Print Wikipost

HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 11:50 AM
Intercept
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default led mirror puddle bulb

will the t10 w5w led 6 "wide" angle bulb fit ? didn t realize wide bulb till after purchase
Old 04-17-13, 12:22 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Intercept
will the t10 w5w led 6 "wide" angle bulb fit ? didn t realize wide bulb till after purchase
Its not the actual bulb that is wide, the light output is wider meaning it will cover a greater area.

Danny
Old 04-22-13, 09:11 AM
Intercept
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Its not the actual bulb that is wide, the light output is wider meaning it will cover a greater area.

Danny
:facepalm:

Thanks looked different in photo, but that makes me more stoked for the setup thanks again
Old 09-25-13, 09:18 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

RomanTPA: When you say "Trunk, puddle light, mirror and license platte: T10 W5W bulb", you should note that the side mirrors (90981-11051), front/rear taillamps/license plate (00234-00192) are 5 watt bulbs, while the 4 under-door puddle lights/2 interior trunk lights (00234-00194) are 3.8 watts (per 2002 factory spec anyway).

Which are the brightest bulbs that fit in the 2 trunk light and 4 under-door puddle light enclosures?

1) "Ultra Power LED (White) Wedge Bulbs" or
2) "Wide Angle 12 LED (White) Wedge Bulbs" or
3) "Wide Angle 6 LED (White) Wedge Bulbs" or
4) "25 SMD LED (HID White) Wedge Bulbs" but these seem too big - did you try them?

Or is there a better source for bulbs now?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-13, 06:43 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

"brightest" doesn't mean that you can use the bulbs. Make sure to check the length of the LED bulb as some 360 style LED bulbs are brighter, but considerably longer. We have seen cases where these bulbs do not fit, or create too much heat and burn out.

Steve
Old 09-26-13, 08:42 AM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

Steve: I agree, which is why I asked "Which are the brightest bulbs that fit in the 2 trunk light and 4 under-door puddle light enclosures?"

Basically, I find the trunk and under-door puddle lights too dim, and I want bright bulbs in there that fit, won't create too much heat, and will last a long time. Can anyone link to specific bulbs that meet these criteria?
Old 09-26-13, 12:40 PM
Frankg2
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since puddle lights are within the discussion... I'm hoping someone might be able to lend some advice. I was attempting to upgrade my side mirror bulbs to T10 5w LED's. I carefully removed the lens from the driver side and swapped the bulb out. Before reinstalling I tested the bulb and it did not light. I removed/reinserted and it was randomly coming on like a loose connection. Unfortunately I bought the bulbs from eBay, low price and they felt that way. The bulb to base connection was loose, so I messed with it a little, trying to ensure a good connection. Now nothing works. Even if I put the original bulb in (which is good, I tested it) the light won't come on. Is there a dimmer circuit in the mirror itself, and is it possible that somehow got shorted out? No chance of a fuse, I assume. Any thoughts on how to repair this? I miss the light and it looks silly when I open the doors and only one side lights up. BTW, the bulbs did work fine in the trunk, which just makes this even more weird. Thanks..
Old 09-27-13, 07:17 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StanVanDam
Steve: I agree, which is why I asked "Which are the brightest bulbs that fit in the 2 trunk light and 4 under-door puddle light enclosures?"

Basically, I find the trunk and under-door puddle lights too dim, and I want bright bulbs in there that fit, won't create too much heat, and will last a long time. Can anyone link to specific bulbs that meet these criteria?
For the best results I would recommend going with the Philips Blue Vision 194 T10 bulbs or the Putco 194 High Power Automotive LED Bulb. They offer the same results but you can't beat the price of the Philips 194 LED bulbs.

Danny
Old 10-24-13, 05:01 PM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

I'm having trouble knowing what size bulb/LED is for side view mirrors? I want to replace these. The one where he uses 2 credit cards in the pictures... What size bulb/LED is that?
Old 11-03-13, 01:46 PM
karmaz
Rookie

T10 W5W bulb
Old 12-16-13, 06:53 PM
Manster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RomanTPA
I GOT THE LEDs FROM THIS GUY.. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR THE QUALITY VS. PRICE

Exterior Mirror Lights (the easy 5min way)

0. IF YOU DO NOT READ THIS OR BE GENTLE, YOU WILL ****** IT UP
1. You will need a tiny pry bar and/or 2 credit cards
2. Slide the card at an angle starting from one corner up until the entire credit card is in (see pic)
3. Pop that side of the light housing out pass the trim thats holding it up
4. With second credit card, following step #2, slide the card through
5. While prying on both credit cards slide them toward the door of the car.
6. Once the end has completely popped out, slide the housing assembly toward the door
7. Carefully pull the assembly down
8. Once cleared the mirror, turn the pull off the light assembly from the bulb base
9. Bulb base can only go back in one way.
10. Replace the bulb with LED, then start putting everything back together
11. Put the end closes to the door in first
12. Work your way around with credit cards again to clear the trim that holds the housing in place

I just joined this forum. I bought a ls430 a month ago, and this write up was a major help. The credit card trick worked with ease. I am glad,because I did not want to pull the mirror off. Anyways, great informative write up!! I will post pics soon!!
Old 03-12-14, 06:21 PM
RomanTPA
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

PM'ed, sorry, im here once every few months.. (when something fails. lol)
Old 04-05-14, 04:15 PM
bhbiv
Driver

I just bought a 04 430UL and there are other vanity lights in front of the rear seats. Anyone know the size bulbs these are? Also was trying to get a visual schematic of all the bulb sizes and locations for the interior. Thanks guys
Old 04-10-14, 03:43 AM
bhbiv
Driver

If anyone is ever wondering. The vanity/mirror bulbs are 6441 & the map lights are BA9s.
Took me forever to find what they were.
Old 08-11-14, 07:16 PM
ceedub53
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am admittedly, late to this discussion so forgive my question if it has been asked previously. Using LED's in the LS430, does this ever give false "bulb out" messages since the voltage may differ slightly from normal bulbs?

Quick Reply: HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s