LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Motorola DROID - send phonebook / contacts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 05:49 AM
LesMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorola DROID - send phonebook / contacts

I am able to PAIR my Motorola Droid cell phone with my 2004 LS430 UL ... with no issues.

Now I am trying to upload just a portion of my phone book - so I can take advantage of my 1-Touch Dial feature. As much as I would like to have my entire phone book in the car... I will settle with the (18) contacts I want to have as 1-Touch dial entries.

Interestingly enough - the phonebook entries from my prior phone (TREO) are still listed in the phonebook... and will work, now that I have switched and paired to the Droid. But... I have some NEW phonebook entries that I want / need on the 1 Touch dialing.

I downloaded Bluetooth File Transfer from the app store ... and created a CSV File which I was able to save on the Droid. The CSV File has (2) columns:

CONTACT , PHONE NUMBER
John Smith, 3301234567

I can initiate the File Transfer by going into Information, Phone, Settings... I can see the connection, and it begins to transfer ... but then I get the message "Transfer Failed".

So - now I am stuck.

Do I need to create a different CSV format??
Does the file need to be saved in a different file type??
Is there any other way of doing this??

I am pretty confident that there is no way to simply MANUALLY ENTER the Contacts and Phone Numbers (which is seriously insane, but I digress.)
Old 05-17-10, 08:45 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Although I don't have an answer for you, I feel your pain.

I couldn't upload anything with an iPhone. I had to upload individual contacts with my Motorola Razor. Spent about an hour and half in the car doing this.
Fortunately, I knew that I only had to do this once. Knowing I need to add one contact every now and then isn't going to kill me.
Old 05-24-10, 09:12 PM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Is the Navigation for LS430 the same as the IS250? I also own a Droid and was successful at transferring all of my contacts to the phonebook using the Bluetooth File Transfer from the app store. I'm not sure what a CVS file is but, all I did was export my contacts to the SD card and then used the app to transfer it over to the phonebook. The contacts file should be listed as a VCF file.
Old 02-04-11, 07:40 PM
Uplate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SPNinjA
Is the Navigation for LS430 the same as the IS250? I also own a Droid and was successful at transferring all of my contacts to the phonebook using the Bluetooth File Transfer from the app store. I'm not sure what a CVS file is but, all I did was export my contacts to the SD card and then used the app to transfer it over to the phonebook. The contacts file should be listed as a VCF file.
Yes. I exporyed my contacts on Droid Gen 1 to SD card as vsf file
Then used the Bluetooth file transfer app to connect to the Lexus. The transfer showed 30 files uploading ..but all 400 contacts were transferred.
Worked great
Old 02-19-11, 11:46 AM
bigolow
Driver School Candidate

go to your're contacts..highlite the name and hit the menu then go to send contact, then you can trnsfer via blue tooth options when you're in car. only one contact at a time though.
Old 02-19-11, 05:38 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bigolow
go to your're contacts..highlite the name and hit the menu then go to send contact, then you can trnsfer via blue tooth options when you're in car. only one contact at a time though.
That doesn't work for me. The devices lose connection as soon as I try to transfer.