LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Check Out a LS430 in Bellevue, WA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 04:30 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
See this is why it pays to be part of a club like this. The networking is great!
Best car forum on the planet !!
Old 01-27-10, 12:11 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey caddy, this car is very nice and clean. Definately like it. It also has the very rare woodgrain in it also. Don't know if that is mirror tint or fog but if it is tint it will have to come off before or after purchase IMO. Anyway, just wanted to give my thoughts on the ride. Very Nice man! Hope the Airtime gives you some good feed back pricing works out for you. Good luck!
Old 01-27-10, 03:55 PM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

It is indeed a nice car. Few exceptions but overall clean.

http://tinyurl.com/yjaleam

Password is: davidw

Last edited by airtime; 01-27-10 at 07:35 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 01-27-10, 04:11 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I was writing a status update when airtime posted his pics. Here's were I stand:

- Airtime stopped at the dealership and took the above pics. (Thanks man!)

- There is an ugly scrape on the passenger side rear door and body in front of the rear wheel. The BMW dealer said they will look at it and see if they can address it. I sent pics to my bodyshop to get a rough estimate of repair costs.

- Airtime only saw the valet key. I have to verify with the dealer that the master keys are present.

- The car has new tires. Unfortunately, they are Goodyear Eagle RS-As. Boneheads!

- I made a refundable deposit.

- The dealer is getting transportation quotes.

- The dealer delivered the car to Airtime's mechanic for an inspection this afternoon.

- I'm waiting on the mechanic's inspection.

I've located 3 other cars that merit consideration. All would have lower transportation costs.
Old 01-27-10, 05:24 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner

- Airtime only saw the valet key. I have to verify with the dealer that the master keys are present.
definitely use that as a bargaining power. Those keys aren't cheap (but you can always order through Sewell)

Very nice find there caddyowner!!! Somehow CL's are rarer than the ULs

Old 01-27-10, 05:38 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
...Somehow CL's are rarer than the ULs...
I had a couple dealers tell me that. Maybe it's because they wanted to sell me MLs in stock, maybe not.
Old 01-27-10, 10:32 PM
Vpanin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a nice looking ride at a good price
Old 01-28-10, 06:49 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

i think you'll be in good shape, regarding the exterior, with a professional detail job that includes buffing out some scratches. Very wise to get the mechanicals looked into. The maintenance required messages would scare me. Hope it checks out! Love the color and the package.

Good luck!
Old 01-28-10, 07:03 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Originally Posted by DDLexus
... The maintenance required messages would scare me. ...
I believe the maintenance required message is because the car is due for the 30K maintenance. We'll see what the mechanic's inspection report says.

BTW, I spoke with my local Lexus service dept. about the Smartaccess situation if there is a missing master key or if there is no master key, just the valet. He said:

- The 2005 LS allowed a master to be programmed from the valet key. Cost is ~$300 per key, including labor.

- Older cars did not allow masters to be programmed from the valet key.
Old 01-28-10, 08:44 AM
airtime

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Master key also have the trunk button on it. Without smart access, you would not be able to open the trunk with a valet.
Old 01-28-10, 10:17 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Spoke with mechanic. All mechanical and electrical systems check out OK. The car needs a 30K service. He says the scrape on the door isn't too bad and recommends getting the car undercoated if used in Michigan winters.

However, there is a problem with the key situation. He had a master key but could not access the trunk, trunk lockout, or glove box. He said it appeared that the left door and ignition had been re-keyed. He is waiting for the dealer to bring over all the keys to further diagnose what is going on.
Old 01-28-10, 10:29 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

To all you fellow LS memebers and owners helping out caddyowner, I feel proud to be apart of this forum! Mad props for stepping up and helping a member out on his quest for an LS, truley outstanding!
Old 01-28-10, 10:47 AM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
However, there is a problem with the key situation. He had a master key but could not access the trunk, trunk lockout, or glove box. He said it appeared that the left door and ignition had been re-keyed. He is waiting for the dealer to bring over all the keys to further diagnose what is going on.
That's a big problem. If a "trunk lock" botton (by the steering wheel) was pressed there is no way to open the trunk. You need a master key to unlock the trunk. I had the same thing happen to me when i got my car. Luckly, i got in touch with people from an auction where i bought it and they fedexed all the keys as well as the books to me.
Old 01-28-10, 12:24 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
To all you fellow LS memebers and owners helping out caddyowner, I feel proud to be apart of this forum! Mad props for stepping up and helping a member out on his quest for an LS, truley outstanding!
I second that emotion! I feel confident in that when the time comes for me to step into my next LS, I know that people from all over the country that i have never met will advise, help, and creatique my potential purchase. And that my friends can go a long way when you're spending thousands of dollars. Good looking out.
Old 01-28-10, 01:53 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
^Agree with both of you guys our family was also greatly helped by members (actually friends!) on this forum.

Quick Reply: Check Out a LS430 in Bellevue, WA?