LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Dajap LS430

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-10, 11:05 AM
Aimhigher3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
lol SAND IT DOWN!! We've all or I should say most of us have cut our rears! and some fronts too!!
I rolled my fenders and my rears are still rubbing. I know the Lexus fenders are quite thin and the paint can easily chip off so Im asking before I do mine.
Old 03-05-10, 04:17 PM
Dajap
Driver

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
wow bro the car looks sooo dope! I like I like!
Thanks bro! I'm having a hard time trying to catch up to all you Cali VIP LS430s!

Originally Posted by Aimhigher3
Im curious, when you cut your rear fender....do u cut it all the way? or just a little bit?

Since you cut it , wouldnt you leave a sharp edge? That could cut the rim or tire up? And would the paint edge start peeling or chipping off???
It was cut as close as possible and sealed and painted with touch up paint. My next venture is to get the front fenders rolled by somebody in SD. Probably someone on the forums, shops charge way too much.

New Grill. Not Chrome or Black Chrome. Its just a shade darker than the stock grill and looks great with the Flint Mica.
Old 03-05-10, 10:42 PM
LS617
Driver

wow, that's more than hella flush
Old 03-06-10, 11:58 AM
ViPCeo
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dajap
Thanks bro! I'm having a hard time trying to catch up to all you Cali VIP LS430s!

It was cut as close as possible and sealed and painted with touch up paint. My next venture is to get the front fenders rolled by somebody in SD. Probably someone on the forums, shops charge way too much.

New Grill. Not Chrome or Black Chrome. Its just a shade darker than the stock grill and looks great with the Flint Mica.
Monmey shot all day brah loving it....
Old 03-06-10, 07:13 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Gangsta look!
Old 03-09-10, 09:00 AM
HAWAI'I
Rookie

Default ouch

First off, VERY NICE RIDE.

I love the color/wheels, but like the other people here, I cannot fully understnd this "Hella Flush" thing. I guess I too am old school, I cannot bear thinking that my tires is getting wasted so damn fast on one side only. The offset is too aggressive for my taste, to each his own I guess.. but that is pushing it too much. Good luck with the car.
Old 03-09-10, 09:46 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Aimhigher3
I rolled my fenders and my rears are still rubbing. I know the Lexus fenders are quite thin and the paint can easily chip off so Im asking before I do mine.
I recommend being very careful with rolling. I've seen a number of cars -- Toyotas, Lexus, and all manner of others with cracked paint from rolling. Some of these were done by highly regarded professional bodymen. The cracking may not happen immediately, but may show up later. There's a myth that you can heat the lip with a heat gun during the rolling process and prevent the cracking, but I don't believe it because at least some of the ones I've seen were heated, then cracked later.
Old 03-21-12, 10:00 PM
Dajap
Driver

Man, its been a while since I posted anything new about the car. Let's just say that the last round of mods took a lot time to tweak and drained me of my cash. Some may have seen this stuff on my FB but figured it was time to post it in here.

New items added to the LS...
1. Out with the old factory air and replaced with AirRunner.
2. Accuair E-Level management installed.
3. Custom Audio setup for trunk complete.
4. Junction Produce BBK 6/4 Pot installed after a lot of work!

No pictures of the air setup due to it being under the audio but credit goes to AutoFashion!

Pictures of the trunk setup which includes
(2 )12" Alpine Type X, (2) Alpine PDX 600.1, (1) Alpine PDX F4, (1) Alpine Type X Component Set

As for the BBK. The tophat design on them made no sense to me. They had an indent which didn't allow me to run the LXZ's without running a 15mm spacer.

The spacer pushed my wheels out 15mm more compared to when I was running stock brakes. I wasn't planning on buying new wheels for these brakes and I didn't want to run 15mm spacers in the back to match and do major body work so I decided to pick up a set of spare wheels while I decided what I wanted to do with the brake situation.
I picked up a set of MRR wheels on Craigslist for $500 with tires but I had to replace one.

I spotted a guy on clublexus selling a pair of LS430 tophats for a stoptech BBK with the mounting brackets. After a lot of measuring and emailing with this guy, I jumped the gun and bought them from him. I then told Autofashion my plan for trying to utilize these tophats with my JP Rotors and fabricating new parts for the stoptech caliper brackets. After Elroy did some measuring and drawing on CAD our custom caliber brackets design was sent off to get CNC'd.

After they came back... Everything managed to fit perfectly and the wheels/brakes/old fitment was on point again!

Some proper pictures will come sometime down the road, SD weather has been ****ty lately.

I just want to thank Freddie and Elroy at AutoFasion for the great work and all the help!!!
Old 03-21-12, 10:03 PM
Dajap
Driver

Some other pictures I took messing around with my camera. Need to get some proper pictures during the daytime.

Old 03-22-12, 04:23 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Dajap your car is looking hella sick, nice updates man!
Old 03-22-12, 05:13 AM
Enigma869
Driver

Originally Posted by caddyowner
I'm an old fart. I just don't get it. I see the Scion and think "Zamboni".
Ha! Now, this is funny.. Cars really illustrate the point that everyone has such individual taste. I see so many vehicles on a daily basis that I just shake my head at and can't believe anyone would even want to be seen in (of course the owner loves it and that's all that matters). In fairness, the Scion isn't exactly the picture of attractiveness (my opinion) without mods being done.

John
Old 03-22-12, 05:56 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice setup, lot of money there
Old 03-23-12, 01:53 AM
kenshimoto
Rookie

nice setup, but dat sum crazy offset haha. still waiting on my d3s
Old 03-23-12, 07:48 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous! Trunk setup looks amazing!
Old 03-23-12, 09:03 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Insane setup Lots of time and money I see.

Quick Reply: Dajap LS430