma sooner or later...so just forget about him and let his fate and his own internal demons take care of his worthless azz.

The best revenge is a well lived life.
Old 07-18-10, 05:22 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel your pain man. I had something similar:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...d-run-cry.html
Old 07-18-10, 06:48 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile I feel your pain!

I have had this happen to me several times over the years. Deep scratches only forces could have made. Well, you may think(sometimes people act as if they like us but, secretly hate us) people in your community and your girlfriends like you but, trust me. You never can tell. This is one of the downsides of owning a car like a Lexus. The average person doesnt know if its a 1998 or 2010 Lexus, they just know its a Lexus and some folks key your car.

Its always possible some person dislikes you or your girlfriend and your unaware of it. Funny to me that I always feel most people say there happy for you when you get blessed but, they aren't! I feel for you mainly because of the cost to repair and hope your insurance covers the damage! L.G.N.M

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 07-20-10 at 04:22 AM.
Old 07-18-10, 06:57 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

That's messed up. I would be totally bummed and angry if that happened to me. I hope the repair goes well. If you have some pics of it, you should share them.
Old 07-18-10, 08:12 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Sorry to hear about your incident. All I can say is think Karma.
Old 07-18-10, 11:07 PM
SteveM
Driver

Protecting vehicles can leave a person feeling helpless because it's impossible to constantly supervise them. I know how you must feel. I recently thoroughly enjoyed having the police charge a cowardly bestid with hitting and running my ES300 after he had his lawyer tell me they wouldn't own up to it the easy way. I laughed and smiled in the end.

I would imagine someone who would do something like that has some problems, isn't enjoying their life and their prospects aren't reassuring either They have caused you a short and temporary period of distress but chances are their bad situation is more permanent. You get the last laugh by living well while they likely continue their downward spiral.
Old 07-19-10, 06:31 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree SteveM with ALL you stated. People are sometimes unhappy and other times just mean spirited I THINK( I dont know what causes them to do these things to peoples cars new or Luxury) they just need help. They make medicines for some problems but, I dont know if this requires medicine.

I think TV and the way the USA and western world has become has done this to our fellow humans who have done what we consider classless. People attach who they are on a scale based on cars and homes as well as jewelry and last but not least $$$(money)! Our cars no matter LS400 to the newer LS460 represent a dream for most. Iv'e heard the term "favor ain't fair" and used it myself. I will stop using it today. What does it tell a person who cant and may never attain a Lexus/BenzAcura/BMW/Jag/Audi? What does favor have to do with things? Were all to blame for the ills of our small place in this universe but, bad actions towards innocent people despite the car or home owned is uncalled for and should never be tolerated.

When people stop seeing things as symbols of what measures happiness and worthiness then we will have less jealousy that creates what has happened to me several times and other members as well. Damage to our cars intentionally is a sign of unhappiness and misery and thats sad and I'm past angry, I'm concerned. Hope the best to the member who started the thread and hope the cost isn't to high.

L.G.N.M
Old 07-19-10, 07:36 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

My sympathies for you. I think this is a perfect example of the power of evil. This person did an intentional act and walked away laughing and will probably not even think about it again. But, he has taken control of your feelings and it will be hard to get over it.

God bless.
Old 07-19-10, 10:36 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slclexus
... by nature, but today I could kill someone. Literally. And specifically the d**k-less POS who decided the mint '06 CL 430 I spent eight months looking for as my GF's next ride was something he just had to mess with. We've only had this car for five damn weeks!

ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!

It appears (forensics is a forte of mine) that this "person" saw our unblemished 430 and with considerable force and malice repeatedly pounded the rear bumper and cladding with a ball peen hammer and knocked off a sensor for the coup d' grace.

Probably 2K worth of damage.

There isn't much else to say, but if I'd caught this a**hole in the act I'd have put him in either the ICU or a coffin. Not to get all macho, but I'm ex-Special Forces and go 6'-2" and 280. And when I get this mad, I become a very, very bad citizen.

I'll stop now ... it's not my nature to get this angry. So I apologize to the more sensitive among our group here.

I'm going to stand in a cold shower for an hour.

Thanks for listening and letting this old soldier vent.

Best,

Doc

P.S. And no, no known enemies. My GF and I get along spectacularly well with everyone in both our neighborhoods and places of work. This was a random "You've got something nice and I don't" act of violence.

Some jerk did this to my car at the parking lot at work where I park as far away from everyone as possible. This happened 2 months after I bought the car.
Attached Thumbnails I'm Not a Violent Man ...-0127001450.jpg  
Old 07-20-10, 01:00 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Sucks...I feel your pain. I've had a range of incidents as well.

What really peeves me is just because it is a "Lexus", "MB" or "BMW"...peeps think the driver is always rolling in $$ and an damage is of little hardship. I got that line not long ago when I was talking about having the bumpers repainted. The guy said...you drive a Lexus, you have $. I was WTF... Completely clueless young guy who's parents spoiled him and working is of little consequence because they still give him an "allowance".

Quick Reply: I'm Not a Violent Man ...