LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check Out a LS430 in Bellevue, WA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-10, 02:02 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Caddy - be careful dude - hopefully this deal is not starting to smell fishy. I'd ask the dealer to come up with a complete set of working keys and fix the body work or ask for my refund back.

btw - I agree wonderful forum support for a fellow member - very cool
Old 01-28-10, 03:43 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^
I'm keeping an open mind about the key thing, waiting to hear from the mechanic if there is a problem and how much it would take to fix it. I can walk away if it becomes a real problem. It'll only cost me about $100 for the inspection and something for airtime. (Airtime, send me your address so I can send you something. Do you like Hooters?)

From what I've observed, there are 1-2 cars per week coming on the market that meet my needs.
Old 01-28-10, 03:50 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
(Airtime, send me your address so I can send you something. Do you like Hooters?)
what an odd question

Old 01-28-10, 03:58 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

^^^
In the Corvette world, Hooters is (are?) the all-purpose meeting place.
Old 01-28-10, 05:26 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Update on the key issue: The mechanic mistakenly had the valet key. Once he had the master key everything was OK.

Dealer is still working on transport costs. They should know the open and closed transport figures tomorrow. Then we talk final price. My banker (my son) is back in the country and is coming over this evening.
Old 01-28-10, 07:59 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Caddyowner, I just stop by Autodynamix today after work as I needed some welding done. Talked with Rhee and he said the dealer just picked the car back up. He said that car was super clean, fantastic condition. He also mentioned about the keys to me. That goes to show you, a BMW dealer knows nothing about Lexus , but that could be your benefit too.

Side note: Just in case of smart access issues. There is a button under the dash where you can enable and disable it. It is right next to the low tire warning reset button as well as the volume button. Only an owner would know that as when I bought my car, the sales person didn't know about it, they had to get a mechanic out to press the button to get it working.

Last edited by airtime; 01-28-10 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-29-10, 02:57 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Thanks, again. Don't blame the BMW dealer for the key mixup. When I was talking to Rhea about it I asked if he had the valet key instead of the master key. He insisted he had a master key. Maybe Lexus should have made the valet keys a different color.

I'm going to have to start reading the owners manual. Lots and lots of goodies on this car. On the other extreme, I'll be driving my Dakota chore truck this weekend - it has crank windows and manual locks. I'm loaning my Lincoln to my son this weekend while he is home (he loaned his car to his brother and sister-in-law while he's overseas) so he can take some friends to a Pistons game.
Old 01-29-10, 11:37 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Final update:

Deal is done. Paperwork and funds need to be exchanged. Final price is $25.5K plus $900 shipping. They weren't very flexible on the price. The sales manager had plenty of other interested parties and, being part of Auto Nation, planned to send it to another dealership if it didn't sell for what they wanted in 2-3 weeks.

Mega thanks to airtime for taking pics and hooking me up with his mechanic for the inspection. Thanks to all others for their thoughtful advice. I will post pics of the arrival in about 2+ weeks.
Old 01-29-10, 11:44 AM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Caddy on the purchase. Can't say welcome because you're already fam. LOL. Now you will have firsthand account of the experience of owning this wonderful piece of machinery. Now that "coming attraction" post can now read: LS430 - attraction has come.
Old 01-29-10, 11:56 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats sir!
Old 01-29-10, 12:28 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

does anyone else feel like YOU were part of this sale

caddyowner, congrats on the purchase and a special thanks for helping stimulate our economy. Looking forward to your car arrival posts.
Old 01-29-10, 02:42 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats... and welcome to the LS430 family.
Old 01-29-10, 03:34 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Where's my d*** car? I'm impatient already. LOL

Seriously, FYI this dealer is having a notary company to handle the paperwork. They sent everything to a local representative. Early next week, I will sign the paperwork and give them the check. They will then overnight it to the dealer. Once received, the dealer will release the car to the transport company. The transport company quoted 5 day delivery once they receive the car. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 01-29-10, 08:17 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Anticipation and distance makes the heart grow fonder. Congrats on successfully completing your search.
Old 02-15-10, 10:57 AM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Congratulations on the new addition, caddyowner!
And congrats on getting the fastest, quietest, most comfortable, best gas mileage, best handling, sexiest color combo too!

Quick Reply: Check Out a LS430 in Bellevue, WA?