LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Anyone have any "next LS" info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-10, 09:31 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone have any "next LS" info?

I'm curious about what the next LS will look like, have to offer, and cost. Did anyone, including moderators, hear anything concerning it? Although my next move will probably be an 08 or 09 LS460L, I can't help but wonder what direction Lexus will take with its flagship considering the heat its getting from the competition. I'm a big fan of the LS since 89 because it embodies everything i like and need in a car: Power, Loyalty, Respect, and Simplicity. Just want Lexus to keep that combination going with each and every gen of LS. Has there been any news, rumors or spy shots out there to hold me over til we get something solid? Im crossing my fingers and hope it will not look anything closely related to the HS or CTh. A step back in Lexus design IMO. Someone please give me some info to shut me up for a while.
Old 06-28-10, 05:51 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
... Someone please give me some info to shut me up for a while.
LOL One of the advantages of buying cars that are one generation behind is that I don't fret about the what the next generation of any vehicle is going to be. Like you said, my next car has already been built and I'll know its reliability history by the time I am ready to buy. If I ever get my Allante sold, I'm thinking about a new winter driver - a 03 to early 05 LX. I'll be picking Jim Chow's brain at that time.
Old 06-28-10, 09:18 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I have to believe they would be designing and producing hybrid type vehicles even for the flagship in the near future. I would love a plug in hrbrid LS style car for my next ride -

kinda like a a super lux golf cart : )

and yes all cars will get more complex and dog butt ugly due to fuel efficiency standards - nothing will stop that except for the invention of a viable cold fusion power plant
Old 06-28-10, 11:30 AM
mewhee
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a link to the Lexus.com concept site where you can get a glimpse of what's in the designers heads, although obviously nothing is set in stone.

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_s.html

Click on the Photo Gallery once there for additional conceptual views ...

Btw, love the statement "my next car has already been built" by caddyowner above. Never looked at it that way but 'tis oh so true as I've always let someone else take the major depreciation hit

Will and the Fur Crew in the OC
``````````````````````````
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Last edited by mewhee; 06-28-10 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-28-10, 02:34 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mewhee
Here's a link to the Lexus.com concept site where you can get a glimpse of what's in the designers heads, although obviously nothing is set in stone.

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/lf_s.html

Click on the Photo Gallery once there for additional conceptual views ...

Btw, love the statement "my next car has already been built" by caddyowner above. Never looked at it that way but 'tis oh so true as I've always let someone else take the major depreciation hit

Will and the Fur Crew in the OC
``````````````````````````
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.
^^ How I love the Design of Lexus... always.
Old 06-28-10, 03:54 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

While the LF-S concept is nice, its really not all that inspiring for the LS imo. Maybe for the next ES sedan it may fit but the LS needs something a little more majestic. Thanks for giving me something to look at tho.
Old 06-28-10, 04:38 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
LOL One of the advantages of buying cars that are one generation behind is that I don't fret about the what the next generation of any vehicle is going to be. Like you said, my next car has already been built and I'll know its reliability history by the time I am ready to buy.
I have a similar car buying strategy. Have seen it, know what it looks like with a variety of mods...now to wait for it to hit my price point.

That LF-X looks nice.
Old 06-28-10, 06:52 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That concept LF-S will look nothing like the production 5th Gen LS. I'm sure it will be a evolutionary change, nothing drastic. Lexus is never drastic....
Old 06-28-10, 06:57 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

The 1-3 LS's had a similar carry-over. The 4-LS was a big enough jump in the way the lines went IMO. It will be interesting to see how aggressive they become.
Old 06-28-10, 08:33 PM
kg19989
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I am pissing in the wind but I wish they would come back a bit... the timeless beauty of our LS430s never gets old. I can't help but smile when I walk up to it and then get in and the first thing I notice is the leather on the side of the passenger seat. My driver's seat has more leather than my wife's fully loaded '10 Navigator. I know...I am now off topic but I can't help it. Our 430s are perfect.
Old 06-28-10, 09:38 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Agreed with AlexusAnja, it will just be another evolutionary change, more power, more weight, more features, or the existing features will work more effectively. I think it will be a very solid model since the Hyundai Equus is looking VERY good. I mean if the Equus is better, it will be my next car, I don't have any brand loyality, I buy whatever is the best on the market

The engine will most likely be a 5.0L V8 with 420~430 hp, pretty much the engine from the IS-F and LS600. News for the Equus is it will have a 5.0L direct injected V8 making 429 hp, so I am sure Lexus will have a similar engine.

Old 06-28-10, 09:41 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RA40
I have a similar car buying strategy. Have seen it, know what it looks like with a variety of mods...now to wait for it to hit my price point.

That LF-X looks nice.
Agreed with you and caddyowner here. Buying used car is one of the few only things we can do in life after it happened. Can see the reliability and after everyone tried all the mods first before I buy one. And of course buy one at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price
Old 06-28-10, 09:46 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kg19989
I know I am pissing in the wind but I wish they would come back a bit... the timeless beauty of our LS430s never gets old. I can't help but smile when I walk up to it and then get in and the first thing I notice is the leather on the side of the passenger seat. My driver's seat has more leather than my wife's fully loaded '10 Navigator. I know...I am now off topic but I can't help it. Our 430s are perfect.
Agreed with you too, our 430s are perfect. Still to this day don't like the 460/600, there are only 3 new features on the 460 that I wish is on my 430. Heated steering wheel, powered side curtain and power operated trunk lid. Oh and the cooling seats can be more effective. Other then that, the 430 is a better car in every ways.....more wood, softer leather, most importantly bigger windows, lower belt lines, higher roof lines, feels much more spacious
Old 06-29-10, 01:40 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Agreed with AlexusAnja, it will just be another evolutionary change, more power, more weight, more features, or the existing features will work more effectively. I think it will be a very solid model since the Hyundai Equus is looking VERY good. I mean if the Equus is better, it will be my next car, I don't have any brand loyality, I buy whatever is the best on the market

The engine will most likely be a 5.0L V8 with 420~430 hp, pretty much the engine from the IS-F and LS600. News for the Equus is it will have a 5.0L direct injected V8 making 429 hp, so I am sure Lexus will have a similar engine.

My two Favorite models are side-by-side. The 98-00 LS400 and the 2004-2006 LS430.

Beautiful.
Old 06-29-10, 03:42 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just hope they go back to being inspired by Mercedes instead of the Camry.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any "next LS" info?