maintenance reminder

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-10, 07:45 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default maintenance reminder

Hi everyone.

Bought a 04 LS430 a couple of months back. I've been hanging around this forum even prior to buying a LS as part of my homework.

There is a maintenance reminder on the models with NAV. Menu/information/maintenance. I've set the oil change to XXXX miles (but not the date) and I've been watching it count down. It has now counted down to zero, but nothing on the NAV or the dash tells me I need an oil change.

Is that normal the maintenance screen is just for reporting purposes only and I have to still monitor it every now and then?
Or is the car suppose to tell me that I need to change my oil and I've missed a setting for it to do that?
Old 05-01-10, 08:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

On my 2005 the gauge cluster maintenence light comes on for oil change at 5K (think this is dealer reset). I've never used the ones in the navigation, but suspect they are personal record only and don't set off the warning.
Old 05-01-10, 09:07 AM
randal
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my '02 Nav maintenance, an "Information screen" is displayed after either the date or mileage is reached. The screen only appears for about 5 seconds after "agreeing" to being a safe driver. Then it disappears automagically but comes on every time you start up. So, if you blink you might miss it. You also have to "arm" the maintenance alarm by setting "ON" in the main Maintenance screen.

When this screen appears, there is a "Do not display this message again" bar at the bottom. Pressing that bar will of course suppress the message.

The picture below is what mine shows. It appears to be blended(overlaid) with the map but that is only because it was transitioning right when the camera shutter was open. Not much time to snap the picture. But hopefully helps.

BTW, welcome to the party...er, club, Joey!
Attached Thumbnails maintenance reminder-ls430_message.jpg  

Last edited by randal; 05-01-10 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-01-10, 09:24 AM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

huh...
I'll have to set my oil change to 2 miles later today and go for a drive.
Old 05-01-10, 05:39 PM
LexusJoey
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by randal
On my '02 Nav maintenance, an "Information screen" is displayed after either the date or mileage is reached. The screen only appears for about 5 seconds after "agreeing" to being a safe driver. Then it disappears automagically but comes on every time you start up. So, if you blink you might miss it. You also have to "arm" the maintenance alarm by setting "ON" in the main Maintenance screen.

When this screen appears, there is a "Do not display this message again" bar at the bottom. Pressing that bar will of course suppress the message.

The picture below is what mine shows. It appears to be blended(overlaid) with the map but that is only because it was transitioning right when the camera shutter was open. Not much time to snap the picture. But hopefully helps.

BTW, welcome to the party...er, club, Joey!

Although the contact information is blank on mine (dealer not set up), it does do that !!! I must of missed it the first time.
THANKS !!!
Old 05-01-10, 08:14 PM
randal
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusJoey
Although the contact information is blank on mine (dealer not set up), it does do that !!! I must of missed it the first time.
THANKS !!!
You're welcome. I also noticed that just deleting the maintenance item was not enough to keep it from showing each time I selected "agree" on the Nav. I had to press the "Do not display this message again" button to get rid of it.

It could use some refinement(and may have on the later models) but its a pretty neat feature nonetheless.