Print Wikipost

HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 10:20 PM
martycus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ceedub53
I am admittedly, late to this discussion so forgive my question if it has been asked previously. Using LED's in the LS430, does this ever give false "bulb out" messages since the voltage may differ slightly from normal bulbs?
I replaced my trunk tail lights using the T10 bulbs and I do get the "Taillight Out" message.

The same T10 bulbs were used for map, puddle, trunk and while I haven't done it yet, the mirrors.
Old 08-18-14, 07:49 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

These Philips Load resistors are great at solving "light out" errors:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/philips-le...-p/12956x2.htm

Steve
Old 08-27-14, 08:49 PM
bhbiv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bhbiv
I just bought a 04 430UL and there are other vanity lights in front of the rear seats. Anyone know the size bulbs these are? Also was trying to get a visual schematic of all the bulb sizes and locations for the interior. Thanks guys
update of the vanity lights
Attached Thumbnails HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s-lex-int-mirror.jpg  
Old 09-09-14, 10:33 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

I just ordered and received door puddle lights which will project the Lexus logo on the ground when the doors are opened. They are a neat looking unit, complete with a new lens and two plug-in leads, which should just replace the current assembly. However, I can't seem to find a way to remove the existing assembly. I have tried prying at all four sides, trying to see the clips that hold them in place. I don't want to break anything, as I may want to replace them if I don't like the logo ones.

Has anyone removed these puddle lights and if so, could you please help me?
Old 09-09-14, 11:53 AM
SaleenS7
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey friend,

I replaced my puddle lights with the new LED bulbs a couple weeks ago. I found a couple of them to be aggravating because when I went to pop out the lens with a screwdriver it brought the entire unit out of the door on accident. The assembly is held in place on opposite sides of the assembly by clips. Just use a wide flat tip prybar or screwdriver on both sides of the assembly and use an even amount of force on both sides as you pry it out.
Old 09-09-14, 02:10 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SaleenS7
Hey friend,

I replaced my puddle lights with the new LED bulbs a couple weeks ago. I found a couple of them to be aggravating because when I went to pop out the lens with a screwdriver it brought the entire unit out of the door on accident. The assembly is held in place on opposite sides of the assembly by clips. Just use a wide flat tip prybar or screwdriver on both sides of the assembly and use an even amount of force on both sides as you pry it out.
I actually need to remove the complete assembly, as the units I have will replace the entire thing. It sounds like you accidentally removed the entire unit on a couple of them and only removed the lens on the other two.

The units I have to replace have a plastic "clip" on one end and a flat tab on the other end, indicating that you would slide the rear end of the unit into the hole and then push the front end down until the clip is caught or snaps into place. This plastic "clip" is pretty rigid with not much flexability.

I really want to remove the complete unit, but wasn't having much success and was afraid that I might have to remove the door panel (which I don't want and won't do).

Thanks, and do you have any further comments? Oh, by "sides", do you mean the top and bottom or front and back?
Old 09-09-14, 06:21 PM
SaleenS7
Driver

I see, it seems like I misunderstood what you meant. I would have thought they would be one and the same housing that holds the bulb.

My comment about the sides was meant as the front and back as opposed to top and bottom of the unit. Hopefully someone else that has done this project will be able to help.
Old 09-12-14, 09:26 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

I finally got my door courtsey light assemblies out and then installed the ebay (Chinese) assemblies that project the Lexus logo on the ground. I really had to be more agressive in getting the assemblies out than I wanted to be. The clips are on the front and rear and fit so tight that is is difficult to get a screwdriver under the clips. Once they were out I found they have a connector that unplugs from the assembly. The projector assemblies have to line that just plug into the cars connector. Snap it in place and it's done. They really look nice and the logo is very crisp and sharp. For $25.59 for 4 units including shipping, how can you go wrong?
Old 09-18-14, 01:14 PM
Zodiac
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bhbiv
If anyone is ever wondering. The vanity/mirror bulbs are 6441 & the map lights are BA9s.
Took me forever to find what they were.
Thanks for the vanity bulbs info. Instead of getting the 6441, I got 10 pcs of 6641 led off ebay for $6 shipped from China. They arrived within a week. Installed 8 pcs (2 fronts and 6 rears) and do they look great.
Old 05-13-15, 05:27 AM
Owczar
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anybody knows how to replace leds on radio player and multidisplay buttons?
Old 05-14-15, 06:55 AM
Owczar
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesterday I disassembly radio and multi display unit. I have found that is quite easy to replace bulbs for led on radio, but on the display there will be a problem.
Old 05-18-15, 10:31 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Thanks for the vanity bulbs info. Instead of getting the 6441, I got 10 pcs of 6641 led off eBay for $6 shipped from China. They arrived within a week. Installed 8 pcs (2 fronts and 6 rears) and do they look great.
I'll second all of that - I searched on "6641" on eBay and was the only bidder on a 10-pack for $5.99.
Not sure if there is a material difference between the 6641 and the 6441, but the 6641 seems to work fine.

Now, on to the T10 W5W bulbs - from this thread, it looks like there's 10 of them in the car:
1 in each side view mirror, 1 in each door, 2 in the trunk and 2 lighting up the license plate.
Is that it for the T10's? Or are there other locations?

There sure are a variety of T10's on eBay.
Some are 35mm long - did anyone encounter any clearance issues?

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 05-19-15 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-14-15, 11:42 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Any good guide on taillight removal?
Old 02-12-16, 10:59 AM
ray316
Driver School Candidate

ive gone through the whole thread and tried searching but what bulbs does the sideview mirror puddle lights use?
Old 02-14-16, 04:40 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ray316
ive gone through the whole thread and tried searching but what bulbs does the sideview mirror puddle lights use?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...placement.html

Quick Reply: HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s