LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

before and during, not so much after :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 03:18 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default before and during, not so much after :D

thought i would throw up a couple pics of my own,, it was really cold out in the wind but pretty peaceful else wise.

prepping for the storm:

Old 12-21-09, 03:22 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

and some more:

Old 12-21-09, 04:43 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Correct preparation.
Old 12-23-09, 09:19 AM
xuserx04
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So im guessing the nice wheels are put away for the winter?
Old 12-23-09, 10:25 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

nice pics. I was hoping someone shot some video or photos on their lexus in that storm! I posted some when i lived up in Minnesota a few years back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHtTdapIW6U

Would like to see some LS430 fun too!
Old 12-23-09, 11:11 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yep, the nice er well cheap nice wheels are actually at a rim shop getting re finished so they will be all nice and shiny for when i put them back on somewhere around march. the wheels were pretty dull looking around the lips but the shop claims they are supposed to look like showroom shine new after they do their thing.

yeah no video or fun in the snow this year. i was just telling my wife that this was my very first snow storm that i didn't actually find a big empty snowy parking lot to have some fun in i actually looked but where i live at in annapolis there weren't any big open places that weren't already filled with cars.

nice video, thats the stock version of my old car, oh how i miss that car.
Old 12-23-09, 06:41 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice shots Sojah. I think i may have seen you before on either 295 or 695. Anyhoot, thats way worse than what i was dealing with. Hope your arms and back aren't sore anymore from snow shoveling. I know mine are. BTW, what lake is that?
Old 12-24-09, 06:43 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

the little tiny lake off to the right from my back porch is called chase pond (in annapolis) and the big body of water is the chesapeake bay.

i always look out for fellow 430's but only occasionally is it a driver under 40 (no offense i'm sure i'll still be driving an equivalent car when i'm that old too ). i do frequent those roads at least once or twice a week so could be. flash ur lights next time and i will do the same if i see someone under 40 driving one as well. i think we should have more 430 love out there. i never seem to get the return wave from anyone under like 50 driving a 430 though.
Old 12-24-09, 06:57 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want waves back, buy a Corvette. Many vette owners wave to each other.
Old 12-24-09, 08:45 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caddyowner
If you want waves back, buy a Corvette. Many vette owners wave to each other.
nice,, i can't even get my 60 year old neighbor in his 01-03 ls430 UL to wave at me when we drive past each other, but he sure recognizes me outside of the cars... odd, but i often wonder if it may be due to the lowering of my 430, the dark tint, the fancy-er (than stock) wheels and what not but its like other 430 (stock) drivers don't want to acknowledge that i am also in a 430 and will just turn their heads away to avoid an awkward moment. do they see my car as like a big modified honda civic or something? not that there is anything wrong with driving a modified (riced out) honda civic .
Old 12-24-09, 04:04 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah if i do see you next time i'll make myself known and yes i'm under 40(34). I believe that since the LSs age group doesn't include under 50 year old drivers, i think that when they see us in the car we somehow look out of place like we don't belong in this fine upscale automobile. LOL. I get those looks all the time. I'm quite sure if i went to go buy a new 460 off the lot from a 50+ year old salesman, he definitely wouldn't look at me funny and turn me away! Anyhoot, your neighbor may feel the when he sees you in your car. IMO.
Old 12-24-09, 09:22 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Correct preparation.
A garage would have been ideal but the Red Stripe helps a lot.
Old 12-24-09, 09:47 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Yeah a garage would be ideal but believe me u I've looked into it but we would have to decide between having our kayaks sitting on a somewhat communal makeshift beach with water front views and no garage, or a garage and not so much of the other stuff. Unfortunately I can't afford both right now and until there are 3 of us our cond is just fine, plus we are the only ones in our whole building who live there year round so its pretty damn quiet most of the time.

And yeah the red stripe is a must for any snow day.
Old 12-24-09, 09:49 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Yeah a garage would be ideal but believe me u I've looked into it but we would have to decide between having our kayaks sitting on a somewhat communal makeshift beach with water front views and no garage, or a garage and not so much of the other stuff. Unfortunately I can't afford both right now and until there are 3 of us our condo is just fine, plus we are the only ones in our whole building who live there year round so its pretty damn quiet most of the time.

And yeah the red stripe is a must for any snow day.
Old 12-25-09, 09:30 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Allow me to add some pictures of my own.

I was at a friends house Friday night with the GS (bad idea), and ended being stranded there until Sunday afternoon when the parking lot was finally cleared for us to get out.

If you cant tell, the GS is sporting staggered wheels running 245/40 in the front, and 275/35 rear in EXTREME SUMMER flavor.

It was very humbling getting stuck every 5mins as FWD sub compacts were passing me by like they were Hummers.
Attached Thumbnails before and during, not so much after :D-img00158-20091220-0935-medium-.jpg   before and during, not so much after :D-img00159-20091220-0935-medium-.jpg  

Quick Reply: before and during, not so much after :D